Ian Holloway

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Think Jos may mutually jack at 10pm on Friday...depending on result.

Interview time...Think I'll apply, any fooooker can get the job, I'll just pretend to be a French coach, talk with a allo allo accent, pretend to know stuff...start Monday

Don’t forget to wear a beret and carry a baguette under your arm too.

Mr C will love that if Holloway plays hard to get.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think Jos may mutually jack at 10pm on Friday...depending on result.

Interview time...Think I'll apply, any fooooker can get the job, I'll just pretend to be a French coach, talk with a allo allo accent, pretend to know stuff...start Monday

good moaning   lol 

• Haha 3

Well weve had a portugese,then went dutch,my moneys on either a french or spanish coach this time around,moderately successfull in the lower leagues of his respective country or other EU country about 4 years ago.

Should have hired Karanka when he was free,that boats sadly sailed now...............

I'll say one thing for Holloway he'd walk to Sheffield for the gig. Even with no money to spend. Which would be just as well...

When Gray left I ran a fan poll  on here for the next manager based on the bookies top 20.

I've done some rooting about and dug out the results.

At that time his stock was very high among Owls fans...

gallery_28113_246_795.jpg.7909343a30c740b04b88f236ce936952.jpg

• Like 1

Excuse me, but isn’t this discussion, and any like it, deluded? On the off chance that our club paterfamilias sees any problem with the current on field management, is he not likely to replace Jos with an Uzbekistani manager who last worked 3 years ago in the Finnish second tier as a technical director?  (No offense to any Uzbekistani or Finn or technical director intended.)

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll say one thing for Holloway he'd walk to Sheffield for the gig. Even with no money to spend. Which would be just as well...

When Gray left I ran a fan poll  on here for the next manager based on the bookies top 20.

I've done some rooting about and dug out the results.

At that time his stock was very high among Owls fans...

gallery_28113_246_795.jpg.7909343a30c740b04b88f236ce936952.jpg

Thank you Snoots. Conclusive evidence of support for Holloway then.

lol

Holloway is a poor manager that happens to have a personality 

His win ratio is around 37%

He got Blackpool promoted via the play offs (credit) and after a bright start where he couldnt get his mug on the tv enough playing up for the cameras at every opportunity , he took his eye off the ball and they fell like a stone hardly winning a game from Christmas to relegation 

He was a disaster at Leicester

Took QPR up then back where they came from the 1st time and got sacked the 2nd 

Millwall sacked and relegated

Palace promoted via playoffs (credit) but he did take over whilst they were on a 14 match unbeaten run and sure enough he ended up getting the boot 

He is a poor manager and anyone who wants him because his interviews will be a laugh need help

Its a no from me !!

Don't get some sobbish attitudes to who should be manager.

McCarthy- Rubbish, fans hated him at Ipswich

Bruce-Spent all that money at Villa and they failed

Holloway- Did rubbish at Millwall and QPR (2nd time)

Every manager has failed at a previous club, that's invariably why they are available. There seems to be some elitist attitude that we can have a manager that's got a 60% win ratio, plays champagne football and is available. Sorry but we'll be waiting a while for one of those.

McCarthy, Bruce and Holloway have great experience of this league, have promotions on their CV and are available. Let's not pretend it's 1993 and keep it real.