Westwood

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Only by those who cannot accept Westwood is no longer our number 1, no matter what the reasons are. Wages should never mean a player is guaranteed his place no matter what they earn.

They had 4 shots on target last night and scored 2. The goals were bad defending and nothing to do with the keeper, Westwood or no Westwood. Time we moved on and backed young Dawson instead of trying to pick faults in every game he plays. Forgive me if im wrong but how many glaring errors has he made. 

Forest had 13 shots with 6 on target, not sure where you’ve got your stats from 

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Indeed.

Everybody backs the young lad, but as long as you have the best keeper in the division on gardening leave, and you keep losing games, questions will quite rightly be asked.

It's never going away, and the questions will get louder.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Imagine if Dawson and Wildsmith both inexplicably got injured and Westwood came in and our porous defence still conceded goals.

Mayhem.

I’m sure people would be quick to point out that the goalkeeper alone is not responsible for clean sheets...

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
54 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

It's not glaring errors nor stunning saves that count but often things you only hear.

Shilton said you don't become a top keeper until late 20's.

And Westwood was 'injured' not dropped - tell me when he had a poor game?

The derby at Hillsborough last year for one. If you are being picky about postioning like has been mentioned on here about Dawason. He can be faulted for at least 3 goals, no mans land for 2nd and fourth and beaten near stick for the third. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Indeed.

Everybody backs the young lad, but as long as you have the best keeper in the division on gardening leave, and you keep losing games, questions will quite rightly be asked.

It's never going away, and the questions will get louder.

Keep losing games

lol

8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The derby at Hillsborough last year for one. If you are being picky about postioning like has been mentioned on here about Dawason. He can be faulted for at least 3 goals, no mans land for 2nd and fourth and beaten near stick for the third. 

And stood behind the wall for the first.. 

Guest Willow Owl
36 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

https://static.fctables.com/upload/ev/evhmt5ba2b558324f1/nottingham-forest-sheffield-wednesday-game-stats-18-09-19.jpg

This is where i checked the stats. Apologies if they don't agree with yours but my initial point remains 

I can understand fans championing westwood but I cant understand why some  rubbish dawson ….I don't think he's done owt wrong since he came into the team back end of last season ….. .when he starts dropping clangers i'll be looking for a change but until then as the man in possession who's done nowt wrong. for him to lose the shirt it would send out the message that no matter what the young players do when the "stars" are fit they come back in …... 

Edited by torryowl

21 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

No one can afford to buy any of ours as Chansiri's overpaying massively.

Makes Risdale look tight.

But Boro bid £5 million summer , 17, for Westy.

Exactly - so nothing to do with us not playing him now then.

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I think I’ll go with bbc instead of fctables.com lol 

F.. K the BBC just tried to rob us with the radio money. :biggrin:

To be honest, was the first i looked at. 

Edited by Willow Owl
Wrong wording

21 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

You tell us the reason , can't be form (and according to rankings , he's still out top keeper).

Plus , has Jos ever seen him play competitively?

You were talking about nobody wanting to buy him now. I said the reason for that isn’t anything to do with us not playing him.

Edited by Sonny