The 1990's Forestieri

No wonder people say we’re deluded. Saying a good championship player in ff who was deemed not good enough for the premiership by Watford is better than an at the time good premiership player is ridiculous. It’s up there with the Kieran Lee and Tom lees are good enough to be in the England squad statements.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 14:54, robswfc said:

More like 1990's Coutinho tbh. Brilliant as Forestieri is, Carbone was way better

I think we forget:

1 We're in the Second Divison

2 We signed Foresteri from Watford, not Inter Milan

3 When Carbone was at Napoli he played in Marradona's No 10 shirt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Carbone#Return_to_Torino,_transfer_to_Napoli

Interesting article here from a couple of years ago about Italian players in the Premier League.

It makes you wonder if Forestieri would have played in the Premier League of Carbone's era, and likewise if there would be a place for Carbone in today's Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/29/italy-football-premier-league-gianfranco-zola-mario-balotelli-roberto-di-matteo-rome

5 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

I think we forget:

1 We're in the Second Divison

2 We signed Foresteri from Watford, not Inter Milan

3 When Carbone was at Napoli he played in Marradona's No 10 shirt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Carbone#Return_to_Torino,_transfer_to_Napoli

Christ I've read it all now.......player x is brilliant because he wore the same number as player Y who was also brilliant 

Standards in both leagues are much higher now, so hard to compare. I remember Benni coming to ours for Bradford in Div 1 and taking the mick but I’ve seen FF do the same against us for Watford.

I think they are both very similar in that they work very hard for the team and can do the job themselves in the final third. Carbone had more of a narcissistic side to him though. 

If you put FF in that team of 1997-00 he would still have been a shining light for us IMO.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 04:17, Ian said:

Gi or.....Forestieri is 10x the player Carbone was....both individually and as a team player

Carbone was the most selfish player we've ever had.....he's shoot from 30 yards even if there was a player to pass to 10 yards out who'd have a tap in.

Yes the odd one would fly in and everyone would laud him but the hard facts were we were scoring 1 screamer instead of 10 tap ins

Have you been smoking exotic tobacco.

good player carbone as is FF ..... you could argue forever more who was better and not come up with the answer who was best ...was spiksley better than rimmer was rimmer better than waddle is waddle better than reach(possibly) .......you can only be the best of your era .

On 28/04/2018 at 22:39, Robdylan said:

Yes.

Who's the other player?

Oh, what's his name now...David something or other.......Hirst I think was his surname.....you must remember him what with you going home and away

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 26/04/2018 at 23:42, Robdylan said:

Your posts are cringeworthy.

Inter did not decide he wasn't good enough. He'd had a great season with Napoli and he was one of Inter's top signings in 1995. He then had a good first season and he was highly regarded. But early on in the following season, he wanted to experience English football. They actually wanted him to stay. 

You have said that he left Serie A because he wasn't deemed good enough. Yet he then went onto play for Parma who finished 5th in the league.

You have also said that he wasn't good enough to play for his country, yet you don't seem to realise that neither Paolo or Fernando had/have been capped. 

You're either on the wind up for a bit of fun, or you're completely clueless. 

He’s clueless pal. You are wasting your time.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:17, Ian said:

Gi or.....Forestieri is 10x the player Carbone was....both individually and as a team player

Carbone Di Canio was the most selfish player we've ever had.....he's shoot from 30 yards even if there was a player to pass to 10 yards out who'd have a tap in.

Yes the odd one would fly in and everyone would laud him but the hard facts were we were scoring 1 screamer instead of 10 tap ins

There that's nearer to the truth.

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Oh, what's his name now...David something or other.......Hirst I think was his surname.....you must remember him what with you going home and away

Ha!

You can't be serious?

I'm now convinced that you've reeled us all in.

I loved Hirst. He was my hero when I was a kid. But during Beni's time with us, he was a bit part player. He was overweight, inconsistent, and he could never get back to where he'd been previously. Not only that, he left for Southampton half way through Beni's second season. 

Your posts on this subject are utterly ridiculous.