Fletcher & Joao

16 minutes ago, torres said:

Its almost a 4 4 1 1 with Joao just behind Fletcher 

What Joao has in that position is the ability to take the ball, keep the ball and either run at them or pass and move. With a finishing ability with both feet.

He also adds aerial presence 

This far outweighs what Reach does there. 

Reach played better for the 35 minutes out wide than he’s done for months playing behind the front man. 

If we can iron out Joao’s sloppiness at times and ensure he keeps focused and works hard we will be much more of a threat as a team. (Obviously that seems easier said than done!!)

Yep accept that was more the formation, just happy that we played 2 strikers closer together and indeed Reach on the wing is his most dangerous position for me

29 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I have always liked João as a sub.

Doesn't seem to be as effective when starting.

FF & Joao can both play the role well. Both can have huge impacts from the bench. 

With their fitness records I can’t see them both being fit at the same time too often 

Throw winnall and Nuhiu into the mix and we have lots of options (as we were all well aware) Which makes the purchase of a certain £10m player more sickening by the day 

22 minutes ago, torres said:

FF & Joao can both play the role well. Both can have huge impacts from the bench. 

With their fitness records I can’t see them both being fit at the same time too often 

Throw winnall and Nuhiu into the mix and we have lots of options (as we were all well aware) Which makes the purchase of a certain £10m player more sickening by the day 

Never understood his purchase.

We had an embarrassment of riches up front and were needing reinforcement at the back.

Why we bought a striker is still beyond me.

Anyway it's done, looks like Norwich will take him come the end of the season for around £4m.

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

I couldnt possibly comment.

I'm one of those armchair stay away supporters of over 60 years who can't be bothered to do the 350 mile round journey from Suffolk at 70 years old. 

You may be right though.

I think you just did

• Like 1