DISGRACEFUL

17 hours ago, g-owls said:

Nottingham Forest have today announced their season ticket prices for next season.

The comparison with ours are shocking. Here's a few examples of Adult prices along with the prices in similar areas at Hillsborough

Trent End and Bridgford Stand Lower £330 -  Kop £455 (£125 more)

Brian Clough Stand £330 -  North Stand £555 (£225 more)

Peter Taylor Stand £435  -  South Stand £640 (£205 more) (South Stand at Hillsborough is far better but not at that price)

As for 18-25's at Hillsborough the cheapest price is on the Kop at £355, the dearest being in the South Stand for £500.

At Forest it's 18-23 - Two years less I hear you say - Indeed so, but an 18-23 year old will pay £100 for a season Ticket at the City Ground in any part of the ground.

Just how much are we being ripped off? It's an absolute joke.

Back to the topic

Owlstalk Shop

Remind me again what have Forest have done in the last three seasons?

Oh thats right absolutely nothing.

Sick of these threads already and we've not even started the 3 month summer time football hiatus.

It does not matter how any other clubs price their tickets, at all. 

If you want to succeed in football the club has to make money somehow, and it certainly has to recoup money back from the HUGE investment Chansiri has made. Increases in prices are inevitable just like they will be when we reach the PL and in the years to come if everything goes to plan.

Don't like it don't go, its that simple, the club will still have plenty of fans who do and being a successful team in the modern age often comes at the expensive of some fans not attending as many games as they would like.

I include myself in that, i've been to less games the last 2-3 years since the CC reign begun & ended than the last 2-3 before that.

But is it worth it? Every day of the week. Why have a season ticket to watch below average football in the third tier when you can still go to 10+ games a season for a similar/lower price and watch BETTER football, BETTER players. BETTER facilities, MORE enjoyment and MORE success?

/Thread.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

Just now, Lionel Fessi said:

Sick of these threads already and we've not even started the 3 month summer time football hiatus.

If you want to succeed in football the club has to make money somehow, and it certainly has to recoup money back from the HUGE investment Chansiri has made. Increases in prices are inevitable just like they will be when we reach the PL and in the years to come if everything goes to plan.

Don't like it don't go, its that simple, the club will still have plenty of fans who do and being a successful team in the modern age often comes at the expensive of some fans not attending as many games as they would like.

Talk us through how the high prices this season led to us succeeding ?

Telling people not to go, or simply shut up may wash in North Korea. It won't on a diverse forum like Owlstalk.

1 minute ago, Lionel Fessi said:

problem is mate...Thats not how its panning out is it?

There is no argument that the prices are putting fans off coming, especially POTG,,,,,

I agree with your thinking should we reach the Premiership, but it doesn't stand should we go the other way does it?

How do you get those fans back on board for a League 1 campaign?

How do you keep the fans you have got...paying these prices for a League 1 campaign...?

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Talk us through how the high prices this season led to us succeeding ?

Telling people not to go, or simply shut up may wash in North Korea. It won't on a diverse forum like Owlstalk.

Obviously this season has not been a success.

But 2/3 seasons with playoff campaigns and one that included a Wembley play off final loss, is not an unsuccessful period in the clubs history.

Anyone that disagrees with that is very foolish.

I'm not telling people not to go, I'm just saying have some perspective on why these things happen.

If anyone can explain how to remain solvent and not be on the brink of financial collapse after receiving significant investment over a period of time without increasing match day prices, I would love to here it.

But it isn't possible, a club of our size and in the position we were in needed a BIG push to make us PL contenders, Chansiri has done that he's made the whole club more modern and able to sustain life in the PL. 

Fans who moan and whinge that prices are slowly going up when compared to lower prices at other 'big clubs' who have received similar investment or none at all and achieved NOTHING compared to what we have done in the last 2/3 years is what annoys me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lionel Fessi said:

But 2/3 seasons with playoff campaigns and one that included a Wembley play off final loss, is not an unsuccessful period in the clubs history.

I'm not telling people not to go, I'm just saying have some perspective on why these things happen.

If anyone can explain how to remain solvent and not be on the brink of financial collapse after receiving significant investment over a period of time without increasing match day prices, I would love to here it.

But it isn't possible, a club of our size and in the position we were in needed a BIG push to make us PL contenders, Chansiri has done that he's made the whole club more modern and able to sustain life in the PL. 

Fans who moan and whinge that prices are slowly going up when compared to lower prices at other 'big clubs' who have received similar investment or none at all and achieved NOTHING compared to what we have done in the last 2/3 years is what annoys me.

Huddersfield.

FFS.lol

• Like 1

It genuinely stuns me how many fans can stick up for our pricing despite the obvious comparisons across all divisions. We are one of the highest ticket prices in the country and it's very difficult to be able to afford the tickets, end of. We have a core support who are committed enough to pay their money and come down every week. You all deserve a pat on the back for this and you are good fans. Just because you pay doesn't mean you have to defend this. People saying the prices are too high aren't attacking you, they are making comment about the strategy. It is easier for people in Nottingham to go watch their club than fans in Sheffield to go watch their club, that isn't right. I am happy that the prices didn't go up again, but really I would have brought them down, set match-day tickets at £25 in all parts of the ground and made it free for kids Under 15 to come to the games. I would have spent money getting this advertised in the local community and tried to build the club this way. I am entitled to my opinion, people who think we need to charge the 2nd highest prices in our division (Norwich are higher) that is fair too. But to me the maths behind the income this brings in doesn't add up. We spent 10 Million on Rhodes and extra ticket prices bring in a lot less than this annually. We signed Rhodes while having Hooper, Fletcher, Fessi, Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu and Hirst on the books. Clearly a smarter scouting system will enable us to not over spend and then we work with the community to build our attendances over the long term.

But this will not happen as it stands so happy with the price Freeze, maybe over time he will take more of the above approach. But we will see.

rant over. by the way I am a 3 year season ticket holder.

Just now, Lionel Fessi said:

So this seasons debacle aside, talk us through how high prices equal success ?

I'm all ears.

We've had 3 years of some of the highest prices in British football and are now teetering on the brink of division 1.

Talk me through your logic why fans shouldn't be asking questions about this. 

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

For those saying that reducing the prices doesn't' guarantee bigger attendances I'd put it to them that if we charged £42 on the North Stand for the earlier rounds of the FA Cup then we'd not have got anywhere near the attendance we did for them.

True but you gave a reason for that in your earlier post below.

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

True that

Football clubs play the reserves in the cup so the perception is that the cups are worthless and not valued therefore the fans value it less too

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

problem is mate...Thats not how its panning out is it?

There is no argument that the prices are putting fans off coming, especially POTG,,,,,

I agree with your thinking should we reach the Premiership, but it doesn't stand should we go the other way does it?

How do you get those fans back on board for a League 1 campaign?

How do you keep the fans you have got...paying these prices for a League 1 campaign...?

But it will, Chansiri has invested too much for this to fail.

One bad season won't undo all the work he has done to the club, although we are in a bad place right now in 6 months time we won't be and if you take a step back and think big picture how much better of we are now as a whole compared to 3 years ago its obvious.

Thats the biggest challenge, now we run the risk of falling into the bracket of clubs like Derby & Norwich and previously Hull, Bolton, QPR, Blackburn, Wigan, SUNDERLAND, Charlton, PORTSMOUTH where these clubs have received big financial investments and either made the PL and came straight back down or never made it at all. This results in them being stuck with huge wage bills, big contracts, a string of poor mangers, bad transfer signings, unhappy fans, conflict between senior board members....etc I

In short they have a lot of debt and cannot move forward and stagnate and rot in the same division or worse for the next X amount of years until they become solvent again or get a big investor to come bail them out.  Hmmm why does that sound so familiar?

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If I had a Plumber round and I had paid £600 and my toilet was still leaking I think I would have a right to ask him what he was playing at though.

This post just comes across as you are not allowed to have allowed to have an opinion on how SWFC are being run.

Completely different forms of contract.

One is for a specific goods & services type contract with pre agreed perameters as to what is required & expected.

The other as with most ‘entertainment’ types is very subjective and the product on offer is not guaranteed to be of a specific nature.

You pay for a plumber, you don’t expect leaks.

You pay for football, you get football. If a match is postponed your ticket is valid for the re arranged one. You don’t pay for football and then moan you paid for promotion.

The only exception to this was DC offering refunds for the poor souls who thought they had entered a binding contract to see us in the Prem next year!

As for my post trying to stifle debate.  I was purely throwing my two Penneth in with regard to the title ‘disgraceful’ & the absurdity of patently unqualified people telling D.C. how to run a business when most couldn’t run a raffle.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

One is for a specific goods & services type contract with pre agreed perameters as to what is required & expected.

The other as with most ‘entertainment’ types is very subjective and the product on offer is not guaranteed to be of a specific nature.

You pay for football, you get football. If a match is postponed your ticket is valid for the re arranged one. You don’t pay for football and then moan you paid for promotion.

The only exception to this was DC offering refunds for the poor souls who thought they had entered a binding contract to see us in the Prem next year!

As for my post trying to stifle debate.  I was purely throwing my two Penneth in with regard to the title ‘disgraceful’ & the absurdity of patently unqualified people telling D.C. how to run a business when most couldn’t run a raffle.

Post of the day, week, month year and flipping decade 

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

From what I have seen this season Chansiri is doing a good impression of someone who doesn't know how to run a football club.

One final thought on the old season ticket / potg argument & associated costs etc.

DC clearly set his stall out at the outset and his ‘business plan’ re trying to get commitment up front at the expense of potg was always going to create division, no question.

I just wonder however, that now things haven’t gone as we would have all wished, what the crowds would have been (or will be) without the 21k who committed up front regardless of how it was going to pan out?

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

One final thought on the old season ticket / potg argument & associated costs etc.

DC clearly set his stall out at the outset and his ‘business plan’ re trying to get commitment up front at the expense of potg was always going to create division, no question.

I just wonder however, that now things haven’t gone as we would have all wished, what the crowds would have been (or will be) without the 21k who committed up front regardless of how it was going to pan out?

Not great.

I'd be interested to know what the POTG figures have been like game by game for the last few seasons.

Outside of a few exceptions, I'd imagine it's probably quite low (particularly when you factor in the away fans).

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

From what I have seen this season Chansiri is doing a good impression of someone who doesn't know how to run a football club.

I remember all those Wednesday fans in the fan park at Wembley & at the Green Man.

I thought it was very harsh that song they kept singing over & over again. 

“Chansiri is doing a good impression of someone who doesn’t know how to run a football club”.

Didn’t rhyme either!

Doing well, he’s a genius.

Bad season, hasn’t a clue.

As I said highly subjective.

Tbf Chansiri can't exactly control what happens on the pitch (he can appoint managers, finance bringing in players)...though I think we'd all agree he should have taken more decisive action when things were patently not right.

Unfortunately, it appears he had a great loyalty to Carlos and allowed him to pretty much leave on his own accord.

Sadly, this season, the club has had more then enough off the field gaffes to provide his critics with ample ammunition.

24 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

But it will, Chansiri has invested too much for this to fail.

One bad season won't undo all the work he has done to the club, although we are in a bad place right now in 6 months time we won't be and if you take a step back and think big picture how much better of we are now as a whole compared to 3 years ago its obvious.

Thats the biggest challenge, now we run the risk of falling into the bracket of clubs like Derby & Norwich and previously Hull, Bolton, QPR, Blackburn, Wigan, SUNDERLAND, Charlton, PORTSMOUTH where these clubs have received big financial investments and either made the PL and came straight back down or never made it at all. This results in them being stuck with huge wage bills, big contracts, a string of poor mangers, bad transfer signings, unhappy fans, conflict between senior board members....etc I

In short they have a lot of debt and cannot move forward and stagnate and rot in the same division or worse for the next X amount of years until they become solvent again or get a big investor to come bail them out.  Hmmm why does that sound so familiar?

One BAD season could well undo all the good he has done at the club...because his phlosophy is based as much on his money as ours....

Lets see what happens if God forbid, we drop...Profit and sustainability?..Who is gonna pay £40 on the gate in League 1?

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

So this seasons debacle aside, talk us through how high prices equal success ?

I'm all ears.

We've had 3 years of some of the highest prices in British football and are now teetering on the brink of division 1.

Talk me through your logic why fans shouldn't be asking questions about this. 

So you are saying two Championship playoff campaigns after decades of underwhelming seasons were not a success?

We won't be relegated.

It's a process, getting to the PL is a process, it doesn't just happen overnight. The club is in a new frontier and needs time to grow, Chansiri has made some good decisions some bad and scrutinising ticket prices is easy when the club is coming to the end of a very disappointing season. I'm not going to sit here and reel off all the areas of the clubs infrastructure which Chansiri has improved, but he really has transformed the club from top to bottom.. I determine our success as us now being in a position to reach the PL and sustain our place there for a long time. 

I'm saying as a fan if you truly feel robbed or unhappy by the prices and you think the clubs changes have not warranted your investment then don't buy a season ticket. You can still enjoy being a fan, you aren't being frozen out, you can still buy the membershi  and go to plenty of games and won't miss out on anything.

But however you feel there will be fans who don't share you opinion and as we become more successful there will be thousands of fans who consider going more and more. 

If our support was still excellent when we were third tier side with Jermaine Johnson as our only occasional star you can bet anything if we're winning games in a promotion chasing Championship side our support will still be excellent regardless of how you feel about the price.