Jos still nowhere near our worst manager

Guest Hillsborough Mole

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I am ITK

Meggo has turned  down the offer to become Wednesays manager once again .

Another Football League club has seen his success with teams , and are even prepared to relocate to be nearer to HIM

They are Rubber stamping the deal as we speak and the woodland area of Grenoside will be the new home 

Of "Forest GrHEen Ginger Rovers"

garymegson

Of all the 'ITK' posts we've had over the past few days it screams volumes when this post isn't the most ridiculous one we've had. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I am ITK

Another Football League club has seen his success with teams , and are even prepared to relocate to be nearer to HIM

They are Rubber stamping the deal as we speak and the woodland area of Grenoside will be the new home 

garymegson

It's true I've seen their new club mascot.

71+O6uUirOL._SX425_.jpg

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I am ITK

garymegson

garymegson

Chicken tikka jalfrezi tonight

Ginger and green chillies nice and hot

HIMalayan dish

garymegson

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Wow - this puts Jos in our top 10 managers of the last 50 years now

image.png.6759b599f61a2c785910607424bf2920.png

It would help if you got the losses and draws the right way around. No way we have only lost 12 under this guy. We have lost 16 of the 41 league games he has taken charge of, winning 13 and drawing 12. 

51 points from 41 league games! Just about safe over the course of a full season thanks largely to last seasons good finish. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

...in the last 50 years

45 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I suppose Walker, Catterick and Buckingham don't feature because ?

I'm gonna let you work that one out for yourself...

Guest Hillsborough Mole
21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It would help if you got the losses and draws the right way around. No way we have only lost 12 under this guy. We have lost 16 of the 41 league games he has taken charge of, winning 13 and drawing 12. 

51 points from 41 league games! Just about safe over the course of a full season thanks largely to last seasons good finish. 

Luckily I chose to unhide your post and saw this. Which has allowed me to produce v3

image.png.47b8cdab6e8b2e7bcc0b1681ebe4353a.png

2 more losses and he slots in between Dooley and Yorath.

And hopefully there will be another comparison with Dooley to follow that

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Luckily I chose to unhide your post and saw this. Which has allowed me to produce v3

image.png.47b8cdab6e8b2e7bcc0b1681ebe4353a.png

2 more losses and he slots in between Dooley and Yorath.

And hopefully there will be another comparison with Dooley to follow that

No need to hide my posts just because I have had disagreements with you surely! WTF: Bit sensitive that, not as if it has ever got abusive or personal. 

Happy to admit I gave this guy too much of a chance and you were right from the start! :luhukay: Think it would be harsh to sack him on Christmas Eve..........hope it happens sooner.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No need to hide my posts just because I have had disagreements with you surely! WTF: Bit sensitive that, not as if it has ever got abusive or personal. 

Happy to admit I gave this guy too much of a chance and you were right from the start! :luhukay: Think it would be harsh to sack him on Christmas Eve..........hope it happens sooner.

You're the only person Ive ever hidden - just got a bit tiresome months and months ago - can't even remember exactly why I just think it was down to sheer number of disagreeing with every single thing

I really didnt want to be right about Jos. Theres even a large part of me now that wishes he'd go on a winning streak, save his job and move us up and out of danger. That side of me surfaces more and more after a lot of drinks.

5 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You're the only person Ive ever hidden - just got a bit tiresome months and months ago - can't even remember exactly why I just think it was down to sheer number of disagreeing with every single thing

I really didnt want to be right about Jos. Theres even a large part of me now that wishes he'd go on a winning streak, save his job and move us up and out of danger. That side of me surfaces more and more after a lot of drinks.

Not sure whether to celebrate wearing you down to that point lolor be embarrassed by it - it was never my intention!

Think many of us would be happy with that but game by game the reality becomes clearer that it isn't likely to happen. 

Your stats include cup games, take away the wins against Carlisle, Sunderland and Reading reserves and Jos's record makes even worse reading. 

Edited by Guest

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Yeah I couldnt go back 50 years (clue there for you Nev) and get the stats just for league for the other managers

Can you stop replying now as I have to keep clicking Unhide post

There you go...

Vic Buckingham 1961 1964 0 n/a 63 24 47 134 47.01
Harry Catterick 1958 1961 1 138.00 77 31 30 138 55.80
Eric Taylor 1942 1958 3 179.67 196 128 215 539 36.36
Jimmy McMullan 1937 1942 0 n/a 33 23 21 77 42.86
Billy Walker 1933 1937 2 93.50 66 53 68 187 35.29
Robert Brown 1920 1933 3 200.00 266 135 199 600 44.33
Arthur Dickinson 1891 1920 5 183.80 393 188 338 919 42.76
Edited by Neal M

18 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We've had some right shiite.

That list really puts things in perspective. Nobody of any real quality wants to move to Sheffield.

We certainly have and we’ve also had either a non progressive board/Chairman or a Chairman who has totally mismanaged.

Unfortunately, Stratford lacked the cash and for MM, it was a business venture that paid off...although he worked miracles and got us believing.

Everytime we’ve got close we’ve gone rapidly downhill. 

From the height of the 60’s to the Shyte of the 70’s.

90’s potential glory to 3rd tier dirge in the 2000’s.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

We certainly have and we’ve also had either a non progressive board/Chairman or a Chairman who has totally mismanaged.

Unfortunately, Stratford lacked the cash and for MM, it was a business venture that paid off...although he worked miracles and got us believing.

Everytime we’ve got close we’ve gone rapidly downhill. 

From the height of the 60’s to the Shyte of the 70’s.

90’s potential glory to 3rd tier dirge in the 2000’s.

Indeed.

Not many clubs have been as unfortunate.

I really thought we'd struck gold with DC.

Just shows you can't trust anybody these days. 

• Like 1