How much are our players worth and who do we sell in summer?

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Anyone who thinks we would get anything close to 30 mill for Fessi and Hooper need to stop taking the pills.

Fessi 8-10mill  tops

Hooper 3 mill tops.   He is injury prone and 30!!!!   Madine isnt either of those.

Agree, which is why I would take it if offered.

However, IF we could get both firing on top of their games like 2015/16 season, then I think we could get £3/4 million more than what you're suggesting (for the pair, not individually).

Unfortunately, think it's a big IF, but not giving up hope yet.

7 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Nail firmly on the head. Don't people realise that selling all our best players would mean we would need to effectively buy a whole new squad. For me we should keep as many as possible and get 3 or 4 top quality loanees in for the season. The time to rebuild will be if/when we get into the Premier League.

Not very easy to do when an embargo stops you from signing players on transfers or wages over £10,000 a week.

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

IF we have to have a fire sale they wont be worth as much as we'd like and to get in replacements for much smaller fees and wages then it  will be very difficult to be competitive in the right half of the table .forest & QPR  have found that out and I don't see why we'd be any different ............ quite a few of the better players will becoming towards the end of there contracts in the next year or so and if the club  are in FFP  trouble wont be able to give them new ones ......

Forest and QPR though have done something everyone else in the league seems to be scared of doing, bring youth in from the premier league or your own and play them.

Look at the gems Forest brought in from Everton and the like a Barrington from their youth team, in 12 -18 months these players will be sold on for decent money and these teams will come again.

Us we give 2 or 3 year deals to the likes of Nuihu, Loovens, Pudil then won't go the extra mile to sign up the best 2 young players we have produced in 20+ years.

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Any one have any idea if we could maybe shift the workshy ones like Abdi and matias for free without having to pay them off, as they were contracted to play football, yet have not fulfilled in any real capacity to do their jobs. I know they can blame injuries and bad luck, but if I signed a contract of employment and turned up and did my job about half a dozen times in two years they could release me without paying me off??. 

The problem we have as a club is all of the fees we paid for them are being written off over the life of their contract.

So Abdi cost us £4 that £1m a season we get rid for free next year we have to write the remaindered of the fee of so £2-3m in the accounts, the same for Rhodes the same for Matias, the stupid thing is unless we can get fees for them it is better for the accounts not to sell them.

It is the insane way in which the club is currently being run that losing more money is better for our FFP chances.

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The problem we have as a club is all of the fees we paid for them are being written off over the life of their contract.

So Abdi cost us £4 that £1m a season we get rid for free next year we have to write the remaindered of the fee of so £2-3m in the accounts, the same for Rhodes the same for Matias, the stupid thing is unless we can get fees for them it is better for the accounts not to sell them.

It is the insane way in which the club is currently being run that losing more money is better for our FFP chances.

How do you know the fees have been spread over the contract 

2 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Oh god not again.

This is how clubs do it, they take the fee they have paid and spread it over the life of the contract. takes Rhodes as an example he cost £8m but signed on a 4 year deal so the account release £2m of the fee each year. So if we were to get rid of him now with 2 years left on his contract we would have to release 2 years worth of his fee or £4m.

This is standard practice with most none premiership teams.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Oh god not again.

This is how clubs do it, they take the fee they have paid and spread it over the life of the contract. takes Rhodes as an example he cost £8m but signed on a 4 year deal so the account release £2m of the fee each year. So if we were to get rid of him now with 2 years left on his contract we would have to release 2 years worth of his fee or £4m.

This is standard practice with most none premiership teams.

Have you ever thought about been chansiris financial advisor because you seem to know your stuff mate i give you that

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

He's an accoun.........................................oh ffs never mind

Didnt know wondered why he kept insisting to everybody about an embargo

41 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Have you ever thought about been chansiris financial advisor because you seem to know your stuff mate i give you that

Apart from when he's 100% making things up in other threads.

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Given most of them have big questions on their fitness we will struggle to move many of them on. 

Winnall, if he’s desperate to go, was a good opportunity to raise some very good money and even he got crocked. 

I don’t think we will see as much movement as we might expect. 

Nah - you're wrong mate. apparently clubs come to a struggling club like ours who have a team full of crocks and under-performers and decide to pay top wack for the majority of the squad. 

Sam Winnall - top goal scorer at Barnsley - we paid £500k

Sam Winnall - hardly played a game for us, went to Derby, spent most the season injured - now worth £3m

Adam Reach - Decent player at Boro - we paid £5m

Adam Reach - Decent player at Wednesday but hasn't really progressed since his days at Boro - now worth approx £10m

Just a couple of examples...

12 hours ago, robswfc said:

Probable values:

Forestieri 10-18m (depending if he proves his fitness but surely worth more than Madine went for) - £6m+ depending on how he plays when we get him back

Hooper 6-12m (same) - £3m At the most, as hes injury prone

Reach 9-12m - Be lucky to get back what we paid...if we could get our money back I'd sell him

Bannan 4-6m - About £3-4m if he can stay fit

Westwood 3-4m - Probably an undisclosed £1.5m ish, but to be honest might be better off just keeping him

Joao 4-8m (depending if continues current form to end of season) - Based on this season you might be right, young...fast etc..

Winnall 1-4m (how bad his injury is) - We wont know until January but hopefully could get at least £3m

Rhodes 1-2m loan fee??? - Like others have said whatever we get we will be at a loss :-(

Lees 3-5m - Id say about that but depends on his injuries

Nuhiu 1-2m - Anything over £0 would be a bonus

Hunt 1.5-3m - Surely we'd get a couple of million for him, but who would buy him??

Hirst tribunal (no idea) Probably next to nowt!

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Ha he full of s*** mate i could say im an accountant

Fessi £12M max. Those saying £18M are being daft. Very good player though.

Hooper £7M. But nobody would likely buy him as 

A- he’s injury prone

B- he’s failed in the prem with Norwich.

Reach £7M. Again, those saying £10M are being a bit silly. Good player but like Hooper- who would buy him? Not really good enough for the premier league and isn’t going to join another championship club because he isn’t likely to fire anyone to the premiere league.

Lees £6M. Outstanding centre half, probably top 8 in the league.

Bannan £5M. Like Hooper, who would buy him? Only likely to join a relegated prem club or mid table championship club like Bristol City or Reading or something.

Wildsmith £4M. Good keeper, high ceiling.

Westwood £4M. Brilliant keeper but wouldn’t get much more due to age.

Joao £4M. Good striker with potential and good attributes for a side in this league. 

Van Aken £3M. Decent potential.

Hunt £2.5M. Good full back offensively. 

2 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I am shocked you would say such a think at the time of me making it up I think it is completely correct until someone post something that is.

I know it sound silly but it really is the case - I think it is the reason we signed older players up to longer contract so we could reduce the amount we lose each year.

3 hours ago, dan1980 said:

All clubs do this, its a way of balancing the accounts by depreciation.

The fee depreciates over the term of the contract the same way that plant and equipment does with any business.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Just shows how God awful our recruitment has been these last 2 years. 

The problem is its going to impact negatively on our progress and team building.