The 1990's Forestieri

24 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Carbone world class! He could have been give the chance?

you measure these things on the world stage and who are in front of them in National teams. 

I’ve no doubt had Carbone been English he would have been in the England squad. In the England squad we had players like Anderyon, Merson, Owen, McMenamin. 

Whereas as for the Italian squad of the time he had the likes of Baggio, Ravanelli, Zola, Del Pierlo, Vieri. Not a chance of shifting those. 

You think carbone would have replaced Owen in the England team?.....ok, right

Take nationalities out of it then......wonder why Real Madrid didn't buy Carbone like they did Owen?

And presuming you mean McManaman by the last name on that list of England players, similar question

Edited by Ian

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Take nationalities out of it then......wonder why Real Madrid didn't buy Carbone like they did Owen?

And presuming you mean McManaman by the last name on that list of England players, similar question

Who knows? It’s all about opinions. However, you have to ask would Owen and Macca got in  the Italian squad?

26 minutes ago, Ian said:

Maybe we are overrating Carbone a little, but you are massively overrating Forestieri, a player deemed not good enough for the top level by Watford, and even after being exceptional at times for us no one else has deemed him good enough since, maybe it may have something to do with us not wanting to sell him. fair enough. but if someone offered us big money we would have took it. no one obviously thinks he is worth that.

But to say he is better than Di Canio aswell. A player who would problem get in the top 10 players of all time at any club he has been at is a little over the top don't you think.

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Ah Parma....that well known world footballing powerhouse.......yep, looks like my argeument has fallen apart.....so inter decided he wasn't good enough for them and he played for Parma therefore to quote you "he was world class and could have played for anyone"

Your posts are cringeworthy.

Inter did not decide he wasn't good enough. He'd had a great season with Napoli and he was one of Inter's top signings in 1995. He then had a good first season and he was highly regarded. But early on in the following season, he wanted to experience English football. They actually wanted him to stay. 

You have said that he left Serie A because he wasn't deemed good enough. Yet he then went onto play for Parma who finished 5th in the league.

You have also said that he wasn't good enough to play for his country, yet you don't seem to realise that neither Paolo or Fernando had/have been capped. 

You're either on the wind up for a bit of fun, or you're completely clueless. 

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Heading

Tackling

Tracking back

Team Player

more goals

more assists

Fitter 

Braver

Desire

there you go

That's not argument, it's just more utter nonsense from you.

More assists, more goals?

What do you think Beni would do in this current side?

You have said that Fernando is 10-20 x the player. 

I must be dafter than you to even continue the debate

I love Fernando, but you're taking the pi$$.

Let me know when he scores a goal like this one:

https://youtu.be/uctgfRNpxvI

(You'll probably think that he just slipped over)

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Hey genius, if Fernando is 10 x the player that Beni was, and he's also better than what Paolo was, then why the hell is he still at Hillsborough??

On 25/04/2018 at 13:12, George said:

Did Carbone ever refuse to play?

Even when the manager was publically slagging him off?

Not sure if the result was missing any games but he never turned up for pre season training any year he was with us for one reason or another

18 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not sure if the result was missing any games but he never turned up for pre season training any year he was with us for one reason or another

he refused to play at Southampton , walked out on the day of the game . 

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:17, Ian said:

Gi or.....Forestieri is 10x the player Carbone was....both individually and as a team player

Carbone was the most selfish player we've ever had.....he's shoot from 30 yards even if there was a player to pass to 10 yards out who'd have a tap in.

Yes the odd one would fly in and everyone would laud him but the hard facts were we were scoring 1 screamer instead of 10 tap ins

it's time to put on music-it's time to dress up right

46 minutes ago, Ian said:

Ssshhhhhh.....don't say that ....Robdylan superfan will be distraught

I'm still awaiting for you to back up your ridiculous posts.

He didn't miss every pre-season. 

He was late back a few times though, but he got an extended break one year due to him losing his best friend in a motorcycle accident.

I can't condone his behaviour at Southampton and he was rightly fined. But it was different to the situation with Fernando, because he was outraged at being on the bench. He had no relationship with Danny Wilson. He was very angry that he wasn't in the starting line up. Again, I can't condone his immature actions, but at least he wanted to play. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he refused to play at Southampton , walked out on the day of the game . 

I can't condone his actions, but he didn't refuse to play, he refused to sit on the bench. He was outraged that Wilson wasn't starting him. And it's clear now that Wilson did that due to personal issues and not for the benefit of the team. He also dropped Paolo from the starting line up away at Wimbledon, and played a young Alan Quinn instead. He then brought Quinn off for Paolo and Paolo scored. Again, I can't condone Beni's actions, but Wilson was completely inept as a manager. There were never any incidents like that when Ron was in charge.