Is it just me

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Was waiting for the Palmer hate

All we need now is someone to criticise Nuhiu and we've got full house

Ok, Palmer made Roland Nilsson look pedestrian, Pelupessy was better than Kante could ever hope to be, does that suit you.

I'd rather call it how i see it rather than follow the sheep on here.

• Haha 1

All he does is give the ball to Bannan - that's his job! That's what Jos tells him to do.

If he protects the back 4 why were we so open - terrible tactics from Jos. We played a high line up front with FOUR forwards, none of whom actually did any tackling. So Bannan and Pelupessy (wrongly) launched themselves forward to do what they were failing to do... leaving a huge hole between midfield and defence. One pass into that hole and we were wide open. Bannan and Joey should let the 'forwards' do the chasing of the defenders. Bannan seemed determined to show the forwards how it was done but none of them were watching.

Onumah did more in 10 minutes - true he was much more forward thinking in his passing and we went forward with more purpose. But he didn't seem too aware of his defensive duties so I reckon over 90 mins we'd be more open.

Joey kept misplacing passes - yes he dropped at least 3 clangers, not to mention his 'shots' but Bannan also makes mistakes without getting the derision. The stats say Joey had a 92% pass success. It's easy when all you have to do is pass to Bannan. But he did also play a couple of lovely forward passes - he does have it in him.

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

A  L  O  T  T  E  R  Y  W  I  N  A  N  D  G  O  O  D  H  E  A  L  T  H

As you know.. I'm a deep football thinker.. probably one of the best.

I think..live and eat football.

What would you do with the win?

I'd treat my friends and family to a slap up hol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hardly hate when you can watch the match and see the gaps that Palmer leaves in his part of the field and the difficulty he has marking an opponent. Stoke exploited that on numerous occasions creating some good opportunites. On at least one occasion, Lees physically pointed at the player Palmer was supposed to mark. This isn't a kid we're talking about, that's just been dropped in the side after playing in the under 23s, its supposedly a seasoned professional who simply can't do the basic stuff that his role in a team requires. He really is poor.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

As you know.. I'm a deep football thinker.. probably one of the best.

I think..live and eat football.

What would you do with the win?

I'd treat my friends and family to a slap up hol

Make as many family and friends happy as i could, then just to balance it out I'd get a box at Hillsborough and make them watch Wednesday, that would bring them back down to earth.

3 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Hardly hate when you can watch the match and see the gaps that Palmer leaves in his part of the field and the difficulty he has marking an opponent. Stoke exploited that on numerous occasions creating some good opportunites. On at least one occasion, Lees physically pointed at the player Palmer was supposed to mark. This isn't a kid we're talking about, that's just been dropped in the side after playing in the under 23s, its supposedly a seasoned professional who simply can't do the basic stuff that his role in a team requires. He really is poor.

No, no ,no that simply won't do, any criticism must be a hate campaign, it simply must (stamps feet):duntmatter:

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Make as many family and friends happy as i could, then just to balance it out I'd get a box at Hillsborough and make them watch Wednesday, that would bring them back down to earth.

Alan Hansan.

Your tactics are all over the place.

What are you going to do with second cousins?

Do you call the milkman your friend?

He wasn't helping you out when you had nothing.

Don't bother with neices and nephews... they'll win you nothing.

40 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

He works, puts in plenty of effort and chases every ball.

But this is his major problem, he chases every ball - even those he has no chance of winning, or doesn't need to contest.

For a holding midfielder, the amount of time he effectively 'empties' midfield is criminal, the opposition then have a clear run at our defence, this should not happen, and often results in another yellow card for Bannan.

This is spot on. Stoke got at us with ease first 20 minutes, much like Wigan and Brentford did against us. Pelupessy has improved and played well during our winning run but I think even he would admit he was below par today. 

As for the 3 shots he had......lets just say that's not his game.

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All we need now is someone to criticise Nuhiu and we've got full house

I don't think you can call it hate when it's pointing out the mistakes he makes all too often. The amount of times he gets caught ball watching with the wide attacker running in behind him is not good enough. He can have a solid game for 85 minutes and often does but this basic error shouldn't keep happening, it's a fundamental part of being an effective full-back.

Not his best game for us. Thought he was pretty poor in the first half tbh (albeit against a very strong premier league experienced midfield). Their movement first 20 minutes was top class but he didnt protect our back four very well. They passed it through us at least 3 or 4 times. Was awkward and slow in possession as well. But I thought he improved in the second half and out in some decent tackles (even if the ref seemed to have a vendetta against him). Not sure Jos does want him to just give the ball to Bannan all the time if Jos's after match comments are anything to go by.

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I didn't think Pelupessy had a very good game to be honest...Simply my view, i'm not slagging him off, because I think his role is to simply look to whereverthefook Bannan is...thats what it looks like to me....

It's jazz/swing now with a military march feel as the coda.... just budge a few words round to fit.

I've got the running time down to 3 hours and 15 minutes btw.

He was poor today and as Jos stated too many of our players immediately look to pass the ball to Bannan instead of taking responsibility themselves; I'm sure one of the players he was alluding to was Joey. One other thing just because I disagree with the posters thread does not make me an hater, it's totally immature to keep using this term towards people with different views.