SteveBruceHappyNiceTime

10 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Postage is a bit steep - a lot steep tbh

Base your price on weight not quantity. Royal Mail will help with that and keeps it simple. 

Some nice stuff though mate. Be nice to see what you sell next. 

I'll take a look.

I've tried to be fair and represent the actual cost to us - it costs £3.45 to send a small parcel first class and that's what the mugs come in. 

We can get 2 in that size but if someone orders 3 or 4 mugs we currently send as 2 packages at £6.70 cost Vs. £5.50 or £6.50 postage.

There's a little bit in the prints and t shirts but when you consider packaging and all that jazz then don't think they are unreasonable.

When we started out we built postage costs into the sale price and had free postage but this penalised people who bought a few things together so we tried to change the approach.

Cheers for the feedback though.

4 hours ago, Chris C said:

Because we're shifting the last few bits of stock left. Then we'll have a think at end of season about what we want to do over the summer and next season and sort some new product out. We've been around for a couple of years and aren't generally making a loss but selling those t-shirts for £5 and the mugs for £3 there's nothing in it for us. 

If you're putting new products out, how about a collaboration with trevdi9. Some of his designs I'd deffo buy on a t shirt or mug. 

• Like 1

So if i order a mug and a print it will be £3 + £1?

But if i order a print and a mug it will come to £2.50 + £1 ?

Btw, not denigrating your items or service at all, the mugs look class. Just curious as to whether you mean the additional item has to be the same as the original item ordered or not?

Screenshot_20190321-062337.png

15 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

So if i order a mug and a print it will be £3 + £1?

But if i order a print and a mug it will come to £2.50 + £1 ?

Btw, not denigrating your items or service at all, the mugs look class. Just curious as to whether you mean the additional item has to be the same as the original item ordered or not?

Screenshot_20190321-062337.png

Not quite - it doesn't matter what order things go into the basket. 

So if you ordered a mug and a print it would be £4.50 - £3.50 for the mug and then an additional £1 for the print.

2 prints would be £3.50.

I need to update that postage page anyway as we had to increase the mug postage from the original £3 and I'll see if I can make it a bit clearer.

13 hours ago, Chris C said:

Because we're shifting the last few bits of stock left. Then we'll have a think at end of season about what we want to do over the summer and next season and sort some new product out. We've been around for a couple of years and aren't generally making a loss but selling those t-shirts for £5 and the mugs for £3 there's nothing in it for us. 

Well it cannot be old stock cos Bruce only been here 2 minutes, how many have you sold so far?

BTW Multiple logins are not allowed :ph34r:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

46 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Well it cannot be old stock cos Bruce only been here 2 minutes, how many have you sold so far?

BTW Multiple logins are not allowed :ph34r:

The Steve Bruce flavoured sale is obviously very new - however we've been about for 2 1/2 years. We've sold hundreds of items in that time, are now stocked in the Owls Megastore, have raised over £700 for the Children's Hospital Charity and donated a load of pasta to the Archer Project. We didn't just start this week to celebrate Mr Bruce. 

No idea how I even managed the other login. This one is the one I've had for years!

18 minutes ago, Chris C said:

The Steve Bruce flavoured sale is obviously very new - however we've been about for 2 1/2 years. We've sold hundreds of items in that time, are now stocked in the Owls Megastore, have raised over £700 for the Children's Hospital Charity and donated a load of pasta to the Archer Project. We didn't just start this week to celebrate Mr Bruce. 

No idea how I even managed the other login. This one is the one I've had for years!

You do answer posts very straight don't you, do you not know how it works on here lol.  Good effort on the £700 to CH well done.  Just don't think that the matchday thread is the place for advertising merchandise, there is another forum on this site dedicated to selling stuff.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

17 minutes ago, Striggy said:

You do answer posts very straight don't you, do you not know how it works on here lol.  Good effort on the £700 to CH well done.  Just don't think that the matchday thread is the place for advertising merchandise, there is another forum on this site dedicated to selling stuff.

That's fair - although no-one reads it :)

Generally when I do post in here we get a few sales and I'd like to think we've therefore given some people some good products that they're happy with and it has been worthwhile. Appreciate we'll never keep everyone happy and understand some people will have zero interest in what we have to sell. We're obviously a tiny operation and are doing this on the side from busy full time jobs and family life so hardly spend a penny on advertising. Forums like this and social media are a great way for us to get a bit of awareness about what we are doing.

We originally started because we (like loads of other people) were moaning about what was on offer in the Megastore. We thought we could maybe do a bit better so got some designs together, sourced some products and made a website. Hopefully we'll continue raising a few £££ for charity too.

• Like 1