His name is Atdhe...

On 26/08/2018 at 19:10, ka58 said:

But he didn’t say it was disrespectful or insulting - so why are you being offended on his behalf?

Lol this comment sums up this entire thread to me. Absolutely pathetic really, people getting offended when there is nothing to get offended about. Nuhiu isn't even offended so why are others!? If you take offense at people calling him big Dave instead of his real name then you need more in your life, i'm sorry but you really do. The world's gone mad.

FFS.

10 hours ago, steveger said:

Not half as much when our fellow Wednesday fans call other Wednesday fans "mongos".

Just because someone is a Wednesday fan doesn't mean I have to like them, we have some of the biggest mongos in the country supporting us. In fact I have mates who are pigs that I would rather spend time with than some of the Wednesday lot I know.

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Just because someone is a Wednesday fan doesn't mean I have to like them, we have some of the biggest mongos in the country supporting us. In fact I have mates who are pigs that I would rather spend time with than some of the Wednesday lot I know.

Get yer off to the stain then...sithee

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Why.

Because some people can't understand that their sense of humour and culture might just be different from someone from the other side of Europe?  For someone 'humour' to work the other person needs to be on the same page.  It just comes across as shop floor, factory or down mine culture but just random everywhere else.

Whats it got to do with the state of the state of the country?  Cos people don't think the same as you. wow, just, wow

Because, in trying to defend/persuade your position with regard to how insulting it is to call him Big Dave, you insult other people. People that go to southern Spain, enjoy a cooked breakfast and drink John Smiths.

I’m a Florence and Venice man personally, I’ve only been to Spain skiing. But if I did, and enjoyed a cooked breakfast and John Smiths - what’s it to do with anyone else?

Quite how the two are analogous, I have no idea. 

Liberal society (supposedly) expousing perverse values, are exactly why this country is going down the crapper.

And your post was simply perverse.

Read OP, read some responses. Not read the rest. Person does not like being called a name, asks to be called by actual name, yes this should be done. End of. How can this be a debate? He doesn't like it, just stop it. I used it as a nickname not in a really bad way, but if he doesn't like it then just stop.

17 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Care to explain?

Mongo was a pejorative term used to describe people with downs (in my younger days).

Thank goodness society has moved on since then.

And, in any event, even if you didn’t know that, it was an attempt to insult people.

You don’t maintain the higher ground, persuade people or, win an argument, by insulting people.

In this thread, so far, we’ve had posters;

1) Being disrespectful to people by claiming that people that go to Southern Spain, drink John Smiths and enjoy a cooked breakfast are common/boorish and are likely candidates to call Nuhui “Dave”.

2) People that call it him, are M0ngs (the swear filter is now picking this insult up - good).

3) And, that it’s acceptable to have an Avatar of a white person with a blacked up face wearing a turban (unless I’m mistaken).

Yet lecture people - via insults - as to what is acceptable.

No wonder this country is going down the crapper.

You can’t make some of this up.

Edited by ReadingOwl

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It just comes across as shop floor, factory or down mine culture but just random everywhere else.

I worked with blokes down the mine that had a much better sense of justice and moral values than you.

And, I reckon most of them left school at 16.

Your sense of elitism/snobbishness is perverse and completely misjudged.

Southern Spain, cooked breakfast and John Smiths - all call Nuhui Dave.

Wow 

Yes, this country is going completely down the crapper considering the rational and the level of debate in this thread.

14AD89AD-E3F1-4EAB-A5F7-E4DFCCB41998.jpeg

BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I worked with blokes down the mine that had a much better sense of justice and moral values than you.

And, I reckon most of them left school at 16.

Your sense of elitism/snobbishness is perverse and completely misjudged.

Southern Spain, cooked breakfast and John Smiths - all call Nuhui Dave.

Wow 

Yes, this country is going completely down the crapper considering the rational and the level of debate in this thread.

14AD89AD-E3F1-4EAB-A5F7-E4DFCCB41998.jpeg

A massive amount of assumptions and fallacies there.  Not the best premise for a debate. 

10 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! BIG DAVE! 

See you in southern Spain next week..full English brekkie and a pint..is on me :stuwinky: