Fletcher & Joao

Fletcher rightly deserves the plaudits as man of the match but the game changed as soon as Joao came on. Made such a difference to have an attacker offering skill and unpredictability. 

Have to say that Nuhiu played well when he came on as well, held the ball up well and even skinned a few defenders. 

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

4 4 2 the formation  of the future

You heard it here first 

Its almost a 4 4 1 1 with Joao just behind Fletcher 

What Joao has in that position is the ability to take the ball, keep the ball and either run at them or pass and move. With a finishing ability with both feet.

He also adds aerial presence 

This far outweighs what Reach does there. 

Reach played better for the 35 minutes out wide than he’s done for months playing behind the front man. 

If we can iron out Joao’s sloppiness at times and ensure he keeps focused and works hard we will be much more of a threat as a team. (Obviously that seems easier said than done!!)

44 minutes ago, torres said:

The best pairing we have in my opinion 

Reach looked better out wide and we are much more of an all round threat. 

Hopefully they’ll get a run of games together 

A front 2 is the important thing for me, immediately better when Joao came on

• Like 1

Joao offers more than Matias...I know Matias works harder tracking back, he did today, but was hardly a threat going forward..and it was Wigan FFS!...no disrespect, but they are  hardly pace  setters

Joao can be frustrating, but he has a killer pass in him, and a goal threat....Wigan were on the back foot as soon as he came on...

So surely the "Subs" should be the other way around

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, torres said:

The best pairing we have in my opinion 

Reach looked better out wide and we are much more of an all round threat. 

Hopefully they’ll get a run of games together 

yes hopefully now that we have a competent management team.

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I couldnt possibly comment.

I'm one of those armchair stay away supporters of over 60 years who can't be bothered to do the 350 mile round journey from Suffolk at 70 years old. 

You may be right though.

Weird post 

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Joao offers more than Matias...I know Matias works harder tracking back, he did today, but was hardly a threat going forward..and it was Wigan FFS!...no disrespect, but they are  hardly pace  setters

Joao can be frustrating, but he has a killer pass in him, and a goal threat....Wigan were on the back foot as soon as he came on...

So surely the "Subs" should be the other way around

Matias just doesn’t have enough to start games for me. Works hard, but far too lightweight and has very little end product to anything he does 

Last 10 minutes to give a little bit of energy and pace but that’s about it I’m afraid 

10 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

A front 2 is the important thing for me, immediately better when Joao came on

Made an immediate difference for the goal with Joao pulling the CB away from Fletcher to create the space for him. If we hadn't changed formation he'd have been easily closed down. 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Matias just doesn’t have enough to start games for me. Works hard, but far too lightweight and has very little end product to anything he does 

Last 10 minutes to give a little bit of energy and pace but that’s about it I’m afraid 

So more or less what I said then lol