• NUHIU
    • ONOMAH
    • HECTOR

2 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

unlike Pelepussy who has no touch and makes an arse of everything

Different people see different things

I thought Pelupessy had a good game

But he was taken off so what do I know

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Dawson 6 - few good saves but there were times where he took too long distributing. Needs to command his box better.

Palmer 6 - nothing spectacular

Lees 5 - got better as the game went on. Poor for both their goals, got dragged towards the ball which left space for their attackers

Thorniley 7 - solid. Caught out with Lees for the goals but think it was Lees fault

Penney 7 - before the last 10 mins he was a 6. To say he used to be a winger and has a great delivery id like to see him take a man on and cross more. That run and shot was fantastic

Reach 4 - worst player on the pitch today. Works hard when we have the ball but barely moves when we dont, which is surprising as he was everywhere last year.

Joey 5 - nothing spectacular but works hard and had alot of the ball today and seemed comfy with it

Bannan 9 - fantastic. Still needs to stop picking the ball up at CB so much, but suppose it did get us the 1st goal

Matias 6/7 - normally a big critic but worked hard today. Still dont think he creates anything and is abit soft. 

Fletecher 6 - nothing happened for him really. Desperately needs a goal, great play for our 1st

Joao 6 - some lovely close control and touches but did nothing and still plays in custard at times

7 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Dawson 6 - few good saves but there were times where he took too long distributing. Needs to command his box better.

Palmer 6 - nothing spectacular

Lees 5 - got better as the game went on. Poor for both their goals, got dragged towards the ball which left space for their attackers

Thorniley 7 - solid. Caught out with Lees for the goals but think it was Lees fault

Penney 7 - before the last 10 mins he was a 6. To say he used to be a winger and has a great delivery id like to see him take a man on and cross more. That run and shot was fantastic

Reach 4 - worst player on the pitch today. Works hard when we have the ball but barely moves when we dont, which is surprising as he was everywhere last year.

Joey 5 - nothing spectacular but works hard and had alot of the ball today and seemed comfy with it

Bannan 9 - fantastic. Still needs to stop picking the ball up at CB so much, but suppose it did get us the 1st goal

Matias 6/7 - normally a big critic but worked hard today. Still dont think he creates anything and is abit soft. 

Fletecher 6 - nothing happened for him really. Desperately needs a goal, great play for our 1st

Joao 6 - some lovely close control and touches but did nothing and still plays in custard at times

A fair assessment, I won't ask how you've got 241 net negs, but you've got it Spot on with those scores.

It almost looked like Reach was playing as a striker today.

A false nine in every sense. Meanwhile João was wasted on the wing.

Dawson - 6 - Hesitated a couple of times, one good save.

Palmer - 5 - Caught out a lot, didn’t seem to make a tackle, worked hard.

Lees - 6 - Won a few headers, few good blocks

Thorniley - 7 - Looks a real prospect, a few great interceptions and headers

Penney - 7 - Ince is one of the best wide men in the division and had the run around on him a bit first half. Grew into the game, credit to him, few great runs.

Joey - 6 - Few good tackles, few misplaced passes. New boo boy favourite, fairly embarrassing.

Bannan MoM - 10 - Unreal, what a pass for the first goal, what a finish for the second. Hardly gives the ball away, always working.

Reach - 6 - Worked hard, bit on the periphery.

Joao - 7 - Looks to have worked on his first touch and dribbling. Not a wide man though and looked a little frustrated at times.

Matias - 7 - Works hard, good finish, gets into decent positions.

Fletcher - 6 - Good assist, better second half, anonymous for about 30 mins.

Nuhiu - 6 - Held the ball up well, really strong.

Onomah - 6 - Promising little cameo, looks fast.

Hector - N/A

Bannan was clearly man of the match. I was relieved to hear Jos having a go at the players for not taking more attacking responsibility on the ball. This has been the problem for well over a year at Wednesday.

It makes you predictable if everything has to go through Bannan, and he's also having to run back to take the responsibility of the defenders bringing the ball forward and also at the same time running forward to press the opponent's back line as well.

Something went badly wrong in the first twenty minutes either tactically or in individual performances executing the tactical plan. I'm guessing either way we have Stoke far too much respect. They are Stoke City, not Man City.

Stoke played really deep, and we never pressed them as a unit. I don't care what the UEFA coaching badges say, you can't concede possession at home, you've got to chase the ball down.

As fans we've got to make it Vocally clear, at games, that's the absolute minimum requirement. 

Dawson 6...Really needs to get rid quicker at times

Palmer  6..had his hands full

Lees 6 ...Did his job

Thornily 7..very steady

Penney 7..shakystart but pulled it round

Pelupessy 5...showed very little

Bannan...9...absolute class.no f..ok it 10

Reach 5.... same as Joey

Joao 7..good first half, faded a bit

Mattias 7..worked hard..well taken goal

Fletcher 6....took a lot of stick, good lay off for goal

Adthe...6..held it up well

Onamah..6...looked promising

Edited by asteener1867

53 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Time for those scores on the doors.

1.  What the actual f*ck
  2. Terrible
  3. Bad
  4. poor
  5. Meh
  6. Satisfactory
  7. Good
  8. Positive
  9. Superb
  10. Absolutley Exceptional

I'm glad you know how to distinguish the pecking order  between "Meh" and "Satisfactory"  now Snoots... 

33 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Different people see different things

I thought Pelupessy had a good game

But he was taken off so what do I know

You probably know more than most. Onomah came on and looked great for five minutes and then it became apparent Bannan was then having to track back to fill in the hole left in centre mid by Pelupessy.

The one criticism I'd have of Joey is he's not nasty enough. There were occasions when Stoke were on the break where he should be risking a yellow card to bring down their player rather than risking the counter attacking flowing forward. 

I'd also wish people would get off his back during the game. He didn't do much wrong defensively. I accept he's not an attacking threat and there were times where he slowed down or play going forward, but I'm sure he's doing 90% of what he was asked to do.

• Like 1

Dawson 6 - Glued to the line deserving of his FIFA ranking, needs to get out more.

Palmer 6.5 - Very slow start but found a bit of form as the game wore on.

Lees 5 - Both their goals, went missing leaving their attack with time and space.

Thorniley 6.5 - Became more solid as game wore on. 

Penney 7 - Confidence to take on Stoke for first hour was missing, last twenty went from that to double man marked.  

Reach 5 - Needs to rediscover form from back end of last season.

Pelupessey 5 - Too often getting further up the pitch than Bannan can't be good. If only his optimism was matched by his shooting.

Bannan 8 - Another superb game but having to do too much from CB carrying the ball and picking the pass. Great free kick BTW.

Matias 7 - Worked hard and took his goal well superbly made by Fletcher. 

Fletecher 7 -Worked hard set up Matias superbly.

Joao 8 - some lovely close control and working back when we were under the cosh. Shooting on target good.

Onouma & Nuihu both 7 worked hard for the cause, Onouma comfort on the ball.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

You probably know more than most. Onomah came on and looked great for five minutes and then it became apparent Bannan was then having to track back to fill in the hole left in centre mid by Pelupessy.

The one criticism I'd have of Joey is he's not nasty enough. There were occasions when Stoke were on the break where he should be risking a yellow card to bring down their player rather than risking the counter attacking flowing forward. 

I'd also wish people would get off his back during the game. He didn't do much wrong defensively. I accept he's not an attacking threat and there were times where he slowed down or play going forward, but I'm sure he's doing 90% of what he was asked to do.

I know which part of Joeys play you are talking about..It was when the bloke ran inside him and he should have clipped him, but tried to stay with him and let him break 30yds, second half.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I know which part of Joeys play you are talking about..It was when the bloke ran inside him and he should have clipped him, but tried to stay with him and let him break 30yds, second half.

We give opponent's to much respect, as fans and also as players. 

The worst thing about it is we've seen today that Joey is capable of it.

Then you've got the big lads like Reach and Fletcher pulling out of challenges. That's unacceptable.

With the size of our squad no one should be worried about picking up too many yellow cards. In fact Jos should start dropping players if he thinks they came off the field without a yellow card, when they should have got one.

Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

We give opponent's to much respect, as fans and also as players. 

The worst thing about it is we've seen today that Joey is capable of it.

Then you've got the big lads like Reach and Fletcher pulling out of challenges. That's unacceptable.

With the size of our squad no one should be worried about picking up too many yellow cards. In fact Jos should start dropping players if he thinks they came off the field without a yellow card, when they should have got one.

I know its a well trodden path the "Reach pulls out of challenges" thingy, he doesn't...he is simply not strong enough to win them, he battled for balls today, but hardly ever came away with it..Its not so much bottling as not being strong enough.

I thought Fletcher took a lot of hammer today..There was one, you could see from the Kop when the defender had both arms around him..but hen push came to goal, he did well to lay that one off to Mattias

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I know its a well trodden path the "Reach pulls out of challenges" thingy, he doesn't...he is simply not strong enough to win them, he battled for balls today, but hardly ever came away with it..Its not so much bottling as not being strong enough.

I thought Fletcher took a lot of hammer today..There was one, you could see from the Kop when the defender had both arms around him..but hen push came to goal, he did well to lay that one off to Mattias

I really don't understand the Hammer. Fine come on here and critice a player after the game if he's not turned up, but sitting in silence for the majority of the game only to blurt out groans when the pantomime villain finally makes a miss placed pass!?! (Pelupessy) And if you really think it's you entitlement in life to turn up and moan that Pelupessy isn't good enough for this division at least applaud him when he does make a challenge. Likewise alplsud Fletcher's lay off for Matthias goal and through balls in the second half. (Fletcher got no service btw) Applaud them when by miracle of miracles they've done something which they thought they were not capable of.

Things have to change, on and off the pitch, and I suspect they are related.

Dawson 7 - I appreciate he's slow to distribute, but so were Westwood and Kirkland. His saves kept us in it second half and he had better command of his box, getting a strong fist to some dangerous crosses.

Palmer 4 - shrugged off too easily when Diouf laid on the first goal and contributed very little else. Baker should play on Wednesday imo.

Lees 6 - did better in the second half but him and Thorniley were really struggling to coordinate when we were getting pummeled in the first half.

Thorniley 6 - as above, I need to see replays before I can see how blame for the goals should be shared.

Penney 7 - uncertain start as Ince gave him a tough first half, but he did really well after the break.

Pelupessy 7 - other than his appalling long range shooting I thought he did well today, won the ball back lots of times.

Reach 4 - fairly anonymous, and should have done so much better when Pelupessy played him in with the goal at his mercy just before the hour mark.

Bannan 9 - clear man of the match, laser guided pass for Fletcher to lay on the first goal and an unbelievable free kick for the second. He's got a huge creative burden and yet he still shines amid constant attention from the opposition.

Matias 7 - good work rate and well taken goal, I see him as a very able back up for Forestieri.

Fletcher 5 - beyond the first goal it didn't really happen for him, Shawcross marshalled him well.

Joao 6 - usual good close control, tried hard to link play and operate in small pockets of space.

Nuhiu 6 - held tthe ball up well, worked hard

Onomah 6 - showed for the ball and used it tidily

Hector - n/a

11 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Anyone not choosing Bannan is .........

1. Blind 

2. Silly

3. Obtuse 

4. Mentally unfit to vote 

5. All of the above 

Bannan doesn't get 10/10 because we are SO f.ookin' used to him doing virtually everything...The bloke is totally invaluable to the team...

I'm simply thankful he seems happy to do it...I said to the lad today....

"If I was bannan..I would..simply stand in the centre circle halfway through the second half an' shout 

"Any other f.ooker want a go" ?

• Like 1