His name is Atdhe...

22 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

OMG my opinion means nothing. Its Atdhe who who doesn't like it and I find it disrespectful when people call him by it because they know he not keen. Children call people names that they know people don't like. Yes there are bigger issues in the world but this is a forum about swfc. People who carry on using Dave as his nickname are showing a lack of empathy. Some of the comments on here are so stupid its not worth explaining.  I like the funny posts. But when people say they know he not like it but they cant find an issue so they will carry on is childish in my opinion. 

Christ Big Dave isn't really offensive is it. 

Me and most of my mates call another of my mates fat lad, I'm sure he's not overjoyed with it but he takes it in good humour in the context its meant.

Some people are overly sensitive, don't let it worry you, I'm sure Big Dave - I mean Atty doesn't.

BTW I don't normally use it, I just dont see the problem.

Edited by OWL1969

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Our fans are a disgrace, 4 months ago they were all licking his a*se hole but now they can't wait to abuse him again. Some of the comments at Brentford were horrendous. I cringe when our mongos call him Dave/Nuhui/Nuhu/Newi

So you cringe (really?) when people call him Dave, but also cringe when people try to call him by his surname but can't pronounce it.

Jesus wept, it's not even offensive.

2 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Christ Big Dave isn't really offensive is it. 

Me and most of my mates call another of my mates fat lad, I'm sure he's not overjoyed with it but he takes it in good humour in the context its meant.

Some people are overly sensitive, don't let it worry you, I'm sure Big Dave - I mean Atty doesn't.

You missed my point totally. What you and your mates call each other has no bearing on this at all. My opinion is its harmless too. But my opinion and anyone else opinion has nothing to do with this. Atdhe is proud of his name and prefers people to use it rather than Dave. Over sensitive or not that is his feeling. Its not hard to take this into consideration. Or is it ??

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

You missed my point totally. What you and your mates call each other has no bearing on this at all. My opinion is its harmless too. But my opinion and anyone else opinion has nothing to do with this. Atdhe is proud of his name and prefers people to use it rather than Dave. Over sensitive or not that is his feeling. Its not hard to take this into consideration. Or is it ??

You miss the point, I'm sure he's not really bothered, read somewhere he said he wasn't keen on it, but it's not a problem. 

Your entitled to your opinion but to me Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

Edited by OWL1969

4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Our fans are a disgrace, 4 months ago they were all licking his a*se hole but now they can't wait to abuse him again. Some of the comments at Brentford were horrendous. I cringe when our mongos call him Dave/Nuhui/Nuhu/Newi

Not half as much when our fellow Wednesday fans call other Wednesday fans "mongos".

2 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

You miss the point, I'm sure he's not really bothered, read somewhere he said he wasn't keen on it, but it's not a problem. 

Your entitled to your opinion but to me Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

You may as well use his real name. My opinion is its customary to use peoples real name. Dave is not funny and pointless apart from Atdhe disliking it. I sure other people find it strange that some will not stop calling him Dave. If you really must persist with it you may as well make up a different name for every player or sod it change teams name too as its obviously so funny and keeps you amused. I must admit its going to get my goat now even more than before when i hear Dave at matches. If tha'ts what you want to achieve then congratulations.

7 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

You may as well use his real name. My opinion is its customary to use peoples real name. Dave is not funny and pointless apart from Atdhe disliking it. I sure other people find it strange that some will not stop calling him Dave. If you really must persist with it you may as well make up a different name for every player or sod it change teams name too as its obviously so funny and keeps you amused. I must admit its going to get my goat now even more than before when i hear Dave at matches. If tha'ts what you want to achieve then congratulations.

It's not customary to use people's real name though is it.....it is customary that the vast majority of males in their 20's and 30's are called by some sort of nickname or different version of their name

Well now someone has altered the thread title. 

It wasn't me.

It's sad that someone would do that either for 'a laugh' or because they don't agree with the OP. 

I've posted on another thread in Owlstalk information to find out how that has happened. 

It's clear people have different opinions about what it's OK to call Atdhe.

If it's OK to edit thread titles and possibly other people's posts?  Then that's a different ball game,  isn't it?

Edited by Rev Owl

The only people who call him Dave are the ones that go to the south of Spain to sample their fried breakfasts and warm John Smiths.  Also this is their only time traveling south of Chesterfield.

And call their work mate Trevor, when it's not even his name and don't think it matters what their real name is.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

It's not customary to use people's real name though is it.....it is customary that the vast majority of males in their 20's and 30's are called by some sort of nickname or different version of their name

What people you don't know from halfway across Europe?

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 04:39, WTF said:

Steveger is comfortable insulting our players so we're all good. Great stuff, nice one pal 

Unfortunately mate, that's the level of intelligence and 'couldn't give a f**k attitude' on here at times.

A year ago he said it wasn’t a problem and now people are pretending to be offended about something on his behalf.

very odd behaviour.

8 hours ago, steveger said:

Not half as much when our fellow Wednesday fans call other Wednesday fans "mongos".

Probably if certain fans weren't such dicks they they probably wouldn't be called simpletons now would they. Boot on other foot and glass houses springs to mind. The name Dave by the way is a total pi** take from a certain TV programme so lets be a little bit mature about who we call what.

38 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Absolute no suprise at the usual suspects having a problem with basic respect. 

Do you think supporters call him ‘Big Dave’ in an effort to upset him or to show him a lack of respect?

Or is it merely a term of endearment?

Does Barry’s Nannan actually have a caravan? - and, did Carlton actually smoke marijuana?

Maybe the Club should get in touch with Lord Ousely - ‘Kick nicknames or invented scenarios, out of football’ - even affectionate ones.

The faux outrage is getting a bit silly now.

14 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I cringe when our mongos call him Dave/Nuhui/Nuhu/Newi

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The only people who call him Dave are the ones that go to the south of Spain to sample their fried breakfasts and warm John Smiths.  Also this is their only time traveling south of Chesterfield.

Wow, just Wow.

No wonder this country is going completely down the crapper.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

Wow, just Wow.

No wonder this country is going completely down the crapper.

Why.

Because some people can't understand that their sense of humour and culture might just be different from someone from the other side of Europe?  For someone 'humour' to work the other person needs to be on the same page.  It just comes across as shop floor, factory or down mine culture but just random everywhere else.

Whats it got to do with the state of the state of the country?  Cos people don't think the same as you. wow, just, wow

• Like 1