slack passing across the back

Just now, gurujuan said:

Careless passing all over the pitch, even when not under pressure Just an off night I think

agree shocking   but I agree with Andrews their intensity and snapping caused us to be nervous  lees had ample chance straight ball to pessy who called for it in space   

we cannot be doing the tentative crab passing  from now on we can expect teams to follow this approach against us 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

agree shocking   but I agree with Andrews their intensity and snapping caused us to be nervous  lees had ample chance straight ball to pessy who called for it in space   

we cannot be doing the tentative crab passing  from now on we can expect teams to follow this approach against us 

Julie noted Steelowl.......lol

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, steelowl said:

It has to stop and stop now 

we've played with fire many times this season  we just do not have the technical ability  

Jos has to take responsibility for this as it's obviously what the players are being coached to do even though we have a keeper and defenders who lack the ability to carry out such instructions.

If you keep making the same mistakes you are going to get the same results.

It's been glaringly obvious in our last two home games against both L##ds and WBA that this tactic was not working yet still he continues with it.

Sort it out Jos.

• Thanks 2

Just now, full fathom five said:

Jos has to take responsibility for this as it's obviously what the players are being coached to do even though we have a keeper and defenders who lack the ability to carry out such instructions.

If you keep making the same mistakes you are going to get the same results.

It's been glaringly obvious in our last two home games against both L##ds and WBA that this tactic was not working yet still he continues with it.

Sort it out Jos.

yep exactly  however  we did this at times under CC  drives me mad 

4 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

How many times do we take short goal kicks to defenders when the other team is pressing us high up the pitch. 

Happens a lot this season and our players panic and don't have the composure to play that way.

Mate its ludicrous..Half the f.ookin' ground is shoutin' "Noooooooooo"...and still they do it....Fair enough if they were composed enough to do it, but they aren't...

Its obviously a system Jos likes, but you have to have the players who are comfortable doing it, 

Tonight, and lets be honest almost every bloody game this season shows we haven't...I mean what did Tom lees see for their second...Bannan had gone upfield and it looked as though..."err...I better just play it to the bloke in red then"...it honestly looked just like that from the Kop...

Slack passing all over the field, the defence must be sorted because we are going nowhere. I thought boro were average and we could have won that game. We put ourselves under pressure by giving the ball away too often. Jos must look at himself and sort the tactics out. Because when we play the blunts they will put us under massive pressure.

• Like 1

Just now, steelowl said:

yep exactly  however  we did this at times under CC  drives me mad 

But under CC we had players who were better on the ball and knew when to go short and when to go long. Westwood although his kicking wasn't the best is head and shoulders above Dawson, Hunt above Palmer, Loovens against Hector, Hutchinson against Pelupessy ect add to that players of the ilk of Kieran Lee, Wallace  and Hooper it's not hard to see why we struggle to play this way now compared to then.

Carvahal brought the playing out from the back in (which is not a bad thing) still continued with jos, but quite often in football you have to earn the right in football to start playing it dangerously across your back line ie when you are 3 up. 

Tom Lees looks like fish out of water trying to play out from the back and not just because of today. I was hoping with jos coming in last season, we wouldn’t dilly dally at the back as much but just the same, not just us though,every team now thinks they’re the new Barcelona