Are we trusting him yet?

With three wins on the bounce this season after a slightly shakey start, and what seems to be universally accepted good end to last season is it really in jos we trust? 

Equally on the other hand are we one loss away from the knifes out? It was getting quite depressing reading on here upto the Millwall game (understandably) but are we now united behind the manager this season? 

• Like 1

Yes absolutely, he is the manager of SWFC and gets my backing

He has been dealt a rough hand, got on with the job with no issues or complaints, always handles himself very well in the press

You can tell he has the full backing of the players and they are playing for him, as the last 3 games they have fought, battled and played for each other, team spirit it there. The quality will come and this is just the beginning

WAWAW

Just now, Markowski77 said:

Yes absolutely, he is the manager of SWFC and gets my backing

He has been dealt a rough hand, got on with the job with no issues or complaints, always handles himself very well in the press

You can tell he has the full backing of the players and they are playing for him, as the last 3 games they have fought, battled and played for each other, team spirit it there. The quality will come and this is just the beginning

WAWAW

Do you think we can get playoffs with Jos? I’m still unsure myself but agree he has he team organised and the players do seem to want to play for him, which did seem lacking under Carlos. 

I’d be stunned if the support wasn’t there on the whole. 

Jos is doing a superb job so far. He’s maintained a decent winning ratio whilst blooding youngsters and coaching/improving players that some has written off. 

Look at Palmers performances. Look at the work rate and attitude from Matias and Joao.

We’ve finished last season strongly and had our best start to this yet Jos still hasn’t worked with Lee or Hooper. We’ve had 3 wins on the bounce without our talisman in FF. The positives are there all over the place. 

There will always be social media meltdowns when we lose but I wouldn’t read too much into that. If Jos is given time and support we’ll be top 6 this season. And, perhaps most excitingly, we’ll get there with some of our own playing key roles. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Do you think we can get playoffs with Jos? I’m still unsure myself but agree he has he team organised and the players do seem to want to play for him, which did seem lacking under Carlos. 

I do, we have the quality, 2 good loan additions and some of our key men coming back.

Give it the next 7-10 games. That’ll tell us a lot more about Jos and his ability against the top sides in the league.

if we are pushing top 6 by the end of October, then we’ve been on a good run and whether Jos is a decent manager - especially as he’s getting towards a settled team and formation now that he seems to have faith in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I do, we have the quality, 2 good loan additions and some of our key men coming back.

Let’s hope so, next few games and we are still there or there abouts and hopefully he will have enough credit in the bank without the meltdowns

14 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

With three wins on the bounce this season after a slightly shakey start, and what seems to be universally accepted good end to last season is it really in jos we trust? 

Equally on the other hand are we one loss away from the knifes out? It was getting quite depressing reading on here upto the Millwall game (understandably) but are we now united behind the manager this season? 

No mate, I’m Wednesday! UTO FTB!!

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

It’s pleasing that we now appear to have a settled side and formation

The constant chopping and changing were a concern at the start of the season 

^^ this. He seems to

have found some trust in those and the kids. Interesting problem (and a nice one) when Lee and Hooper come back. Will

he stick or twist?

Just now, Hughthecone said:

He has had my backing from the start of his tenure,as from being one defeat and the knives being out, with some on here he is only one team selection wrong and the knives are out,these keyboard managers really p!ss me off.

:luhukay:

UTO

Agreed. Some of the abuse Jos has taken is mental. 

• Like 1

I trust him and never doubted him and stated so from the very first game this season. 

You don’t have to run with the OwlsTalk world mate. Make up your own mind Spencer. We don’t have to have a collective opinion.

MarkOwl has it right. Jos was dealt a bad hand

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kermit Flump said:

Give it the next 7-10 games. That’ll tell us a lot more about Jos and his ability against the top sides in the league.

if we are pushing top 6 by the end of October, then we’ve been on a good run and whether Jos is a decent manager - especially as he’s getting towards a settled team and formation now that he seems to have faith in.

If we’re pushing top 6 at the end of October I’d be saying he’s better than just decent. 

Personally I think we should follow what Jos said himself, judge him after 10 games. So far this season I’m very happy but it’ll be interesting to see how he takes on some of the challenges that are coming in September. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can't help but be impressed. 

Three league wins on the spin and he's benched our most gifted player.

He's got a set on him Jos and has no qualms with taking big decisions. 

He’s certainly sorted the discipline out it seems, but of a contrast isn’t it?

From the moment he took us to the Lane last season and came away with a point when we were at our lowest ebb I’ve trusted him. With more players returning and loanees to add into the mix, I can’t wait to see what the future holds. He seems to have created a great spirit amongst squad members. Long may it continue.

I was on holiday at the start of the season so missed the Hull game. Obviously we drew, but if that was a case of 2 points dropped rather than a lucky draw, then looking at it positively we could easily be on 12 points from 6 games. 2 points per game is promotion form in virtually every league in the world. There's got to be some positives there surely?