The Wednesday Tap at Tramlines

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

But once you have everyone in the ground, you can kind of charge more than every where else.

Look at when you go to the arena for a show £4,50 for a pint of watery fosters, you would not buy it but you don't have a chose.

What are you on about FFS. The reason you go to the arena is to see the event, there is no other alternative it is a completely captive audience. Getting people into the ground for an event that can be watched (for free) in thousands of other locations is the issue, not to mention the associated costs to the club.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Tried to get in earlier and I kid you not it’s closed all weekend

WTF:

Summat to do with catering in the park,

15 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Literally couldn’t organise a p*ss up in a brewery.????:picnic:

If the Wednesday Tap are running a bar at Tramlines in the park,I would wager that they will make more profit in the

three days of the event than they normally make in three weeks.:rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Guest Maxine
18 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

If the Wednesday Tap are running a bar at Tramlines in the park,I would wager that they will make more profit in the

three days of the event than they normally make in three weeks.:rolleyes:

Stop talking sense lol

On 19/07/2018 at 13:20, room0035 said:

You mean like recently there was a world cup on that was live on normal tv and not one of the local clubs though we could hire a big scream, sell tickets at a £5 and beer at £4 a pint and make a killing with 7 games in 6 weeks.

Watching the game in a football stadium would have given it a different feel and atmosphere and we could have easily got  thousands each game as we progressed this figure would have risen and how many beers does the average person drink in 90 minutes plus of football anywhere from 3 to 7 pints, other than the hire of a big screen tv and a few stewards what would have been the cost to the club and on beer sales alone they would have made us thousands.

But didn't do it so the local pubs got all the profit instead and the ones near me were packed for every game not just the England games.

Friendlys, under 21 games both internationally and at club level, women’s football all have low attendances. Watching an international on a big screen in a half empty stadium would be a very soulless place even if tickets are free.

watching these kind of games is all about getting caught up in the atmosphere busy sporting pubs or your local or at a festival like place ( how did that work out for the big one they did on that field) 

nice idead but I bet it would flop with huge losses 

Are there any actually sources or facts to demonstrate that Wednesday are running a bar at Tramlines, that the club will actually profit from?  Or is that hopeful speculation?

Big missed opportunity if the club aren’t doing anything when there is a huge festival going off over the road.

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Didn’t see anything. I did pay £4.80 for a can of Red stripe though

:duntmatter:

More fool you,.cudnt think f owt worse than being stuck in a field listening to crap music by bands you’ve never heard of and paying 4.80 for a can of lager...bet it wer 440ml n all :carlos:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

Are there any actually sources or facts to demonstrate that Wednesday are running a bar at Tramlines, that the club will actually profit from?  Or is that hopeful speculation?

Big missed opportunity if the club aren’t doing anything when there is a huge festival going off over the road.

No thornbridge bar at Tramlines. 

Amazing it's closed, was thinking of popping there tomorrow too 

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

More fool you,.cudnt think f owt worse than being stuck in a field listening to crap music by bands you’ve never heard of and paying 4.80 for a can of lager...bet it wer 440ml n all :carlos:

£5 a pint of amstel lol

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Haha..so pleased I don’t try and be cool and hip anymore by attending these none events :luhukay:

Tbf it's bang on this year, event wise. 

Same arctic monkeys event didn't work out there 

On 19/07/2018 at 13:20, room0035 said:

You mean like recently there was a world cup on that was live on normal tv and not one of the local clubs though we could hire a big scream, sell tickets at a £5 and beer at £4 a pint and make a killing with 7 games in 6 weeks.

Watching the game in a football stadium would have given it a different feel and atmosphere and we could have easily got  thousands each game as we progressed this figure would have risen and how many beers does the average person drink in 90 minutes plus of football anywhere from 3 to 7 pints, other than the hire of a big screen tv and a few stewards what would have been the cost to the club and on beer sales alone they would have made us thousands.

But didn't do it so the local pubs got all the profit instead and the ones near me were packed for every game not just the England games.

3-7 pints in 90 minutes !! Blimey , that’s some supping I reckon !! . Suppose most beer would have got chucked all over shop when England scored though !! . Personally I was too busy watching the games .

• Haha 1

Some people showing that not only do they know naff all about football but they also know naff all about music.

last night tramlines was superb, Millburn, Everything Everything and Stereophonis were spot on.

today promises to be as good if not better, looking forward to Reverend, Coasts and Noel Gallagher.

9 minutes ago, Tank_owl said:

Some people showing that not only do they know naff all about football but they also know naff all about music.

last night tramlines was superb, Millburn, Everything Everything and Stereophonis were spot on.

today promises to be as good if not better, looking forward to Reverend, Coasts and Noel Gallagher.

^^^^^^ this 100%. Brilliant time last night n loads more to come.

16 minutes ago, Tank_owl said:

I was genuinely surprised at just how good the set up in the Park was last night. For once Sheffield has pulled it off. 

Edited by BIG D