Are we trusting him yet?

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Trust him to keep us up - yes, cause we've beaten our potential relegation rivals

Trust him to mount a top 6 challenge - no, cause we've not lost against the teams in the top half & he's too defensive

End of Oct; should give us a better picture.

Answer a) Glass half full

Answer b) Glass half empty

Answer c) What glass?

Come on, things are going great. Relegation rivals is a bit OTT. 

Flippin enjoy the good times. There’s so many crap times. 

Just now, Holmowl said:

Answer a) Glass half full

Answer b) Glass half empty

Answer c) What glass?

Come on, things are going great. Relegation rivals is a bit OTT. 

Flippin enjoy the good times. There’s so many crap times. 

Very deliberately & manipulatively you misquoted me & left out the word potential.

I went into the season with a degree of confidence in him, but that had almost disappeared 45 mins into the Brentford game. Mainly this was down to the poor decisions to play Van Aken at the heart of the defence and the bizarre position he played Hutch in at Wigan.

When he followed this up with playing Baker and Thorniley as wing backs from the start at Brentford (a decision that led to us barely getting out of our own half) I was almost out.

His decisions at half time V Brentford gave me hope though, and then I was also encouraged by the brave (but more importantly balanced) line up V Millwall.

Since then I've not only been happy with the selections, but also his demeanour and attitude in the press conferences.

My confidence in him is gradually being restored, although im not getting carried away. How he deals with the next crisis/loss of form will be telling.

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Very deliberately & manipulatively you misquoted me & left out the word potential.

Too sensitive. I assure you wasn’t deliberate.

But think on this...

Stoke at home:-

Team clearly playing for their manager who have won their last 3

v

Team really struggling and manager saying all sorts in the press. 

Then Forest away, a fixture we love in recent seasons.

Dont you allow yourself to daydream about what the table looks like if we take six points? I couldn’t stop myself if I tried, which I won’t. 

Nah nah nah nah nah, I’m loving it. 

Edited by Holmowl

Just now, Holmowl said:

Too sensitive. I assure you wasn’t deliberate.

But think on this...

Stoke at home:-

Team clearly playing for their manager who have won their last 3

v

Team really struggling and Robert saying all sorts in the press. 

Then Forest away, a fixture we love in recent seasons.

Dont you allow yourself to daydream about what the table looks like if we take six points? I couldn’t stop myself if I tried, which I won’t. 

Nah nah nah nah nah, I’m loving it. 

Yep; if we get say 3 wins from the next 7; a play off challenge will look achievable.

I'm hoping but sceptical.

Just now, zzmdu said:

Yep; if we get say 3 wins from the next 7; a play off challenge will look achievable.

I'm hoping but sceptical.

I’ll take that as a glimmer of a smile. 

Hope you are are on the low side there. 

31 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

There is a nice prize for getting the music quiz correct 

No ones won it yet .........

"Spencerowl limited" .

You are bang on there mate.. 

Limited indeed ..........

lol

I’ll have you know young man it’s not far from the truth 

EA9C9A3B-5A3D-4B68-8705-3F020310713E.gif

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Are you expecting more than 3 wins from the next 7?

“Expecting” no.

But I really hope to see us getting 3 wins and a draw from the homes, a win at Forest, and even a squeak of a win v Villa or Bristol City.

So I’d love to think 4 wins, a couple of draws and a loss at one of the very tough aways.

20 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I went into the season with a degree of confidence in him, but that had almost disappeared 45 mins into the Brentford game. Mainly this was down to the poor decisions to play Van Aken at the heart of the defence and the bizarre position he played Hutch in at Wigan.

When he followed this up with playing Baker and Thorniley as wing backs from the start at Brentford (a decision that led to us barely getting out of our own half) I was almost out.

His decisions at half time V Brentford gave me hope though, and then I was also encouraged by the brave (but more importantly balanced) line up V Millwall.

Since then I've not only been happy with the selections, but also his demeanour and attitude in the press conferences.

My confidence in him is gradually being restored, although im not getting carried away. How he deals with the next crisis/loss of form will be telling.

He does seem to be searching for the right formula, hope hes found it, remember Millwall away last Season, lets hope he doesn't go off on another tangent.