Are we trusting him yet?

I think we started while still getting used to the formation, that's what it felt like. I still feel we can be prone to playing the ball across the back but that's the tactic. It's not always pretty. Yet sometimes yesterday it was very pretty, some beautiful attacking moves. I'm starting to understanding what Jos is about. Starting to trust the plan. Very positive. Looking forward to bigger tests after the international break.

I will say...JP role is vital to Jos, especially giving BB more freedom to do what he does. 

28 minutes ago, Kermit Flump said:

Give it the next 7-10 games. That’ll tell us a lot more about Jos and his ability against the top sides in the league.

if we are pushing top 6 by the end of October, then we’ve been on a good run and whether Jos is a decent manager - especially as he’s getting towards a settled team and formation now that he seems to have faith in.

Absolutely. 

Typical early season over reaction - but BOTH ways. Poor start, but then 3 wins against teams at the bottom of the table.

Remember when League tables weren’t published until the 6th or so game of the season.

I prefer to support the team, not necessarily individuals. Very happy when we are doing well, concerned when not.

Only time will tell. 

I have been impressed with his off field vision, seems to see what most  fans do with regard to gaps in the squad and where we need to strengthen. 

He indicated a shift in reducing the squad age at the end of last season, so expected some casualties in our experienced players. Not popular with all but personally can buy into that vision.

My main issue was the reactive nature of team set up which seemed to confuse players,  we have now found a system and style of play the players are comfortable with, look much more competitive and picking up points .

Reflecting on the first few games, on the whole Jos has done well, pleased with league position, performances and recent results. 

Not had much to spend, but seems to recruit well, done an excellent job creating a sustainable pathway for academy players to play in the first team, we are starting to look like a team so on the whole, yes trust earned from me.

I think the Brentford game, his reaction to it and the players subsequent reaction to that are the key moments so far in his tenure. He gained alot of respect from alot of people (including the players I think) after that. Added to that João and Bannan signing new contracts and the loan signings in key areas, hes showing he's got a viable plan to try and take us forward.

I'm in.

Guest Willow Owl

After what he has had to put up with then yes 100%.

He's shown he can handle the big ego's at the club while also blooding youth, and there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. 

Top ten would be a good finish for me, anything else is a bonus. 

41 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Do you think we can get playoffs with Jos? I’m still unsure myself but agree he has he team organised and the players do seem to want to play for him, which did seem lacking under Carlos. 

if you arnt sure that he can get us to the play offs but think he as the team better organised and the players want to play for him which wasn't the case with carlos then how the feck did carlos get us to the play offs twice with more or less the same players ……

Need to remember it’s been against pretty moderate opposition so far this term.

..lets see how we get on agains the better teams.

We still look a bit shaky and JL still has a big job on his hands. 

Just think we do need one of two loaneees to stiffen the spine a bit but after a ropey start we are improving.

Yes trust him. Nothing fancy just a gets on with his job. Sure he will get things wrong as new to English football. What I like is that it seems to be all about the team not just 1 or 2 good players and the rest. Makes hard decisions by dropping players all this builds respect and discipline.

I think he’s doing a decent job and he’s had a sack of crap to deal with as well. He’s been pretty much fire-fighting for the most part by dealing with the many issues of the previous regime.

We have all got to get behind the bloke at all times. He’s getting the players fit and he’s bringing the young players through.

These next 7 games will be interesting as we have some tough fixtures coming up. I still think we are far from the finished article.

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if you arnt sure that he can get us to the play offs but think he as the team better organised and the players want to play for him which wasn't the case with carlos then how the feck did carlos get us to the play offs twice with more or less the same players ……

Having a organised team doesn’t really guarantee you play offs does it? 

50 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

^^ this. He seems to

have found some trust in those and the kids. Interesting problem (and a nice one) when Lee and Hooper come back. Will

he stick or twist?

Going to be interesting to see if he slots the loanees and the returning players in after the international break or goes with a winning side. Arguably could put Fletcher, FF, Lee, Hooper and two loanees in to "improve" on 6 of the starting 11. Don't think that's his style though

I’ve always backed him though admittedly I was wavering a lot at the start of the season following some bad performances, a lot of chopping and changing and some slightly baffling and monotonous interviews.

Looking at it now that was hopefully just a blip and the recent form coupled with the finish to last season do paint a pretty positive picture. His demeanour has lifted, and the loan signings are very positive ones IMO. And all this against a background of cost-cutting and crippling injuries. 

All things considered I think top half would be a good achievement this season; the next month or two will tell us a lot about whether we can aspire to higher.

How will we fare against the more fancied clubs like Stoke, WBA, Villa and Leeds?

Will the likes of Penney, Thorniley and Dawson maintain consistency?

How will he integrate the new signings, the players returning from injury, and the star names currently on the fringes of the first XI?

If we get positive answers to those questions then who knows, top 6 might not be so unrealistic after all. 

21 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Knives out ..

Credit in the Bank ...

Stick or Twist ..

I see you are enjoying the book of

"Sky Soccer Saturday Football Cliches"you got for your birthday ? 

lol

Hit the nail on the head. 

Oh bugger! 

• Haha 4

Still not convinced by him, to defensive minded for my liking, and worried by such comments by the fans that its good to see players like Matias and FF are tracking back and grafting.  For me, they should be used on the whole to attack to take the game to the opposition not helping out in defence so often.  

I am heartened by the two signings made both have a reputation for playing football and I wonder if has a plan to make us more dynamic going forward.  

He's made some bold decisions especially regarding Westwood and I can see both sides of the argument.  If It came down to me then I would pick Westwood for the now.  I can see Jos's logic that the two youngsters are the future in playing terms and as financial assets and now is the time to develop them. 

So its a mixed bag for me at the moment the next few games are going to test the club and we may get a more realistic view of where the club is heading this season.  

I also wonder if he is saving FF for the games coming up and that he is thinking ahead which if I'm right is a plus from me.

Whatever happens, I won't be calling for his head, he is making progress slowly and he should be given time to ram my words down my mouth.

• Haha 1