Hutchinson at CB

Has Bully been telling Jos how well Hutch played at CB at the start of the season before last?

Advantages are:

- Its less physically demanding and so he should have less chance of getting injured

- He got far fewer bookings when playing there than as a ball winner further up the pitch

- He's got a great football brain and sniffs out danger there

- In the middle of a back three he could really bring the ball out well like Stones in the WC

I think the only real reason we moved him back to CM (against Fulham away wasn't it?) is that we had no one else who could do his job in CM, but now we have Pelupessy.

So isn't it time to give this a try? 

His original position at Chelsea and never let Wednesday down when he's played there. Seems to have a calmer attitude when playing centre half because he understands the extra responsibility he carries. Capable on the ball too - more and more important these days. Able to bring the ball out and set up plays. It 's a yes from me.

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be nervous every time he went for a tackle that he was gonna give away a penalty tho

even though it's his natural position ,the one he was schooled in at chelsea ????

it's a natural move for me, it will prolong his career for sure 

Edited by brian joicey

Just now, wilfsmith said:

His original position at Chelsea and never let Wednesday down when he's played there. Seems to have a calmer attitude when playing centre half because he understands the extra responsibility he carries. Capable on the ball too - more and more important these days. Able to bring the ball out and set up plays. It 's a yes from me.

And if he was captain as well, jobs a good 'un!

• Thanks 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

He should be played in a back three, perfect for him to bring the ball out, Won't get injured as much either as less twisting and turning and can see game in front of him.

Hutch is far less reckless when playing at centre back. When he’s played there for us I get the impression that he is playing a level or so beneath his true ability as he makes it look so easy. 

I much prefer Hutch in mid-field but given the fact that we have now lost Loovens and Venancio it does leave us light at centre back and with us playing 3 there, I think at this moment it would be sensible to play Hutch there and then have Pelupessey and Bannan in the middle of the park.

Also Hutch is probably the second best centre back we have at the club behind Lees.

Can people really see Hutch playing anymore than 20 games in a season, for us to be truly successful this season we need a back line and keeper to develop an understanding, we saw under Carlos how many silly goals we conceded when he was changing the back line every game, when we settle on the same 4 week in week out we kept clean sheets.

Hutch is not available for the whole season, is to reckless in the challenge and get draw out of position too often in midfield, he is able to play like this in central midfield but in central defense he will regularly concede penalties for diving in and simple we have better options to play there.

For me its central midfield or on the bench as cover.