How much are our players worth and who do we sell in summer?

Looks like we will need to raise in the region of £12m this summer to stay out of FFP trouble, and we could do with funds available to sign a new LB, CB and winger (would like a boss CM also but if Hutch and Bannan back we are already overstocked there)

Probable values:

Forestieri 10-18m (depending if he proves his fitness but surely worth more than Madine went for)

Hooper 6-12m (same)

Reach 9-12m

Bannan 4-6m

Westwood 3-4m

Joao 4-8m (depending if continues current form to end of season)

Winnall 1-4m (how bad his injury is)

Rhodes 1-2m loan fee???

Lees 3-5m

Nuhiu 1-2m

Hunt 1.5-3m

Hirst tribunal (no idea)

The rest are probably not worth much or teams unlikely to take the risk with their injury records

Who would you sell?

26 minutes ago, heppers said:

Imagine buying players in a market where Gary Madine is worth £6.8m

Nail firmly on the head. Don't people realise that selling all our best players would mean we would need to effectively buy a whole new squad. For me we should keep as many as possible and get 3 or 4 top quality loanees in for the season. The time to rebuild will be if/when we get into the Premier League.

I imagine the only players who we could afford to sell without replacements and who would be courted by other clubs are Hooper and Westwood. In an ideal world we would get rid of Abdi and Rhodes as well but that's unlikely. There are also cases to be made for other players like Fletcher, Jones, Fox, Matias etc but it's not as cut and dry with those.

A couple of good sales, a couple of top youngsters on loan from the PL and a couple of shrewd young signings and we'll be on the right track for next year by all accounts imo.

We need to not renew contracts of aging players who are in decline (Loovens and Wallace), and try to ship out the likes of Rhodes.

We have good youngsters coming through, so if we don’t have the money we need to be smart in the summer. 

If we only had the budget for 3 signings, I’d be looking to sign players with pace. Priority being a left back, right back and a winger. 

Need to be prudent and act smartly, sadly we have not done that the past two years. 

Matias, Abdi,Fletcher,Boyd,Rhodes,Jones need to go.

I’d also argue that the Pelupessy experiment hasn’t/won’t work and look to bring in loans in that area.

hunt is back up at best so I would also shift Palmer.

Looven has been a good servant but should go if we are to progress.

Pudil back up and Fox needs to put in some serious work or leave.

Edited by fatzooma

Reach 9-12m 

lol

He's not even worth the 5m we paid for him. Don't get me wrong. I like him bit Boro did a job on us

If reach is worth 9-12m a player like Snodgrass is worth about 40. 

Edited by poite

IF we have to have a fire sale they wont be worth as much as we'd like and to get in replacements for much smaller fees and wages then it  will be very difficult to be competitive in the right half of the table .forest & QPR  have found that out and I don't see why we'd be any different ............ quite a few of the better players will becoming towards the end of there contracts in the next year or so and if the club  are in FFP  trouble wont be able to give them new ones ......

38 minutes ago, poite said:

Reach 9-12m 

lol

He's not even worth the 5m we paid for him. Don't get me wrong. I like him bit Boro did a job on us

If reach is worth 9-12m a player like Snodgrass is worth about 40. 

Honestly, if you don't think Reach is worth 5m you need to change sports.....

Rhodes will probably be sold on but I think we will only get 5-6 mill for him, have a feeling Carlos will come in for fessi and Westwood so probably 10 mill there ? Abdi, Wallace,kean,pudil will all be released freeing up some wages Hirst will go to tribunal maybe a few 100 thou for him with all those gone we should be fine 

Add loovens to those released 

Edited by Adam Reachs left peg

Considering Bolton got £6m for Madine, I don’t think it would be unrealistic to expect to pull in around £10m combined for Winnall and Rhodes.

That'd leave us with Forestieri, Hooper, Joao, Nuhiu and Fletcher to choose from up front and give us some much needed wiggle room with regards to FFP.

I don't think for a minute this would happen/we'd get this much, but would be happy to take £30 million for Forestieri & Hooper (OP's max. valuations).

Don't get me wrong, both top quality at this level, and both nailed on first teamers imo.

However, £18m(or close) for a temperamental 28yr old (not old, but not young either) and £12m for a 30yr old championship striker would be good business imo.

Would probably change my mind IF we were guaranteed a place in next season's play offs, but we're not.

Would prefer to keep Hirst, but if it goes to tribunal would try to get as high a sell on clause as possible, as well as fee.

2 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

I don't think for a minute this would happen/we'd get this much, but would be happy to take £30 million for Forestieri & Hooper (OP's max. valuations).

Don't get me wrong, both top quality at this level, and both nailed on first teamers imo.

However, £18m(or close) for a temperamental 28yr old (not old, but not young either) and £12m for a 30yr old championship striker would be good business imo.

Would probably change my mind IF we were guaranteed a place in next season's play offs, but we're not.

Would prefer to keep Hirst, but if it goes to tribunal would try to get as high a sell on clause as possible, as well as fee.

Not sure you can get a sell on clause if it goes to a tribunal can you?

Based on his age and quality Lees is worth a lot more than that in my opinion.

Like others have said clubs may be reluctant to pay fees for our aging players on big wages - best we can hope for is coming to an agreement to release the player on a free to free up the wages.

7 hours ago, robswfc said:

Looks like we will need to raise in the region of £12m this summer to stay out of FFP trouble, and we could do with funds available to sign a new LB, CB and winger (would like a boss CM also but if Hutch and Bannan back we are already overstocked there)

Probable values:

Forestieri 10-18m (depending if he proves his fitness but surely worth more than Madine went for)

Hooper 6-12m (same)

Reach 9-12m

Bannan 4-6m

Westwood 3-4m

Joao 4-8m (depending if continues current form to end of season)

Winnall 1-4m (how bad his injury is)

Rhodes 1-2m loan fee???

Lees 3-5m

Nuhiu 1-2m

Hunt 1.5-3m

Hirst tribunal (no idea)

The rest are probably not worth much or teams unlikely to take the risk with their injury records

Who would you sell?

Have you been talking to a Utd fan? Some of those values are about as unrealistic as when that lot thought they'd get 7 million for Matt Lowton :tango: