This press conference has got me very angry

Too much emphasis is put on the fitness situation. If our players were so unfit how did they manage to match our neighbours in Jos' first game.

Also:

No proven link between fitness and our injuries

Our signings have been poor for the most part including players who were old and/or had historic injury issues

Since the Hull game we have signed one quality player - Adam Reach

Bannan and Reach have looked fit and sharp to me

If our fitness levels are as poor as speculated what does that tell us about our players

FFP issues caused by poor signings and too many oldish players on big long term contracts

Abysmal marketing/commercial strategy

Strategic input to club given by an adviser with vested interests

I could go on but I have a lot of sympathy for the situation Jos has walked in to.

Carlos, of course, does have to share the blame for our current position but those of you who want to think that our biggest issue was Carlos are very blinkered and will go on being disappointed for a long time.

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Not disagreeing with that you say but Who's this Mourinho at our club, and if he is part of the old backroom why did he not move with the rest of them, or are you

talking about what is happening at a premiership side?

If so what has that got to do with us.

Plenty to do with us as it illustrates how football clubs are run with regard to players availability for games.

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I am not justifying anything There is no disputing that we were not the fittest side, anybody who watched us could see that 

Was Carlos to blame for that, maybe, but he might argue that he got that unfit side to two championship play offs

You say Carlos brought players back from injury too soon Did he, I can’t remember too many rapid returns from those out with injury In fact, quite the opposite, players would often pick up a knock, and seemingly disappear into a black hole

There’s no point in playing the blame game, Carlos has gone and it’s a new man in charge Let’s see what he can do

You think Lee was fit when he came back from his hip operation?

Do you think Wallace was fit when after coming off at Ipswich with an hamstring problem he lasted 60 mins at Huddersfield and when unbelievably he was selected for the second leg just 3 days later managed just 4 mins!

As for doing well with an unfit side.

Carlos was a good, but very limited and inflexible coach, but think what we might have achieved if he had got the players fit. 

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Do you think Wallace was fit when after coming off at Ipswich with an hamstring problem he lasted 60 mins at Huddersfield and when unbelievably he was selected for the second leg just 3 days later managed just 4 mins!

Carlos was a good, but very limited and inflexible coach, but think what we might have achieved if he had got the players fit. 

Or the players he wanted It’s all ifs and buts really, but it’s what we do now that counts

We had five first team players injured going into the last ten games last season...lets put it into perspective...Dem  Galacticos lost two key players before Xmas and their season nosedived...we managed to go on a run and get in the play offs...most people were upset that we lost on penalties but in reality it cost us because the players we carried and cajoled into playing haven't figured this season. Jos has realise that this thinking has held us back and he's not prepared to do the same. So we've got to think long term and not how we do with a scratch side. Let us get everyone fit...and more importantly let DC make sure that our backroom staff are the best he can afford and fuckFFP so that it doesn't happen again. I'm sure that Jos having worked in Germany will want everything done properly. Alles in ordnung

Edited by daveyboy66

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Yep

It is all about whether the current manager can recover the total mess he has inherited 

It is a mess, yes, and we’ve arrived here due to a combination of mismanagement, and a big dollop of bad luck Can I be clear though, I don’t just think it was mismanagement by Carlos, the biggest mistakes have been made by the man at the top Not really that surprising, Mr Chansiri is new to the game It’s how quickly we learn from those mistakes

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Quite a few by all accounts, and then there were the ones like Boyd who arrived injured 

Didn't Boyd get injured playing against Rangers pre season when a player fell on him hurting his shoulder....then made it worse when he fell on it again?

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Many blame Carlos for rushing players back from injury. As I have said many times it was not his decision to make.

Also Bannan, Van Aken and Lees have all suffered setbacks since Carlos left - surely that should end that theory (not that it will).

2 hours ago, Animal said:

talk about chucking jos under the bus like its his fault, but carlos was never questioned in this way at all. I always thought we were soft when it came to cc's press conferences

Staton needs to remember he's a ten bob local radio journo...not exactly sky sports..if he wer made of chocolate he would eat his self

7 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I don’t understand what you are trying to justify.

Carlos was the man in charge of a squad of players than were not fit enough. It was his job to make sure they were fit enough.

Carlos selected players who were injured. Some like Lee were seriously injured , yet he still played them. 

The evidence is overwhelming.

Carlos created a mess and moved on when he realised he had more chance of picking up a fat bonus for keeping Swansea up than getting us promoted.

Yet you choose to have a go at a man who has been here 10 mins working with less than half a squad 

I'm sure plenty of blame can be laid at Carlos' door but it is not the manager's job to decide when an injured player can be selected. It is up to the medical team, the fitness team and the player themselves. Its not like Carlos was forcing them to play. I think both hutch and Lees have said in public they made themselves available for selection when they shouldn't have.

Edited by NorthernOwl

Guest Bulgaria

What is clear to everyone is that the club is in a complete state, not unrecoverable, but right now its a shambles. Like someone else pointed out, i am surprised its not made the national media yet, especially the issue regarding the fitness side of things. The amount of injuries is unprecedented and is not all down to bad luck, i think we all agree on this. The fit players not being able to play back to back games because of tiredness is just the icing on the cake of this complete mess of a season.

Is Jos the man to see us through and get us going again.... who knows.  I thought he came over rather well in yesterdays presser despite the hard, but valid questions he had to face. I am sure there is lots more going on behind the scenes that he is unable to reveal but the fact of the matter is Carlos has left us in a right pickle through his complete incompetence in certain areas. 

6 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

What is clear to everyone is that the club is in a complete state, not unrecoverable, but right now its a shambles. Like someone else pointed out, i am surprised its not made the national media yet, especially the issue regarding the fitness side of things. The amount of injuries is unprecedented and is not all down to bad luck, i think we all agree on this. The fit players not being able to play back to back games because of tiredness is just the icing on the cake of this complete mess of a season.

Is Jos the man to see us through and get us going again.... who knows.  I thought he came over rather well in yesterdays presser despite the hard, but valid questions he had to face. I am sure there is lots more going on behind the scenes that he is unable to reveal but the fact of the matter is Carlos has left us in a right pickle through his complete incompetence in certain areas. 

When so much has been got wrong, in all aspects in life at Sheffield Wednesday, why do you suddenly expect things to be right once Carlos has gone? Most of the bad decisions were made by the people above, and they’re still there

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Staton needs to remember he's a ten bob local radio journo...not exactly sky sports..if he wer made of chocolate he would eat his self

Disagree. I think he is rather good at his job.