Are we trusting him yet?

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

You can have it, now run along.

I would do usually but before I do I feel I need to point out something else in your post. Part of your first sentence goes like this "Still not convinced by him, to defensive minded for my liking, " now I'm not perfect like you and i'm often wrong, again unlike you but that "to" you have in there surely should be "too" shouldn't it.

I wouldn't usually mention anything like this but since you told me you're never wrong I can't help but look for mistakes in your posts, I find a lot TBH.

• Haha 3

I’m starting to get a bit too optimistic about Jos and the squad for my liking. 

What I really like about Jos is he seems to choose a formation that suits the available players (not stick to 442 and think “it’s the best way to get wins in the championship”).

I also like that he’s dropping players who may need a wake up call and including young players. Without being too overdramatic this is something the greats like Ferguson would do. 

It was also good to hear Hector saying that he’s heard positive things about the manager too 

I really hope this good mood continues 

14 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I would do usually but before I do I feel I need to point out something else in your post. Part of your first sentence goes like this "Still not convinced by him, to defensive minded for my liking, " now I'm not perfect like you and i'm often wrong, again unlike you but that "to" you have in there surely should be "too" shouldn't it.

I wouldn't usually mention anything like this but since you told me you're never wrong I can't help but look for mistakes in your posts, I find a lot TBH.

If I remember correctly 'too' can be replaced with 'very' or 'also', so in the instance, you are referring to 'to' is correct.  Anyone? 

You should be aware that I do make use of hyperbole and you should have a pinch of salt at the ready when reading my offerings.

By the way, it's 'I'm' not 'i'am' and don't forget to make use of question marks.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Watson said:

If I remember correctly 'too' can be replaced with 'very' or 'also', so in the instance, you are referring to 'to' is correct.  Anyone? 

You should be aware that I do make use of hyperbole and you should have a pinch of salt at the ready when reading my offerings.

By the way, it's 'I'm' not 'i'am' and don't forget to make use of question marks.

To is a preposition with several meanings eg. toward or until.

Too is an adverb which can mean excessively or also.

Sorry :ghoulguy:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Yes, I trust him. More importantly, I will continue to trust him when results turn against us. We're all on a bit of a high at the moment after 3 straight wins, but I'm realistic enough to see that the points have mostly come against 'weaker' sides and we've got much tougher challenges ahead. I've said before that it may take a couple of seasons to fully unwind ourselves from the mistakes of the last 2 or 3 years. Until we do, we're in a period of transition and I can see us scrapping for points rather than aiming for promotion. So I will continue to back Jos, recognising that making us a team fit for promotion is a longer term challenge which requires patience. There will be setbacks and I do worry that after a couple of bad results (bound to happen at some point) the boo-boys will be back. I won't be one of them.

I agree with what you say generally. Having said that how many times in the last 3 years have we been beaten by rubbish teams. It's been a truism that we raise our game against the Newcastles and Brightons but lose to any team that's on a bad run of defeats.

If Jos can get us beating the bottom end teams consistently we have a chance of moving forward.

4 hours ago, Watson said:

You just have to man up Watson and admit when you're wrong. In the context you used "to" you should have used "too" as you were indicating he was excessive in his defensive tactics, take it on the chin old man, you were wrong.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Spencerowl ltd - get it right 

GIVE ME MY TSHIRT

There is a nice prize for getting the music quiz correct 

No ones won it yet .........

"Spencerowl limited" .

You are bang on there mate.. 

Limited indeed ..........

lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

You just have to man up Watson and admit when you're wrong. In the context you used "to" you should have used "too" as you were indicating he was excessive in his defensive tactics, take it on the chin old man, you were wrong.

If it means so much to you I'll serve my penance by deleting Grammarly, I bow to your superior knowledge on the use of the word 'to'.  

Well done. 

• Haha 3