Ian Holloway

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

A village idiot who got Blackpool (yes, crap Blackpool), promoted to the Premiership playing attractive, attacking football. And had to contend throughout with working to Oyston too (no mean feat that). Read up on the Oyston history.

Then became crap as SiJ pointed out earlier, by becoming manager of Crystal Palace, playing attractive, attacking, football again and getting Palace promoted to the Premiership. So, two unfancied teams promoted to the Premiership then, on low budgets.

My type of village idiot. Has charisma, entertains, knows his football, good man manager, gets his teams playing for him, plays attacking, entertaining football.

Also loves Wednesday and us, the fans. Never stops going on about Wednesday’s fantastic support. Used to live just down the road.

Yeah, ok, I forgot about Palace.

He also resigned from the Palace job because he couldn't hack it in the Prem.

His spell in charge at Millwall and QPR were pretty poor. 

To surmise: take your patronising remarks and shove them. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, ok, I forgot about Palace.

He also resigned from the Palace job because he couldn't hack it in the Prem.

His spell in charge at Millwall and QPR were pretty poor. 

To surmise: take your patronising remarks and shove them. 

Chill

It's all about opinions.

I'm not sure about him, he definitely has achievement on his CV and comes across well on TV, he would be a good ambassador for the club, but it's all uphill for us for the next 12 months FFP etc etc.

Would he be up for such a difficult job? Dunno.

20 minutes ago, GrowlerInAThermos said:

Ian Holloway!

Mick McCarthy!

Gary Megson!

All a fast track to nowhere.

Big club like us won't get Bruce or Moyes coz we've already spunked all our wonga.

Got to think outside the box. Should have got Potter. He'll take the Swans up.

Very clever what you did there .

You did mean it didn't you?

I8377868318731303393490000I-0-1.jpg.gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Oli (my mate calls him Hollowhead, which is quite good tbf) was brilliant at Blackpool but has been pretty crap at everyone since.

He's an Owl and he was excellent at Blackpool. Some of the best football I've seen since the days of Keegan at Newcastle and Big Ron and Tricky Trev at Wednesday.

Another slant on this is that when he was at Blackpool he had the Scottish midfield play maker Charlie Adams running his midfield. I wonder who could possibly fill that role at Wednesday?

Although I am a member of TCOM (The Cult of Megson) I expect that not all Wednesday fans appreciate HIS laser sharp focus on WINNING being the be all and end all. In fact after the last twenty years I'm now of the opinion WINNING is optional, it's all about the quality of the football and the quality of the meltdown when things go wrong.

I think we'll enjoy winning drawing and even losing under Ian Holloway as each result will be a combination of seven goals randomly distributed at either end of the field, which will be more exciting than clean sheets every week under Megson. I even think given time Holloway can take us up in style, with Bannan running his midfield.

FAO Mr C: There is now a short list of two:

Megson

Holloway

And your choice is dependent on whether you prefer 1-0 or 4-3 as the average score line.

Being a Wednesdayite I'm used to key stone Kop defending so I'm comfortable with Ian Holloway as manager, because we will score one more than YOU.

He's definitely not got a Hollowhead. He's Wednesday isn't He?

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Holloway is a Wednesday fan?

Is he?

Pretty sure he's a Bristol Rovers fan. 

No mate, some one show him the picture of his tattoo. 

He's Wednesday

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s hardly a roll the sleeves up at times of hardship type manager. He plays quite an open expansive style which is good if you have the personnel to do it, but I’m not sure that’s what we need in the current situation 

We've got Bannan, Barry Bannan I just don't think you understand....

Holloway will finally make Bannan better than Zidane. He won't have time to pass the ball for the centre backs any more as there will always be seven runners in front of him.

36 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He goes to every game home n away with Jonny Greenwood 

:tango:

OK the source of my belief in Holloway being a Wednesdayite maybe Owlstalk

:picnic:

I'm sure I've heard Holloway talking about his love of Wednesday on the telly though.

• Haha 1