George Boyd.

It is pretty obvious watching Boyd get round the pitch today that he is at his fittest since he signed.

His game is all about running and in past appearances he was always off the pace.

He has always been a great pro at his other clubs and I don’t think his improvement today is anything sinister at all. 

Just finally fit and a coach who has faith in him.

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

He was fantastic, great energy, good link up play, good passing and reading of the game, not the quickest but much faster than he's looked previously. Like having a new signing.

Summed up in one moment just before he came off when he sprinted 50 odd yards back - never got near ball or player but it was enough to put pressure on the defender who misplaced his pass into touch

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

Everyone forgetting how dire Boyd was EVERY time he played last year?

He had a fantastic game today but let's not get too touchy.

He was never played in his position

Never thought I’d see a thread praising Boyd, let alone in a Wednesday shirt again 

Been a critic but he’s stepped up last few games. Westwood, Hutch, Boyd - on earth was Jos doing? Must have been more than football as no one can be that stupid 

Guess you need players like Boyd in this league - someone who gets up and down and has a footballing brain 

Another player I was very happy with today.

Mainly when I’ve seen him for us he’s looked a yard off the pace, held on to the ball to long and didn’t seem to do the basics right. Granted he was not played in the right position and was coming back from injury.

Was great today. Hopefully we can continue to get this level of performance.

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Another player I was very happy with today.

Mainly when I’ve seen him for us he’s looked a yard off the pace, held on to the ball to long and didn’t seem to do the basics right. Granted he was not played in the right position and was coming back from injury.

Was great today. Hopefully we can continue to get this level of performance.

Would be nice , he was excellent today a big plus and a tad surprised thought he was frozen out for good .  

15 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Even when played out of position a player of Boyd's pedigree should still be able to run without looking like they are wearing lead boots and pass the ball 10 yards.

Something he has failed to do in the last 18 months.

Theres really no excuse.

So are you suggesting he played games for us where he deliberately didn’t try

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So are you suggesting he played games for us where he deliberately didn’t try

No I'm saying you could have played him at centre-back, up front or even in his 'natural' position - it wouldn't have mattered because he has been dogger since he arrived and history will dictate what a terrible signing he has been.

This is more about Jos than it is about Boyd. One more twist of the knife.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Based on that performecne, Jos Luhukay needs reporting to the police and arrested for crimes against football.

Why the f*@@K has he not been involved?!!

He was excellent today.

I’ve been critical of Boyd but I agree he was very good today, possibly our best player.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

No I'm saying you could have played him at centre-back, up front or even in his 'natural' position - it wouldn't have mattered because he has been dogger since he arrived and history will dictate what a terrible signing he has been.

This is more about Jos than it is about Boyd. One more twist of the knife.

Well I thought he played well today and will do a great job for us now he is fit.

Just the kind of experienced, reliable pro Bruce likes

Think back to CC and Boyd openly spoke about the lack of fitness at the club to what he was used to. This did not help his game which is mostly about running hard work and commitment. Under Jos we thought things would improve but they got worse by playing crazy formations and square pegs in round holes. This is the first time he looks more like the Burnley player we all knew. He's fit, hungry for it and being played in a position where he should have been all the time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Based on that performecne, Jos Luhukay needs reporting to the police and arrested for crimes against football.

Why the f*@@K has he not been involved?!!

He was excellent today.

I said the same in the OMDT earlier. He was excellent all afternoon. . Tracked back , never stopped running , won tackles . Fantastic performance.