Guardian - George & David Hirst

13 minutes ago, Kameron said:

But he's not playing for Leicester or any other English club. 

...yet.

Maybe you're right and this isn't a way to get him to Leicester City via the backdoor, though.

Maybe George Hirst really did fancy a move away from the Championship to the Belgian second tier.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kameron

It's not Leicester fault we turned down a very reasonable offer at a time when contact talks were stalling.  Once out of contract Hirst was free to choose the best offer that came his way, that has nothing to do with SWFC.  He goes abroad SWFC get 150K, he stays in the UK and SWFC could receive 2.5 million maximum.  If he continues scoring at the rate he has done previously then he could quite easily end up elsewhere, if he flops Leicester won't be interested.  I don't get the bitterness or conspiracy, players come and go, we couldn't agree a deal so he left he won't be the first or the last.

Just now, Watson said:

Seriously? 

By posing this question you show you have absolutely no clue

footballers in the main are paid well have homes and good lifestyles and have the freedom to pick and choose where they go 

victims of modern slavery (carries a maximum term of life imprisonment for the offender) are poor vulnerable bullied and intimidated and have no choices and some are subjected to terrible crimes. They are often trafficked without their consent 

Cant think of two more lifestyles poles apart 

So yes .......seriously 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a loophole in that Leicester aren't paying what an English League Club should be paying under the governence in place for transfers of players between English League sides.

Which given the two clubs have the same ownership is pretty much a loophole.

One that will only be clarified if the lad "Moves" to Leicester in the next 18 months.

this isn't the first or second time said club has played loopholes in the system 

pathetic and they'll get away with 

Just now, stevenbrookseyowl said:

By posing this question you show you have absolutely no clue

footballers in the main are paid well have homes and good lifestyles and have the freedom to pick and choose where they go 

victims of modern slavery (carries a maximum term of life imprisonment for the offender) are poor vulnerable bullied and intimidated and have no choices and some are subjected to terrible crimes. They are often trafficked without their consent 

Cant think of two more lifestyles poles apart 

So yes .......seriously 

I was being flippant.  God help us. 

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

It's not Leicester fault we turned down a very reasonable offer at a time when contact talks were stalling.  Once out of contract Hirst was free to choose the best offer that came his way, that has nothing to do with SWFC.  He goes abroad SWFC get 150K, he stays in the UK and SWFC could receive 2.5 million maximum.  If he continues scoring at the rate he has done previously then he could quite easily end up elsewhere, if he flops Leicester won't be interested.  I don't get the bitterness or conspiracy, players come and go, we couldn't agree a deal so he left he won't be the first or the last.

Do you have any theories as to why Premier League moneybags Leicester City, who were clearly interested enough in signing George Hirst to have made such a 'reasonable' offer only six months earlier, wouldn't have offered better terms than Belgian second tier side OH Leuven?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Do you have any theories as to why Premier League moneybags Leicester City, who were clearly interested enough in signing George Hirst to have made such a 'reasonable' offer only six months earlier, wouldn't have offered better terms than Belgian second tier side OH Leuven?

tumblr_mg61nl5wdu1qgf1i8o1_250.gif

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I would imagine his wages will be no different considering who owns both clubs and also considering the fact he's ended up there for what will be a minimal fee.  I don't doubt for a minute he'll be Leicester bound if he does well, or somewhere bigger if he does extremely well.  The point I'm making Is that Leicester didn't set out to screw us over for the fee, the Leicester owners announced the buyout of OH Leuven in May 2017, at the end of August 2017 the press were reporting an improved offer of 2 million which was rejected by SWFC, had we accepted the offer we get a 2 million fee and hopefully some add on clauses built in, SWFC deemed the offer unacceptable.  If they had wanted to screw us over why put in the 2 million bid and risk it being accepted? 

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

I would imagine his wages will be no different considering who owns both clubs and also considering the fact he's ended up there for what will be a minimal fee.  I don't doubt for a minute he'll be Leicester bound if he does well, or somewhere bigger if he does extremely well.  The point I'm making Is that Leicester didn't set out to screw us over for the fee, the Leicester owners announced the buyout of OH Leuven in May 2017, at the end of August 2017 the press were reporting an improved offer of 2 million which was rejected by SWFC, had we accepted the offer we get a 2 million fee and hopefully some add on clauses built in, SWFC deemed the offer unacceptable.  If they had wanted to screw us over why put in the 2 million bid and risk it being accepted? 

Perhaps we weren't happy with the offer or wanted him to stay, so we rejected it, I don't know how the club could know that Leicester had a plan in place (OH Leuven) in case of that? It's not like we forced them to use OH Leuven as a way to avoid paying a fee  > 2 mill, we just rejected a bid for our player