Fernando Forestieri

16 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

I dont actually think he played all that well, touch and passing were off but to be expected having been out for so long. He transforms the side though, great player 

Yet despite that he was the reason for every single goal

At this level, there aren't many match-winners, as in a player who can turn a game on its head with a moment of individual quality and brilliance. 

Yes, you have some decent goalscorers, but I'm talking about guys like Nando who can do what he did yesterday for that second goal. 

If we can afford to do so, then it is an absolute must he stays in the summer. 

He's a class act. 

• Like 1

Looked as though Jos gave him the 'free role' today which he seemed to react well to. Turns out he's neither a striker or a left winger. He was popping up in all types of positions, impossible to track and makes him unplayable.

Special shout out to Rhodes/Nuhiu who carried out the thankless task of simply occupying both Reading CBs, allowing FF to get in to dangerous positions unmarked.

Early days but it seems Jos is quite good at getting the best out of individuals. Hunt, Venancio, Pudil, Nuhiu, Joao, Rhodes have all improved under him.

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The vultures will be circling in the summer , thats for sure. 

Not sure how long he has left but sod it, make him the highest paid player and get him on a 5 year contract. He has shown since his return how important he is to us, CC keep the vultures at bay .

52 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Basically this, putting himself in the shop window isn’t he 

contract ends 2019 so he’d command a big fee 

If  he only has one year left on his contract then we should be either sorting a new one or looking to sell.

We can’t afford to throw millions away by letting him go for nothing in the future 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, thatladfromchap said:

Looked as though Jos gave him the 'free role' today which he seemed to react well to. Turns out he's neither a striker or a left winger. He was popping up in all types of positions, impossible to track and makes him unplayable.

Special shout out to Rhodes/Nuhiu who carried out the thankless task of simply occupying both Reading CBs, allowing FF to get in to dangerous positions unmarked.

Early days but it seems Jos is quite good at getting the best out of individuals. Hunt, Venancio, Pudil, Nuhiu, Joao, Rhodes have all improved under him.

This is a key reason why I think that under Jos we will be challenging next season.

We'd all like to keep FF especially if he can flourish in more of a 'free' role whilst still fulfilling his defensive responsibilities (key in the modern game). I fully expect though that at least one or two favourites might be cashed in. Hooper, Westwood?

29 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If  he only has one year left on his contract then we should be either sorting a new one or looking to sell.

We can’t afford to throw millions away by letting him go for nothing in the future 

He contracted to summer 2020

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Basically this, putting himself in the shop window isn’t he 

:laugh: Haters gonna hate

He played through injury last season for us, which cost us and himself this entire season. 

He made a mistake nearly 2 years ago now. Get over it

Edited by smhouston
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, smhouston said:

:laugh: Haters gonna hate

He played through injury last season for us, which cost us and himself this entire season. 

He made a mistake nearly 2 years ago now. Get over it

I never said I was a hater so dunno where you got that from 

I meant his recent performances have put him in the window. He’s been here a few years now and may fancy a new challenge 

Oh and tbf the Norwich incident was quickly forgiven in my books anyway so not salty about that 

Edited by FreshOwl

6 hours ago, thatladfromchap said:

I didn’t see that at all. Quite the opposite. He started a very disciplined deep wide right, with Reach the same on the left.

His discipline and willingness to track back were exemplary, despite many thinking he can’t or won’t. 

I saw Jos and Blen animated during a stoppage, after which they swapped sides, to great effect.

If Jos can get the balance of that brilliance and that discipline from him next season it’s a hell of a cocktail. 

8 hours ago, Mus said:

To be honest I had forgotten how good the lad is, great performance yesterday, even forgiven him for passing the ball to opposition in dodgy places, just a bit rusty.

I recall reading that during his most recent spells under Carlos he was playing through some form of injury, or was rushed backed too soon. So despite having him on the pitch, we were getting a sub-par product. As a result of this some of us (myself included) were fooled into believing he was replaceable. There were even discussions on here about how much his value had dropped.

Glad to be proven wrong!

Edited by bobness

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

I recall reading that during his most recent spells under Carlos he was playing through some form of injury, or was rushed backed too soon. So despite having him on the pitch, we were getting a sub-par product. As a result of this some of us (myself included) were fooled into believing he was replaceable. There were even discussions on here about how much his value had dropped.

Glad to be proven wrong!

Thats another thing we seem to be getting from Jos. Proper sensitive handling of players wellbeing.

All bodes well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thatladfromchap said:

58 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I didn’t see that at all. Quite the opposite. He started a very disciplined deep wide right, with Reach the same on the left.

His discipline and willingness to track back were exemplary, despite many thinking he can’t or won’t. 

I saw Jos and Blen animated during a stoppage, after which they swapped sides, to great effect.

If Jos can get the balance of that brilliance and that discipline from him next season it’s a hell of a cocktail. 

I think this is evidence of Jos trying out plans B and C. Like Carlos said we didn't have a formation: he wanted "fluidity", but never put it into practice on the pitch, Jos is actually trying it out. FF was on the left, then the right, even spent some time at left back as Boyd tucked in. Then more of a free, roaming, role up front. And this is why you need Reach and Bannan and Keiran Lee: players with energy that cover the gaps when Nando goes wandering.

• Like 1