Promotion charge top 6 under Jos

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, BigDaveNuihui said:

I'm believing Jos can build a top 6 side here and win the playoff final 

Joao and Nuihu to take us to the big time :Pelupessy: E I E I O up the football league we go 

3 wins and all of a sudden we are a top 6 side. If we lose our next 3 matches there will be calls for Jos's head and shouts that we will be lucky to stay up. Its been good that we have been winning but let's not get carried away; we are not playing like a top 6 side.

4 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

Does anyone think a dose of reality is a bit overdue?

weve beaten 2 of the bottom 3 not qualified for the ruddy chanpions league!

maybe give it a few more games....?? :tongue:

Thing is were doing that still without, KL, Hoops, and using Nando & Fletcher sparingly , my thinking is jos is carefully managing the latter and maybe was trying to make sure they didn't get injured or kicked to death before the next 4 games which are all going to be far tougher, Leeds, villa, Stoke and forest (can't remember which order), I'd imagine we've more of a chance rolling them over with a fully  fit fletcher & Nando playing than without. 

Arguably, we've only played one team so far that I think will finish in the top 10 (Brentford) and we were well beaten. The others we've played will largely be in or around a relegation scrap or finish in the bottom half. We've had three decent results (albeit making hard work of two of them) so I'm not getting carried away at all. I still think it will be a tough season for us and we'll have done well to finish midtable. No, I don't think that's good enough, but that's what I'm expecting.

16 hours ago, Eastern said:

Goes to show how nice it is to get some wins before international break.

imagine being a Reading or Ipswich fan atm

A guy on my team (at work) is a Reading season ticket holder.

He said he’d just watched 2 league 1 sides in response to my heckling of him after Saturday afternoon. 

I called him bitter. He’s very worried about their chances of staying up.

17 hours ago, BigDaveNuihui said:

I'm believing Jos can build a top 6 side here and win the playoff final 

Joao and Nuihu to take us to the big time :Pelupessy: E I E I O up the football league we go 

I can't trust anybody who can't spell Nuhiu correctly but i want to.

No team in the world keeps clean sheets in every game, if we win every game 2-1 we get promoted.

We don’t have the best defenders in the league so we need to focus on what we can do with the ball, like at the end of last season when we were winning games 4-1, 5-1 etc. And the opposition were having chances to score more but we were more clinical. 

Hector and Onomah are good in possession so that’s probably Jos plan too

6 hours ago, Kermit Flump said:

A guy on my team (at work) is a Reading season ticket holder.

He said he’d just watched 2 league 1 sides in response to my heckling of him after Saturday afternoon. 

I called him bitter. He’s very worried about their chances of staying up.

Had we lost to Millwall, Ipswich and Reading, we’d probably say the same. Should have won, we are crap etc