Hillsborough & Frustration

On a bad day.... 

Teams fustrating us with their spot on tactics and bending of the rules. 

Refs frustrate the fans by generally being poo and also acting like they aren’t going to be influenced by the home fans... leading to us not getting many decisions. 

Fans get annoyed and vent. 

The tide turns and becomes a negative atmosphere. 

The game fizzles out after about 75 minutes with us huffing and puffing, getting some half chances that aren’t converted, and ultimately being defeated.  

It’s a planned outcome by the opposition (with a crap ref thrown in). Can you blame them? No. 

Example: Villa at home last season(?). Snodgrass and the ref winding us all up, lost our focus and lost the game - ultimately frustrating. 

What can we do about it?  

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Have a decent team and manager. 

In carlos’s first season we won at home almost every other week. 

Yep.

That seems to be part of it.

Our own inadequacies as a team. 

But I still don’t think we help ourselves, (me included) when we ‘lose it’ in the stands - it’s easier said than done, I get that.  

By now we know what teams come to Hillsborough to do - frustrate us and turn the crowd negative - we need a way to rise above it. 

Edited by Kopparberg

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Yep.

But I still don’t think we help ourselves, (me included) when we ‘lose it’ in the stands - it’s easier said than done, I get that.  

By now we know what teams come to Hillsborough to do - frustrate us and turn the crowd negative - we need a way to rise above it. 

Not sure that is the case any more for most teams - they come to Hillsborough knowing that if they have any sort of attacking spell they are likely to score, no need to frustrate us as the nervousness and negativity this season comes from the justified belief that we have no hope of keeping teams at bay. I doubt many thought that 1-0 would be enough when we took the lead yesterday.

At 1-1 huge roar from the Kop to try and get the players going again. 

The players response it to sit 5 yards deeper and panic. We concede again 5 minutes later.

How people even blame the fans for the crap displays on the pitch is beyond me. Start on the front foot, attack, don’t let the heads drop and go for it- the atmosphere won’t be negative. Same applies for every club up and down the country.

On the whole I thought the atmosphere was as good as it can be yesterday, apart from booing Fox. We haven’t won in yonks and our defence continues to let us down. What do people want fans to do on a cold November afternoon? Start a conga down the North Stand? 

• Thanks 1

assume this is the same for any team  but if our lads get at it from the first whistle a good firm tackle  closing down and a blistering shot  always gets the crowd on the front foot 

all we ever want is visible effort and desire to win then  the hillsborough crowd becomes megson's 12 man

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Yep.

But I still don’t think we help ourselves, (me included) when we ‘lose it’ in the stands - it’s harder to achieve that to do, I get that. 

I'm fookin' frustrated as soon as I walk in...Bloody stewards askin' me to take the top of me bottle of water...I just bought for £2 f.ookin' 20p behind the Kop...cos I might throw it...!!

At who FFS!???..From the kop..to the West...a plastic bottle top!....

I says..."if I take the top off..I can't save it to drink through the game can i....I might kick it over when we score"....I realised this was a poor explanation...So I said...."even if we don't score I might inadvertantly...

Anyroad upwards another steward said..."He doesn't have to...Its water"

I mean...Do Coke plastic bottle tops cause more deaths than water plastic bottle tops...?..I was askin' these questions as me lad said "FFS Dad"...like kids do when their parents are embarrassing them...So I left it...

But...

Some tw *t can cart a f.ookin' TUBA up the Kop steps..I walk in with a PLASTIC bottle top and its f.ookin' "zero dark thirty"?

No flags...Fire ...How many flaming f.ookin' pennants have you ever seen at Hillsborough?

The whole shambles is set up to cause frustration....I'm surprised half of us get through "Hi Ho" without booing

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hillsborough is a poisonous place to play your football, it's no couincidence that we ruin so many players.

Who has been ruined as a direct result of the Hillsborough crowd? 

OH..and while I'm on..That sodding "trivia quiz they set on the big telly the gaffer bought us

"Which Jamaican footballer did we sign in September 2017...2017 mind...who played for...(A few clubs I forget which)"

answer

Josh Onomah!!!!

He only joined the other month...They don't even know what f.ookin' year it is!!..That bodes well for FFP eh?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who has been ruined as a direct result of the Hillsborough crowd? 

I can think of one...can't remember his name...left back mighta been right back..went on to play for Celtic and Ireland..Fans gave him some reight grief..

He was about 5ft 4..we stuck him at centre half for a few games...bloody ludicrous

Edited by asteener1867

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hillsborough is a poisonous place to play your football, it's no couincidence that we ruin so many players.

Load of absolute nonsense. I hate comments like this.

Was it poisonous when 30,000 fans were bouncing up and down with lights in the air in a Play Off Semi Final? It’s up to the PLAYERS to get the team going. Past couple of years we’ve been turd with negative, slow, dull performances. 

Do something to get the fans going and there’s no better atmosphere to play in. 

Perhaps we are a bit impatient at the moment. That’s only because the chairman set a ridiculous target, failed and now expects fans to pay top prices for a side 3 points off the bottom. But yeah let’s blame the fans who have been fed a steaming pile of turd for the vast majority of 20 years. Except the difference now we are paying more for that turd.

all the fans fault. FFS. Get a grip. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Load of absolute nonsense. I hate comments like this.

Was it poisonous when 30,000 fans were bouncing up and down with lights in the air in a Play Off Semi Final? It’s up to the PLAYERS to get the team going. Past couple of years we’ve been turd with negative, slow, dull performances. 

Do something to get the fans going and there’s no better atmosphere to play in. 

Perhaps we are are a bit impatient at the moment. That’s only because the chairman set a ridiculous target, failed and now expects fans to pay top prices for a side 3 points off the bottom. But yeah let’s blame the fans who have been fed a steaming pile of turd for the vast majority of 20 years. Except the difference now we are paying more for that turd.

But yeah all the fans fault. FFS. Get a grip. 

yep

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday fans make the most abnormal sounds ive ever come across..obviously me view is slanted cos I sit at Hillsborough...

But the bloke behind you can make the most insensible noise like..

"Fckmerigidfnarghshitwasp"

and you know EXACTLY what he means...Its a different language!

Was he Talking TURKEY by any chance ? :tango:

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I can think of one...can't remember his name...left back mighta been right back..went on to play for Celtic and Ireland..Fans gave him some reight grief..

He was about 5ft 4..we stuck him at centre half for a few games...bloody ludicrous

Chris Morris. Had a good career after leaving us as you say. That was about 30 years ago though and pretty sure most clubs in the land could point to a few players who didn't get a fair crack of the whip with their team and got stick from the fans before going on to do well elsewhere in the past 3 decades!