His name is Atdhe...

2 hours ago, Watson said:

Its also in our culture that we are very polite and respects peoples points of view even if we don't disagree with them.  I would you remind you that most posters have left school and have also left simplistic childish concepts behind. 

yet  some persist with them

Edited by hirstys_achilles

6 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Probably if certain fans weren't such dicks they they probably wouldn't be called simpletons now would they. Boot on other foot and glass houses springs to mind. The name Dave by the way is a total pi** take from a certain TV programme so lets be a little bit mature about who we call what.

Each to their own Dave....

:stuwinky:

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Genius comment. Have you ever seen a fanny (apart from on internet). Also your cryptic comment fails to identify the fannies. Are the people against calling Atdhe by his real name the fannies ?? Or just everyone who has posted on the thread (this includes you) How does a reyt fanny differ from just a fanny. Are you quoting the American version or English fanny. Pls don't answer I really not interested in your opinion after your post. It should not warrant a reply as my experience tells me nothing good will come from this but I think its only fair to give you something to think about if you considering posting similar posts again. 

Thank you for firmly (and fairly) putting me in my place.

PS. I remember seeing a fanny once in 1970. Looked like a kebab.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Big Dave has said himself he hasn’t got a problem, but people love to fake outrage on here.

Can guarantee if we were sat in the pub talking about it none of this fake outrage would exist 

People just wanna start arguments and debates simply for the hell of it 

This!!

It never ceases to amaze me how much time people seem to have to be offended on someone else's behalf.

Personally I find it bizarre.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

This!!

It never ceases to amaze me how much time people seem to have to be offended on someone else's behalf.

Personally I find it bizarre.

Its just virtue signalling.

18 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

You may as well use his real name. My opinion is its customary to use peoples real name. Dave is not funny and pointless apart from Atdhe disliking it. I sure other people find it strange that some will not stop calling him Dave. If you really must persist with it you may as well make up a different name for every player or sod it change teams name too as its obviously so funny and keeps you amused. I must admit its going to get my goat now even more than before when i hear Dave at matches. If tha'ts what you want to achieve then congratulations.

Put yer toys back in the pram soft lad.

As I stated earlier I don't call him Dave, but I also don't see the harm in others doing it.

It seems to me some people have to have faux outrage at any minor things these days, he himself said he wasn't keen on it BUT it wasn't a problem.

So if it's not to him why is to others?

To admit it "gets your goat" (really grow up) then call others childish. Jesus the irony.

But your entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to call him Big Dave. 

In all honesty it's a lot better than alot of other things he's been called during his time here.

Anyway I'm saying no more on it, just seems a pointless discussion to me.

Let's concentrate on the important business, of hopefully watching our team win football matches. UTO!

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

So how did Dave do then when he came on?

Not a lot. Bob, Derek and Frank were the pick of the bunch.

3 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Put yer toys back in the pram soft lad.

As I stated earlier I don't call him Dave, but I also don't see the harm in others doing it.

It seems to me some people have to have faux outrage at any minor things these days, he himself said he wasn't keen on it BUT it wasn't a problem.

So if it's not to him why is to others?

To admit it "gets your goat" (really grow up) then call others childish. Jesus the irony.

But your entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to call him Big Dave. 

In all honesty it's a lot better than alot of other things he's been called during his time here.

Anyway I'm saying no more on it, just seems a pointless discussion to me.

Let's concentrate on the important business, of hopefully watching our team win football matches. UTO!

It gets my goat more when posts are made that have no relevance to the point being made or are totally misinterpreted for excuses to put someone down. Ie toys prams and soft lad. As you say everyone to their own, but only if you can have the last word belittling someone. Great ! The dave issue has not caused me any outrage. I find it outrageous certain replies that are senseless. As for grow up I wont lower myself to comment.

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2018 at 18:03, Hookowl said:

I presume if you're a Dave you like to be called Dave, if so you shouldn't find it offensive that Atdhe likes to be called Atdhe.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Daizan10
  • Haha 2