Mr Chansiri

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it would be nice if those fans who aren't against the chairman also posted in this thread to add some balance to everyone just jumping on the hate bandwagon

Me?

I'm still backing Chansiri  and Jos all the way and so am not really enjoying reading all the outbursts today

I am behind him.

I not pretending he has done everything right. I am not pretending he is willing to accept blame where things have gone wrong.

I do believe he has good intentions for the club and I do believe he will get better at some things.

I am not sure about everything Jos does but I am 100% behind him and the team!

1 minute ago, dan1980 said:

We lost our last 2 games that why the usual people started posting again same every time .

Yeah I understand that losing two games is rubbish but the long list of posts about the chairman are pure speculation and I think people need to judge the chairman at the end of the season and not just after a defeat

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is an example of what I mean

Nobody knows what the plan is
The chairman won't tell everyone what the plan is
But doesn't mean there isn't one

He has already told us the plan if we don't get promoted we are in trouble with Profit and Sustainability.

That his plan promotion. 

For me I would be looking how much do we need to avoid breaking FFP, our losses this year need to be less than 2015/16 so less than £10m to have a chance of not breaking FFP, we are no where near it currently based on the saving of the players that left last season, Rhodes loan and Hunts transfer and wages saving. So what do we do look to get the players off the books not being played and are fit. NO the plan is hope we get promoted 

the below is taken from a Sheffield Star article today about Adam Reach but was a quote from DC at the start of this season..

And chairman Dejphon Chansiri has previously warned the club will have' big big problems' adhering to Profit and Sustainability regulations next year if they fail to secure promotion this season.

Edited by room0035

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think anyone 'hates' Chansiri.

I am sure he is a nice enough bloke if I ever met him in real life.

But I have no faith that he knows how to run a football club. 

Agree with this had we brought in an experienced director of football in the summer and an experienced marketing manager who together could sort out the issues with players contracts, squad size and players not needed and sort our very real short coming of having a shop that does not add to the club and a stadium full of advertising paid for by the chairman because the pricing structure is all wrong for a team based in Sheffield as opposed to a team in North London.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He has already told us the plan if we don't get promoted we are in trouble with Profit and Sustainability.

That his plan promotion. 

That's basically just you guessing though

The plan isn't 'promotion' whatsoever
That would be the result of the plan that the club has in place not the actual plan

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I understand that losing two games is rubbish but the long list of posts about the chairman are pure speculation and I think people need to judge the chairman at the end of the season and not just after a defeat

Agree mate i got nothing against chansiri .he made some mistakes but hasnt everybody

He’s well out of his depth and the sooner he realises the better. The prices we pay to watch mid table championship football is outrageous and that’s purely down to him. Shoddy recruitment is very much down to him also, as much as people like to think Carlos created our current mess. Needs help from someone experienced because he hasn’t a clue about football nor the people who turn up week in week out, but he’s too proud and controlling to ever consider it. 

• Thanks 1

My biggest frustration is that the bloke won't learn from mistakes and still won't take advice or constructive criticism.

The fans are biggest asked to help reduce financial losses, when one persons stubbornness and lack of negotiation skills are causing financial losses to be racked up by the minute. We've experienced, highly paid players, simply frozen out. Given the injuries, even the likes of Jones, Boyd and Abdi would strengthen our squad at present. Are all the frozen out players training? If so the atmosphere in the squad must be horrendous?

Why on earth weren't the frozen out players sold or loaned out during the window? Instead we now lose valuable assets on a free in the summer. And continue to pay ridiculous wages each week for absolutely no return. You're not telling me that we had no transfer or loan offers for these players?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That would be the result of the plan that the club has in place not the actual plan

He / she is always guessing. Unsubstantiated digs at DC. All the time. It's tedious. Comment without responsibility. Easy.

No mention of our empty exec boxes being given to charity yet? Needs to give it a rest.

I wonder what financial contribution 'room00 look at me' actually makes to the club, if any?

Seeing as DC is wasting his / her money.

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But the problem is he and the club have shown no action to prove there is a plan in place.

We have not done anything to increase ticket revenue, if anything it is down because of the insane POTG prices, no new advertising except the taxi firm with no drivers, no corporate spend because you guested it the price plan is simply too high. The club seem very confused that business are not fans so won't pay the excessive prices because they are fans. The business i work for used to have a corporate box 3 season ago it cost then £27,500 in 3 season the price has risen to £48,000. We no longer have a corporate box instead as and when needed we use Rotherham United for corporate entertaining, due to the close links to the motorway, the prices are not excessive, the service is very good and you are made to feel wanted by the club.

Then you look at what can be controlled the squad we have probably in the region of £200,000 a week (£10m a season) in players either injured or not being played for one reason or another. We are told by the manager that Westwood is third choice a player (with nearly 450 games in a 15 year career that included playing at international and premier league level) is not classed as, as good as a keeper that before this season had played 3 games and this season in 13 games has conceded 22 goals with no clean sheets. But if Westwood is not in the plans why has he not been sold or loan out to get his reported £20,000 a week off the wage bill, add Jones, Hutch, Abdi to that list of players not injured on high wages but not playing either.

We then have 6 or 7 players who have been out not with ACL or broken bones but hamstring and groin injuries for over a year, have no journalist really asked why a player has been out for nearly a year on £35,000+ a week with a groin injury. I am not one for conspiracy theories unless it involves Roswell or JFK but seriously these players come back from injury then within 2 weeks are re-injured again for months on end - why is no one asking the questions or do those reporters not get allowed to attend the press conferences.

The only way we are not under an embargo next season is selling assets if either Bannan, Reach or Fessi are not sold to get the £10m ish we need to avoid another embargo then next season we will be in an even more dyer situation financially that this season if you can believe it, because we will have lost 13 first team players and not be allowed to replace any of them and of the remaining 18 squad players 7 of them will be into the last 12 months of their contracts and we won't be able to resign them because we are under an embargo.

This is not scare mongering or speculation it is based on the rule of Profit and Sustainability and simply if you are under an embargo you cannot sign or resign any players.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

He / she is always guessing. Unsubstantiated digs at DC. All the time. It's tedious. Comment without responsibility. Easy.

No mention of our empty exec boxes being given to charity yet? Needs to give it a rest.

I wonder what financial contribution 'room00 look at me' actually makes to the club, if any?

Seeing as DC is wasting his / her money.

I currently as the business I work for, trade with the club and have for over the last 6 years.

I also know a lot of the key staff at the club in different departments, I have never met DC, But I do have colleagues and friends who have family who are in our current playing staff at both first team and development level. 

I don't have a season ticket as due to family and work commitment I am unable to attend all the games and if you look back at some of my earlier post I did say a midweek season ticket or a week end season ticket would be something I would be interest in so I could get the benefit of lower prices and attend more games. Instead the club came up with the six pack deal of £220 to sit on the south stand which would have meant me paying more than the pay on the gate prices for the last 2 games not exactly a saving for paying for 6 games in advance.

As far as I know paying blindly over the price just because you are a fan is stupid and no other club in the country does this that I know off.

Edited by room0035
  • Thanks 1

We were all excited when DC took over the club. His wealth offered a hope of good times. It almost happened but almost is not good enough. He is responsible for wasting millions, no one else. If we do have financial problems and embargoes in the future, who else is to blame ?

42 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But the problem is he and the club have shown no action to prove there is a plan in place.

We have not done anything to increase ticket revenue, if anything it is down because of the insane POTG prices, no new advertising except the taxi firm with no drivers, no corporate spend because you guested it the price plan is simply too high. The club seem very confused that business are not fans so won't pay the excessive prices because they are fans. The business i work for used to have a corporate box 3 season ago it cost then £27,500 in 3 season the price has risen to £48,000. We no longer have a corporate box instead as and when needed we use Rotherham United for corporate entertaining, due to the close links to the motorway, the prices are not excessive, the service is very good and you are made to feel wanted by the club.

Then you look at what can be controlled the squad we have probably in the region of £200,000 a week (£10m a season) in players either injured or not being played for one reason or another. We are told by the manager that Westwood is third choice a player (with nearly 450 games in a 15 year career that included playing at international and premier league level) is not classed as, as good as a keeper that before this season had played 3 games and this season in 13 games has conceded 22 goals with no clean sheets. But if Westwood is not in the plans why has he not been sold or loan out to get his reported £20,000 a week off the wage bill, add Jones, Hutch, Abdi to that list of players not injured on high wages but not playing either.

We then have 6 or 7 players who have been out not with ACL or broken bones but hamstring and groin injuries for over a year, have no journalist really asked why a player has been out for nearly a year on £35,000+ a week with a groin injury. I am not one for conspiracy theories unless it involves Roswell or JFK but seriously these players come back from injury then within 2 weeks are re-injured again for months on end - why is no one asking the questions or do those reporters not get allowed to attend the press conferences.

The only way we are not under an embargo next season is selling assets if either Bannan, Reach or Fessi are not sold to get the £10m ish we need to avoid another embargo then next season we will be in an even more dyer situation financially that this season if you can believe it, because we will have lost 13 first team players and not be allowed to replace any of them and of the remaining 18 squad players 7 of them will be into the last 12 months of their contracts and we won't be able to resign them because we are under an embargo.

This is not scare mongering or speculation it is based on the rule of Profit and Sustainability and simply if you are under an embargo you cannot sign or resign any players.

GOOD POST