Liam Palmer

Guest Kagoshimaowl
42 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Keeps this form going and I wonder what his international prospects are.. good on the lad. Top stuff recently.

I hope that’s to tongue in cheek!!  To be fair, Liam is proving me wrong. Been outstanding since Bruce came in!

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Why ....just why ????

What do you mean?

It has been overblown...he's been solid but offered little in the final third of the pitch. Yet folks were banging on like he was Philipp Lahm.

Tonight he was solid AND was much more consistent in his forward play.

Played reasonably well all season imo but wasn’t helped by Jos’ rotation policy and looked generally unhappy during his reign. 

Did unbelieably well tobight especially considering he had to cover at LB 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

What do you mean?

It has been overblown...he's been solid but offered little in the final third of the pitch. Yet folks were banging on like he was Philipp Lahm.

And here we have a typical Wednesday fan, just hates being proved wrong even when it’s for the benefit of the club  

With no offence to the young lads played by jos who all had their moments but playing baker over palmer, dawson over westwood and pelupessy over hutch is probably the worst judgement ive seen from a professional manager. If them three had played all season we'd be sat comfortably in the playoffs at the moment.

Edited by trask43

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

What do you mean?

Cant be bothered to debate with idiots 

• Haha 1

I've been consistent in that I've said for years that he isn't good enough to take us forward.

But I think he's kicked it up a gear or two in the last month or so.

He's 27. Never been a first choice, maybe something has clicked?

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

I've been consistent in that I've said for years that he isn't good enough to take us forward.

Player of the season 2014 ....... keep up 

2 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Don't mention the fact his contract is up in Summer...that's reserved for Nuhiu.

Regardless, tonight he's set the bar for performances and it's down to him to maintain it.

He has played well at times in past but since Bullen took over his performances have been good. he has continually raised the standard he has played to and is now looking a decent player unrecognisable from the one 12 months ago when he turned out with a spare tyre.. I think the penny must have finally dropped as he has always had the athleticism but is now getting into right areas and making intelligent runs. anyone watching performances will have noted significant improvement and if he keeps this going until end of season will be a player in demand.

The right back was a problem area for the team it is no longer and left back looks to be sorted as well.