Is it just me

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

He's simply one of those players who folk who know nowt about football will always think iscrap.

This is rubbish. I watched him with this in mind today. If he is so good at protecting the back four, how come Stoke walked through our midfield numerous ocassions all afternoon. Pelupessy needs to buy a beer for Jordan Thorniley tonight because he saved us from being out of the game on 60 minutes.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He's bang average I'm afraid.

This talk that he's a selfless player who does the dirty work like he's some kind of Ngolo Kante is ridiculous.

The minute Onomah came on he looked to drive forward and pick a pass. Pelupessy just wants to give it Bannan.

Agreed. Onomah did more in 10 mins. 

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

He works, puts in plenty of effort and chases every ball.

But this is his major problem, he chases every ball - even those he has no chance of winning, or doesn't need to contest.

For a holding midfielder, the amount of time he effectively 'empties' midfield is criminal, the opposition then have a clear run at our defence, this should not happen, and often results in another yellow card for Bannan.

Spot on. But you know nowt about football mate so unfortunately your opinion doesn't count. 

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

But this is his major problem, he chases every ball - even those he has no chance of winning, or doesn't need to contest.

For a holding midfielder, the amount of time he effectively 'empties' midfield is criminal, the opposition then have a clear run at our defence, this should not happen, and often results in another yellow card for Bannan.

Nicely put, and there's a lot of truth in that.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is rubbish. I watched him with this in mind today. If he is so good at protecting the back four, how come Stoke walked through our midfield numerous ocassions all afternoon. Pelupessy needs to buy a beer for Jordan Thorniley tonight because he saved us from being out of the game on 60 minutes.

They are a very good team with plenty of experience and created space and problems.

He is still growing into his role and the team and is doing fine so far.

His isn't a glamorous job but it's all the same a vital one.  The flair players will get plaudits for a couple of excellent moments in 90 minutes whilst players like this fella get hammered for a couple of errors whilst grafting non-stop.

He has a great attitude so let's give him a break.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He's bang average I'm afraid.

This talk that he's a selfless player who does the dirty work like he's some kind of Ngolo Kante is ridiculous.

The minute Onomah came on he looked to drive forward and pick a pass. Pelupessy just wants to give it Bannan.

Agreed, some fans are taken in by Jos saying fans don't see what he brings to the team, how much the players around him appreciate the job he does. Well im sorry that's bullshit, we've had players who play this role and appreciated them. Pelupessy simply isn't very good, that said i won't boo him or get on his back, he wasn't the worse player today, that accolade goes to Palmer who hid for large chunks of the game.

Jos himself alluded to the fact on radio Sheffield that too many players were simply passing responsibility to Bannan to create something today and im pretty sure that he was referring to our other midfielders Pelupessy included (Reach was poor also) and our full backs.

13 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Hallelujah, someone else sees it instead of towing the Jos/Owlstalk line

31 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Who thought Pelupessy had a good game? Never shied away always looked for the ball, even when the cretins had the knives out. He's no creativity but put in some good tackles and kept it moving.

Pessy does what he is in the side for ......... the dirty work to allow Bannan to dictate the play. I thought he was his usual solid, dependable self today .