Hillsborough & Frustration

3 minutes ago, marconi said:

Bright advertising boards, just see a load of sillouetts running around when play is at the Lep.

How about using the scoreboard for adverts instead of the evacuation drill?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

God!..That white one at the Lepp..when you are on the Kop..Bloody blinding....

Same from the Grandstand looking across to the North, a few times I couldn't see a Derby player near the touchline on that side and thought they had passed the ball out of play only to see them scampering down the wing as the boards changed colour! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Chris Morris. Had a good career after leaving us as you say. That was about 30 years ago though and pretty sure most clubs in the land could point to a few players who didn't get a fair crack of the whip with their team and got stick from the fans before going on to do well elsewhere in the past 3 decades! 

No doubt...But his career at Wednesday was ruined because of it...I care f.ook all about how he did afterwards

49 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

On a bad day.... 

Teams fustrating us with their spot on tactics and bending of the rules. 

Refs frustrate the fans by generally being poo and also acting like they aren’t going to be influenced by the home fans... leading to us not getting many decisions. 

Fans get annoyed and vent. 

The tide turns and becomes a negative atmosphere. 

The game fizzles out after about 75 minutes with us huffing and puffing, getting some half chances that aren’t converted, and ultimately being defeated.  

It’s a planned outcome by the opposition (with a crap ref thrown in). Can you blame them? No. 

Example: Villa at home last season(?). Snodgrass and the ref winding us all up, lost our focus and lost the game - ultimately frustrating. 

What can we do about it?  

That is football, we do the same when we play away. Good teams can break it down. Bad ones complain. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

No doubt...But his career at Wednesday was ruined because of it...I care f.ook all about how he did afterwards

Agreed, but it was 30 years ago and the poster that this was in response to was making the point that Hillsborough is notoriously a toxic place to play. Not sure it is significantly worse than many other grounds in that respect.

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm fookin' frustrated as soon as I walk in...Bloody stewards askin' me to take the top of me bottle of water...I just bought for £2 f.ookin' 20p behind the Kop...cos I might throw it...!!

At who FFS!???..From the kop..to the West...a plastic bottle top!....

I says..."if I take the top off..I can't save it to drink through the game can i....I might kick it over when we score"....I realised this was a poor explanation...So I said...."even if we don't score I might inadvertantly...

Anyroad upwards another steward said..."He doesn't have to...Its water"

I mean...Do Coke plastic bottle tops cause more deaths than water plastic bottle tops...?..I was askin' these questions as me lad said "FFS Dad"...like kids do when their parents are embarrassing them...So I left it...

But...

Some tw *t can cart a f.ookin' TUBA up the Kop steps..I walk in with a PLASTIC bottle top and its f.ookin' "zero dark thirty"?

No flags...Fire ...How many flaming f.ookin' pennants have you ever seen at Hillsborough?

The whole shambles is set up to cause frustration....I'm surprised half of us get through "Hi Ho" without booing

Serious question. Just what is the official reason for disposing of the top of a bottle of liquid?  People have pound coins in their pocket, keys, pens, walking sticks, lighters, them vaping things so it can't be that they could be used as a missile. 

3 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Serious question. Just what is the official reason for disposing of the top of a bottle of liquid?  People have pound coins in their pocket, keys, pens, walking sticks, lighters, them vaping things so it can't be that they could be used as a missile. 

I honestly don't know mate..Me lad was too embarrassed for the conversation to take its course...

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday fans make the most abnormal sounds ive ever come across..obviously me view is slanted cos I sit at Hillsborough...

But the bloke behind you can make the most insensible noise like..

"Fckmerigidfnarghshitwasp"

and you know EXACTLY what he means...Its a different language!

There has got to be a new chant of Fckmerigidfnarghshitwasp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

On a bad day.... 

Teams fustrating us with their spot on tactics and bending of the rules. 

Refs frustrate the fans by generally being poo and also acting like they aren’t going to be influenced by the home fans... leading to us not getting many decisions. 

Fans get annoyed and vent. 

The tide turns and becomes a negative atmosphere. 

The game fizzles out after about 75 minutes with us huffing and puffing, getting some half chances that aren’t converted, and ultimately being defeated.  

It’s a planned outcome by the opposition (with a crap ref thrown in). Can you blame them? No. 

Example: Villa at home last season(?). Snodgrass and the ref winding us all up, lost our focus and lost the game - ultimately frustrating. 

What can we do about it?  

Give the ref absolute pelters before the first whistle even blows? Get him on the back foot from the off. Intimidate the sod when he arrives in the car park. Of course, it might mean me having to get off my feet and put my Werthers away. But ill have to take one for the team I suppose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At 1-1 huge roar from the Kop to try and get the players going again. 

The players response it to sit 5 yards deeper and panic. We concede again 5 minutes later.

How people even blame the fans for the crap displays on the pitch is beyond me. Start on the front foot, attack, don’t let the heads drop and go for it- the atmosphere won’t be negative. Same applies for every club up and down the country.

On the whole I thought the atmosphere was as good as it can be yesterday, apart from booing Fox. We haven’t won in yonks and our defence  attack continues to let us down. What do people want fans to do on a cold November afternoon? Start a conga down the North Stand? 

There, that's better.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Load of absolute nonsense. I hate comments like this.

Was it poisonous when 30,000 fans were bouncing up and down with lights in the air in a Play Off Semi Final? It’s up to the PLAYERS to get the team going. Past couple of years we’ve been turd with negative, slow, dull performances. 

Do something to get the fans going and there’s no better atmosphere to play in. 

Perhaps we are a bit impatient at the moment. That’s only because the chairman set a ridiculous target, failed and now expects fans to pay top prices for a side 3 points off the bottom. But yeah let’s blame the fans who have been fed a steaming pile of turd for the vast majority of 20 years. Except the difference now we are paying more for that turd.

all the fans fault. FFS. Get a grip. 

Well said that man. The chairman’s deflection strategy working a treat. Fans fault we’re crap. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Yep.

That seems to be part of it.

Our own inadequacies as a team. 

But I still don’t think we help ourselves, (me included) when we ‘lose it’ in the stands - it’s easier said than done, I get that.  

By now we know what teams come to Hillsborough to do - frustrate us and turn the crowd negative - we need a way to rise above it. 

But that's what happens at all grounds by the away team; it doesn't just happen at Hillsborough. I'm pretty sure most teams away from home try to frustrate the home  team and quiten the home crowd. We are no exception.

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hillsborough is a poisonous place to play your football, it's no couincidence that we ruin so many players.

Absolute rubbish, one of the most stupidest posts that's ever been posted on this Forum.

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

We didn't really ruin his career cos he was a very average player. He might have gone on to have had a good career with Celtic, but even I could have done that. Foooooking hell 

Guest The Horse
2 hours ago, LittleG said:

But that's what happens at all grounds by the away team; it doesn't just happen at Hillsborough. I'm pretty sure most teams away from home try to frustrate the home  team and quiten the home crowd. We are no exception.

Indeed.

Derailing the thread a bit here but I remember back in the 80's and into the 90's even, you would hear the crowd singing way before kick off and was pretty constant throughout. Even for 'boring' games.

So I wonder what it is with home crowds these days?

It's not like home fans can't drink.

Pricing?

Football too serious these days?

It's not just us as you said. It's most home support that is quite subdued for the most part in the modern era.

Can't fathom out why.

8 hours ago, Geosword said:

Indeed.

Derailing the thread a bit here but I remember back in the 80's and into the 90's even, you would hear the crowd singing way before kick off and was pretty constant throughout. Even for 'boring' games.

So I wonder what it is with home crowds these days?

It's not like home fans can't drink.

Pricing?

Football too serious these days?

It's not just us as you said. It's most home support that is quite subdued for the most part in the modern era.

Can't fathom out why.

Seating has caused massive problems. Add to that the crazy pricing and the average working man is being driven away.

14 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I think it's because a full bottle of liquid with the lid on is quite a hefty missile.

2 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

You are searched going in

I've never consider being searched to be an issue. If I have got the our littlest lass with us I'll always have a bag, and this is searched at our ground, other grounds and I watch some rugby league and they search it too. Come to think of it, I was searched when we went to the Edinburgh tattoo back in August. Never once has it put a damper on any event or match for me. Do I consider it an effective means of security or necessary? In fairness, I'm so unfussed by it I have never been arsed to put that much thought into it.

However, I tend to be on the South stand or the Kop, are they a bit more rigourous on the North?

That+would+never+happen+_01816988d4f9aef52a8295a0d4b7da8b.jpg