Foul on Forestieri

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

In fairness, you score a goal in the 10th minutes of added time, I’d say we were the ones who got away with one.

On the tacke, it’s late, cynical and clumsy.  Definite yellow card, which the ref correctly gave.  But it’s never a sending off.

Thanks for your insight Mr.Wonder, but if I was you I’d stick to playing the keyboards and harmonica.

• Haha 2

In fairness, you score a goal in the 10th minutes of added time, I’d say we were the ones who got away with one.

On the tacke, it’s late, cynical and clumsy.  Definite yellow card, which the ref correctly gave.  But it’s never a sending off.

"Definite yellow card".

This is what p i s s e s me off. FFS please just have a quick read of the Laws of the Game (its Law 12 by the way) before venturing a wild incorrect and uninformed opinion eh?

To save you the trouble of reading it, I will summarise what Law 12 actually says (rather than just the ill informed s h i t e people come up with out of general ignorance)

SENDING OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting at someone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
  • entering the video operation room (VOR)

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Now - have another look at the video and tell me you think that was a yellow...

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

If you’ve only seen the blurred video I can understand why you might not see it like others. 

It’s like JFK looking like he fainted. You don’t seen his brains on the back seat. 

Yeah I’ve only seen the video.  So was the Rotherham player’s left leg on the pitch when he slid in?  Did studs connect with FF’s leg?

Although I am enjoying the Stevie Wonder and SpecSavers jokes that everyone has dished out, and being told that I’m talking sh*te.  Keep it coming everyone.

Just now, I'm an Essex Owl said:

"Definite yellow card".

This is what p i s s e s me off. FFS please just have a quick read of the Laws of the Game (its Law 12 by the way) before venturing a wild incorrect and uninformed opinion eh?

To save you the trouble of reading it, I will summarise what Law 12 actually says (rather than just the ill informed s h i t e people come up with out of general ignorance)

SENDING OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting at someone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
  • entering the video operation room (VOR)

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Now - have another look at the video and tell me you think that was a yellow...

Dont get wound up.  I genuinely can’t see how it’s wreckless but obviously most disagree.  Many I’m missing something.  But when I stated ‘definite yellow card’ earlier, I meant that it’s at least a yellow card for definite.  I just didn’t think it was a red on seeing the video.

Just now, The Captain said:

Yeah I’ve only seen the video.  So was the Rotherham player’s left leg on the pitch when he slid in?  Did studs connect with FF’s leg?

Although I am enjoying the Stevie Wonder and SpecSavers jokes that everyone has dished out, and being told that I’m talking sh*te.  Keep it coming everyone.

Dont get wound up.  I genuinely can’t see how it’s wreckless but obviously most disagree.  Many I’m missing something.  But when I stated ‘definite yellow card’ earlier, I meant that it’s at least a yellow card for definite.  I just didn’t think it was a red on seeing the video.

Its ok Captain - football opinions are like a r s e h o l e s - we've all got them. Its just opinions based on some semblance of knowledge are always that bit more persuasive. 

If you don't think that tackle used excessive force or endangered safety then its not Specsavers you need its a labrador and a white stick...:biggrin:

It's a potential career ender. In the radio commentary, Ronnie Moore was amazed he wasn't shown a straight red. On two fronts: a dangerous tackle and Fernando would have been clear through. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yellow for me. Clumsy and deserved booking.

Maybe a yellow in 1982. Thing is the game changed since then (as did the laws of the game).

If that tackle was not excessive force or endangering safety (which is actually the correct test for serious foul play and hence a red card - not clumsy or reckless as many seem to think) then its hard to think what is a red card...

13 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Its ok Captain - football opinions are like a r s e h o l e s - we've all got them. Its just opinions based on some semblance of knowledge are always that bit more persuasive. 

If you don't think that tackle used excessive force or endangered safety then its not Specsavers you need its a labrador and a white stick...:biggrin:

12 minutes ago, Cockers said:

It's a potential career ender. In the radio commentary, Ronnie Moore was amazed he wasn't shown a straight red. On two fronts: a dangerous tackle and Fernando would have been clear through. 

Tbf, Moore also said that the officials won’t have given it because FF wasn’t in a goal-scoring position.  The Rotherham player being the last-man doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an automatic red card.

If the defender is off the ground, then yes it should be a red card.  But on the video it looks like he slides in on the pitch.

Like I stated in the first place, it’s a bad tackle.  Anyone can see that.

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

Seriously?

Guest LittleG

Ok since everyone has ripped the p*ss out of me for having an opinion, I’ve just re-watched the clip another 10 times or so.

I can’t really tell from the clip whether the Rotherham player’s left leg is on the pitch when he slides in and I also don’t think that the studs connect with FF’s leg.  It looks like no studs connected thankfully because otherwise it could have been a nasty one.

Keep digging!

6 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Tbf, Moore also said that the officials won’t have given it because FF wasn’t in a goal-scoring position.  The Rotherham player being the last-man doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an automatic red card.

If the defender is off the ground, then yes it should be a red card.  But on the video it looks like he slides in on the pitch.

Like I stated in the first place, it’s a bad tackle.  Anyone can see that.

I don't want to keep banging on about this and no disrespect to Ronnie Moore but he is talking out of his a r s e there as usual 

I would agree it is highly debateable whether Nando  was in a goal scoring position but that is absolutely nothing to do with whether its a red card or not. FFS its a red card for serious foul play. Doesn't matter where they are on the pitch 

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, The Captain said:

Yeah.  I should probably just leave this thread tbh lol 

I’m kinda bored of getting grilled about this.

You've put up a good fight, go and have a good drink. 

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

I presume you have never seen a football match before...... you probably think ffs dangerous excessive  celebration was more of a red card

1 minute ago, wakefieldowl said:

I presume you have never seen a football match before...... you probably think ffs dangerous excessive  celebration was more of a red card

No a yellow for a celebration is a total joke IMO.

Ok I’m officially flouncing out of this thread now.  I have already backtracked quite a bit.  I didn’t realise the defender was off the ground on first watching the video.

• Like 2