Jos "I have the trust in Jordan Rhodes"

7 hours ago, Almat said:

I would imagine people who haven't read your 'Winnall isn't good enough for the Championship' (even though his record is a goal every other game overall and that includes games for CC!) nonsense may take this seriously.....but I read it. WTF:

None of those January signings, Rhodes, Winnall or Fox were good enough for a promotion chasing championship side, as we are now finding out

12 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Totally disagree...us as a club haven’t adapted, We’ve stood still!! Rhodes in the right formation alongside the right type of players is a goal scorer...no one can deny that because his 1 in 2 record proves it beyond debate.

Sadly I feel we could ruin messi in this current side. 

What i I can’t understand amongst us wednesday fans is that at the moment most seem to clambering for Nuhiu to start, who lets put it black and white as score 4 goals in 12/13 months at an average of 1 in 8. Yet we quick to jump on the back of a proven goal scorer who as a career record of a goal every 2 games and ruin his confidence even further. Most blinded by the fee paid...get over it and back him!! 

Or, since we bought Rhodes, we’ve gone backwards Neither Hooper, or Forestieri have trouble scoring goals for Wednesday, and they both still find other ways of contributing to the team shape

Rhodes does neither

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

That's fair enough, but you have a player who is lacking or as no confidence in the starting line up. What exactly do you think the other 10 are thinking. Could be anything from, ' he will come good again hopefully in this game' to 'Jesus do we have to carry him again and its like playing with 10 men' . Who knows. But one thing is clear this is not just about Jordan Rhodes.

Totally agree that its not about JR but its about maximising what we have available and we have proven goal scorer who just needs an arm around him and a run of games. As always...form is temporary, class is permanent!! isolating him and making him feel worse than he already does isn't the way to go IMO.

On another note...none of the other 10 players in the first 11 hardly have a case to judge JR so they??

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Or, since we bought Rhodes, we’ve gone backwards Neither Hooper, or Forestieri have trouble scoring goals for Wednesday, and they both still find other ways of contributing to the team shape

Rhodes does neither

Oh dear lord, why do folk insist on trying to compare completely different players??? We are talking about Hooper and FF who like to get on the ball as much as possible pretty much all over the pitch. Rhodes isn't that type of player and we knew that when we signed him, he lives in the 18 yard box and thrives off crosses and good service...something that we simply haven't and cant provide!!

Honest question...do you know/understand our system and style of play? i will be honest i cant see it at the moment and i haven't seen it for some time either!

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Hes hardly gash given the goals he scored last season. But he certainly isn’t value for money 

OK bit harsh on the gash bit,but pants then,Nuhiu scored 4 and 2 assists last 6 games is about what Flouncer sorry Fletcher did end of last season,but costs bundles and Is injured again.Where as Big Dave always there costs pittance and does exactly the same job.when we signed him I did wonder why,another strange one for me..imo..UTO FTB..

17 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Oh dear lord, why do folk insist on trying to compare completely different players??? We are talking about Hooper and FF who like to get on the ball as much as possible pretty much all over the pitch. Rhodes isn't that type of player and we knew that when we signed him, he lives in the 18 yard box and thrives off crosses and good service...something that we simply haven't and cant provide!!

Honest question...do you know/understand our system and style of play? i will be honest i cant see it at the moment and i haven't seen it for some time either!

I’m not comparing Hooper and Forestieri, with Rhodes as such, just emphasising how much players like Rhodes are out of sync with the modern game Look around, how many players of his type do you see at this level or above It’s a shame for him, but that’s the way the games gone

As for our style of play, under Jos, no not yet. I suspect we’ll end up playing 4-2-3-1, as that’s the system he seems to have favoured previously

19 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I’ve often wondered, if it wasn’t for that game, would our fans have been so desperate for him to sign.

He was perfect that day.

But... it was lg 1

Before signing for us, he averaged a goal every 1.96 games in the Championship, with 3 out of 6 season scoring more than 20 goals for the season

So yes, still would have wanted him to sign. He is a natural goalscorer, but is severely lacking confidence and supply 

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Before signing for us, he averaged a goal every 1.96 games in the Championship, with 3 out of 6 season scoring more than 20 goals for the season

So yes, still would have wanted him to sign. He is a natural goalscorer, but is severely lacking confidence and supply 

I would have wanted him to sign if we had a team/tactics that played to his strengths, but at the time we didn't. So to me it seemed a strange signing.

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

What does Jos trust him to do exactly? Hasn't even played him the last two games. 

Exactly.  On Saturday with fifteen/twenty minutes to go Dave was knackered, not a knock on him he had given his all. Why not at least try to go for the win and throw JR on? it would have given both him and us a chance to get something more from the game.

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

OK bit harsh on the gash bit,but pants then,Nuhiu scored 4 and 2 assists last 6 games is about what Flouncer sorry Fletcher did end of last season,but costs bundles and Is injured again.Where as Big Dave always there costs pittance and does exactly the same job.when we signed him I did wonder why,another strange one for me..imo..UTO FTB..

I’m certainly not one with anything against Nuhiu, he is what he is and in some games he looks very good and others he looks woeful. 

Fletcher has played and scored at the top level and I think he’s a better header of the ball than Nuhiu despite the size difference. Even when in and out of the team last season he seemed to get the vital goals that won us games