What a night for this lad...

43 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Terrific to see. Just wish we had done this sort of thing a couple of years earlier.

perhaps 2 years ago there wasn't anyone ready  for the 1st team …...players like desireuwe ,Rodney,young,havilland etc etc havnt really made a name for themselves when they moved on . 

If it wasn’t for money or personal reasons or whatever, the two who shall not be named wouldve been in an ideal place for playing regular championship football over the next couple of seasons. Good to see we are trying to fast track a few others, but a loan might suit some of them.

Edited by Bluesteel

Interesting I thought.

He knocked 2 or 3 first time , forward passes which I thought demonstrated why Jos likes him.

Obviously he was nervous, gave it away at times but he looked a good footballer who plays with his head up.

And he looks about 12

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If it wasn’t for money or personal reasons or whatever, the two who shall not be named wouldve been in an ideal place for playing regular championship football over the next couple of seasons. Good to see we are trying to fast track a few others, but a loan might suit some of them.

I know if I was Hirst and Clares age I'd want to be playing football. The lads who got their head down and worked hard are now getting their reward. Hirst and Clare would possibly/probably have  started last night and if they continued developing could have been Championship regulars by May. Then they could command higher wages and transfer fees. I can't help thinking of Haydn White who was progressing well but followed the money to Bolton. Now a journeyman footballer at Mansfield Town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

I am talking generally about introduction of youth players over time. Generally helps to use common sense on here. Try it sometime.

Get a grip lad...or a sense of humour. Christ there’s proper things to get upset about these days no a bit of humour on OT.

• Like 1