The Wednesday Tap at Tramlines

As unlikely that it is that we would miss a chance to make a few bob (not a lot in the grand scheme of things I know) but I haven't see any advertising anywhere?

The Riverside Cafe is all over it, shouldn't Wednesday be? Outside bar just under the main entrance? Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle?

I'll be popping in anyway.

22 minutes ago, BIG D said:

As unlikely that it is that we would miss a chance to make a few bob (not a lot in the grand scheme of things I know) but I haven't see any advertising anywhere?

The Riverside Cafe is all over it, shouldn't Wednesday be? Outside bar just under the main entrance? Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle?

I'll be popping in anyway.

You mean like recently there was a world cup on that was live on normal tv and not one of the local clubs though we could hire a big scream, sell tickets at a £5 and beer at £4 a pint and make a killing with 7 games in 6 weeks.

Watching the game in a football stadium would have given it a different feel and atmosphere and we could have easily got  thousands each game as we progressed this figure would have risen and how many beers does the average person drink in 90 minutes plus of football anywhere from 3 to 7 pints, other than the hire of a big screen tv and a few stewards what would have been the cost to the club and on beer sales alone they would have made us thousands.

But didn't do it so the local pubs got all the profit instead and the ones near me were packed for every game not just the England games.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You mean like recently there was a world cup on that was live on normal tv and not one of the local clubs though we could hire a big scream, sell tickets at a £5 and beer at £4 a pint and make a killing with 7 games in 6 weeks.

Watching the game in a football stadium would have given it a different feel and atmosphere and we could have easily got  thousands each game as we progressed this figure would have risen and how many beers does the average person drink in 90 minutes plus of football anywhere from 3 to 7 pints, other than the hire of a big screen tv and a few stewards what would have been the cost to the club and on beer sales alone they would have made us thousands.

But didn't do it so the local pubs got all the profit instead and the ones near me were packed for every game not just the England games.

Far better watching it in the pub, what the club would pay in policing probably wouldn't make it worth it.

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Far better watching it in the pub, what the club would pay in policing probably wouldn't make it worth it.

All the places on tv in Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Croydon didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart. They saw a way to make some money and also watch the footy.

This is not a snipe at the Owls no one did it locally until the semi final and now the local council want a parade for losing in the semi-final. 

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Tbf you wouldn’t get thousands turning up to pay £4 a pint and £5 entrance when you can just go to boozer who have happy hours running through matches at World Cup etc. Way cheaper and better atmosphere. 

Just now, robowl4life said:

Tbf you wouldn’t get thousands turning up to pay £4 a pint and £5 entrance when you can just go to boozer who have happy hours running through matches at World Cup etc. Way cheaper and better atmosphere. 

But once you have everyone in the ground, you can kind of charge more than every where else.

Look at when you go to the arena for a show £4,50 for a pint of watery fosters, you would not buy it but you don't have a chose.

Just now, room0035 said:

But once you have everyone in the ground, you can kind of charge more than every where else.

Look at when you go to the arena for a show £4,50 for a pint of watery fosters, you would not buy it but you don't have a chose.

I do... cos the boozers are showing the match too. Unlike where you don’t have a choice in an arena. 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Went to hotel Football bar at old Trafford the other week. EVERYTHING the Wednesday tap could and should have been. 

If Wednesday were Man Utd and the hotel - bar backers were multi millionaires with guaranteed customers in the bar 365 days per year.

Yeah, it could have been but the budget and setting is a bit more modest.

At least the Tap has the better quality beer.

42 minutes ago, room0035 said:

All the places on tv in Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Croydon didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart. They saw a way to make some money and also watch the footy.

This is not a snipe at the Owls no one did it locally until the semi final and now the local council want a parade for losing in the semi-final. 

Think you are getting mixed up. Leeds Newcastle etc were council venues and yes they did it out of the goodness of their council budgets. Others like Croydon were commercial efforts like asheffield Walkabout and Leadmill.

Which of the 92 football clubs put it on? It didn't make any commercial sense.

59 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Think you are getting mixed up. Leeds Newcastle etc were council venues and yes they did it out of the goodness of their council budgets. Others like Croydon were commercial efforts like asheffield Walkabout and Leadmill.

Which of the 92 football clubs put it on? It didn't make any commercial sense.

But when you are struggling the way we are financial with FFP we need to start thinking out of the box, for ways to generate additional revenue as clearly with only 2 players leaving so far, getting the squad drainers of the books is not proving easy. I was reading yesterday that when some of the cricket clubs lost test cricket and the revenue they organised pop concerts at the stadium to cover the lost income, maybe an idea for us but with Tramlines highly unlikely. But with no big pre season friendlies we seem to have missed the boat again. I also see inter Milan are bring a full strength team to play the Blades, how nice it would have been for that to be us.

I see nothing came from the Adbi to Grasshopper Zurich rumour, the Fletcher to Greece rumour. Both would have been great for us instead we will continue to pay them a fortune to watch the games from the stands for another season. 

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

If Wednesday were Man Utd and the hotel - bar backers were multi millionaires with guaranteed customers in the bar 365 days per year.

Yeah, it could have been but the budget and setting is a bit more modest.

At least the Tap has the better quality beer.

Agree beer is better but the decor could have been as hotel Football rather than a function room with a few pictures 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

The local didn't charge £5 nor did my mate for his BB plus he fed us for nowt.  

25 minutes ago, Watson said:

The local didn't charge £5 nor did my mate for his BB plus he fed us for nowt.  

Look just looking at many ways for the club to increase revenue and maybe help out with the FFP issue. If attending a few games at Hillsborough paying £5 and beer there for the England games, helps us avoid issues with FFP, then I would happily forgo my favourate chair in the local. Add a few more ideas and they could soon start adding up.

Man Utd have the rugby league at their ground in the summer when its not being used for football presumably to bring revenue in, its just trying to thing of new things instead of pinning it all on expensive tickets and merchandise for the fans.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Look just looking at many ways for the club to increase revenue and maybe help out with the FFP issue. If attending a few games at Hillsborough paying £5 and beer there for the England games, helps us avoid issues with FFP, then I would happily forgo my favourate chair in the local. Add a few more ideas and they could soon start adding up.

Man Utd have the rugby league at their ground in the summer when its not being used for football presumably to bring revenue in, its just trying to thing of new things instead of pinning it all on expensive tickets and merchandise for the fans.

Nice idea but I think thats all it is.

But keep coming up with the suggestions, you might save the club yet.