Hutchinson at CB

For me great players are the ones that actually play well regularly, that’s 30/40 games a season sadly hutch is not in that category as a midfielder. I’d see if he can manage it at Centre half and if not move him on. The same could be said of a few of our players at the moment. Players who are only available 15/20 games a season are no use to us, whoever they are.

56 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

The player who Chelsea highlighted as being the next John Terry before his injury hit. Only on Owlstalk could we say he's a liability in that position.

Luckily he hasn't turned out anything like that tw*t Terry.

FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

For me great players are the ones that actually play well regularly, that’s 30/40 games a season sadly hutch is not in that category as a midfielder. I’d see if he can manage it at Centre half and if not move him on. The same could be said of a few of our players at the moment. Players who are only available 15/20 games a season are no use to us, whoever they are.

not easy to move on players who can only manage 15/20 games a season ….I know of only one club who signs players of that ilk on a regular basis .

It depends who is at the side of him. Thankfully Loovens has gone. He made so many decent players look bad as they had to cover for his terrible positioning and ball awareness. 

Hutchinson did well at cb for a midfield player and alongside bad players. He's shown a return to his violent methods which is worrying. On his return toy the team afuer being out for a long time he got booked in the first minute. It must have been a terrible tackle to get booked so early. 

He must demonstrate he's in control of himself. Personally I think he likes hurting people. He's an over the top player, a leg breaker and those players have right to be in the game. Players like Peter Reid and Souness like hurting and were vile players. I'm not putting Hutchinson in their league. 

Hutchinson doesn't mistime he deliberately goes in over the top. 

I think we are better off without that kind of player as they cost you matches. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Theres less running at cb, dont think hes ever been injured there for us and gets less cards, could easily match or improve on venancio there and offer better leadership.

Probably finished as a season long 90min cm tho, especially in a middle 2, would just keep suffering setbacks and getting cards imo.

Wouldn't be too sure about that, what about going up for corners, covering for wing backs etc 

22 hours ago, brian joicey said:

even though it's his natural position ,the one he was schooled in at chelsea ????

it's a natural move for me, it will prolong his career for sure 

This for sure!

He’s been given a second chance , CB gives him more games and a longer career than CM!