Proud

That was awful to watch, but let's be honest we've all been expecting a thrashing all week. Why are you surprised when we shut up shop, first clean sheet of the season, and against a team that is in the top 6. Our confidence is on the floor as you could see tonight, just so happy for Dawson, all you idiots who were singing Westwood's name should be ashamed. His handling tonight was superb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

That was awful to watch, but let's be honest we've all been expecting a thrashing all week. Why are you surprised when we shut up shop, first clean sheet of the season, and against a team that is in the top 6. Our confidence is on the floor as you could see tonight, just so happy for Dawson, all you idiots who were singing Westwood's name should be ashamed. His handling tonight was superb.

Not all of us were expecting a thrashing fella,there were those that believe(d) that derbies in regards to form etc has little bearing on the actual result.

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yeah honestly I felt *really* low during the chants for Westwood, knew it wasn't about Cam but I just despaired at how a big chunk of the fanbase could be so shortsighted with regards to a genuine Wednesdayite and young adacemy product who was ACTUALLY ON THE PITCH at the time. Again, I knew the intent wasn't a dig at CD, but it still felt like an absolute nadir of thoughtlessness to me, and I don't often think that of our lot. Worst feeling I've had at S6 for ages. Literally cringed in my seat.

For what it's worth, i think Cam is a tough bloody cookie and I'm sure it didn't get to him. Even if it did, talk about a rejoinder tonight. Couldn't script that any better. And what a save it really was.

He's a cracking young 'keeper and I hate sounding preachy, but a few of our number - bear in mind I'm the biggest Westwood fan, so I kiiiiiind of get it, but still - a few of our number need to back him to the hilt right now instead of gobbing off about our hot ex. It's not going to happen and honestly we've moved on to something else really good. Let it go, or you'll never see the prize right under your nose, etc.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

Wasn’t at Hillsborough last week so can’t comment with surety on the chanting for Westwood.

However I want to see all of our ‘best and experienced’ players utilised in our current plight. No way would I have joined in with a chant that belittles one of our current players - and I’m delighted that Dawson had a solid game and saved a penalty last night to respond to a situation where he must have been negatively affected.

it still doesn’t change things regarding this manager and the regime at the club in general. Some of the comments made by pundits and commentators last night are very worrying and simply adds fuel to the bonfire that is a mess of a club at the moment.

10 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

We looked a lot better defensively for playing with more discipline and Dawson in particular but also Baker and Fox looked a lot better for it. Proud of them all tonight, their hard work and graft for each other deserved a point!

You are easily pleased. They carved us like a knife through butter. Our full backs are dire - compare them to Utd's who put no end of decent balls in. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Individual grit was admirable and Dawson showed maturity beyond his years with a great performance. But I wouldn't say I am proud right now, we have fallen off a cliff in the last few years. If anything I feel sorry for the lad to be honest. 

United created so many clear cut chances due to their brilliant wing back overloads that sky felt compelled to include a) Hector hitting a clearance against Lees, and b) Dawson catching a cross in the highlights package.  

Peppa Mardiola moaned in his RS interview that he could easily put on a defensive training session for a bank of 5 & 4 or 5 & 3 system.  Pity for him he didn’t put on a training session how to get through such defensive systems.  

12 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

They said it was a good save.

dont get this Sky bashing tonight.  Bit paranoid. 

before game they did give us a reyt pasting, verbally, and although probably echoed a lot of fans thinking i cant remember ever hearing a team being talked about like they were, almost vitriolic at times in the way things were said

can understand it from michael brown who dropped out he understood that westwood was 2 games away from another contract

crock inchcliffe said we are deffo in rlegation battle and its only November - maybe we've upset him but we lined his pocket for a couple of years and he better than anybody ought to acknowledge injuries!

Keith Andrew who I have thought before quite rational talked about some obscure stat about chances to shots ratio or summat that indicated when we were 6th it was a false  position and indicator that we would drop down table