His name is Atdhe...

His name is Atdhe.  He doesn't like being called Dave. 

http://the72.co.uk/95216/atdhe-nuhiu-not-like-called-big-dave/

Still people on here call him Dave.  Still people at the match, who want to encourage him even,  call him Dave. 

I think it is hugely disrespectful. 

Atdhe isn't difficult to say.  'At dee' or 'Atti' seem acceptable.

Get your act together chaps and ladies please. 

BTW I have been a fierce critic of his in the past but TBF I can't fault his effort and under Jos his very positive contribution to the team. Let's show our support and respect. 

It's not banter if he finds it offensive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, steveger said:

I shall carry on calling him Big Dave.

No problem.

Its a problem for him as he obviously finds it disrespectful. It gets my goat too. He doesn't like it so any self respecting person should be able to consider his feelings and call him by his proper name. Because he has stated his dislike for the admittedly harmless nickname to carry on calling him 'dave' is almost a dig at him that antagonises him and supporters who carry on regardless of his feelings. Reminds me of middle school and the way kids behave.

22 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Its a problem for him as he obviously finds it disrespectful. It gets my goat too. He doesn't like it so any self respecting person should be able to consider his feelings and call him by his proper name. Because he has stated his dislike for the admittedly harmless nickname to carry on calling him 'dave' is almost a dig at him that antagonises him and supporters who carry on regardless of his feelings. Reminds me of middle school and the way kids behave.

Well if Dave, I mean Adthe, finds the name disrespectful, then I'll never call it him again.

Not very often, anyway. :manager:

If I were called Adthe I'd be glad to be called Dave.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Well if Dave, I mean Adthe, finds the name disrespectful, then I'll never call it him again.

Not very often, anyway. :manager:

If I were called Adthe I'd be glad to be called Dave.

I would not be upset by the nickname. He don't like it so i don't call it him. Different people have different personalities. It's not difficult to respect that. Perhaps only use it when he had a really bad game as it got to hurt his feeling less than w@nk£r.

Posted at same time as the tw@@tty comment.

Edited by hirstys_achilles
timing

40 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

He's still Big Dave to me....

Cheers anyway...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, steveger said:

Not really, just says I can't be bothered to call him by his real name that's all, I really don't mind....

Not really an issue for myself to be honest, i'm comfortable with it..

Steveger is comfortable insulting our players so we're all good. Great stuff, nice one pal 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Reminds me of that song by The Ting Tings.

They call me Dave,

They call me Dave,

They call me Dave,

They call me Dave,

That's not my name,

That's not my name,

That's not my name,

That's not my name.

Ha ha I wont sleep now having that bloody song in my head !! 

• Like 1