Jos "I have the trust in Jordan Rhodes"

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.12.43.jpg

Jos went on to explain his record at re-motivating strikers who are going through a similar barren run, citing one lad in Germany who was the same and wasn't scoring/happy but Jos got him fired up, banging in goals and eventually going to Borussia Dortmund for 10 million quidddddd

Done a bit of research and that striker was probably Adrian Ramos - who was a notorious pain to play against on FIFA because he was cheap but had some reyt pace. Seems to have gone s**t again now though

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52911&season_id=143

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Done a bit of research and that striker was probably Adrian Ramos - who was a notorious pain to play against on FIFA because he was cheap but had some reyt pace. Seems to have gone s**t again now though

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52911&season_id=143

Who’s now stuck in the Spanish Segunda

47 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Rhodes could have 150 shots in one game and not score and people on here would still blame Carlos/our style of play 

Bit OTT!! 

Its very evident that weve never suited what Rhodes does. He needs a workhorse at the side to compensate his lack of input...chuck in a winger and proper service from midfield and you’ve got yourself a goal scorer. 

Yes he has to start taking chances but that comes from reliable and frequent service from the team and confidence in the player himself. 

20 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Bit OTT!! 

Its very evident that weve never suited what Rhodes does. He needs a workhorse at the side to compensate his lack of input...chuck in a winger and proper service from midfield and you’ve got yourself a goal scorer. 

Yes he has to start taking chances but that comes from reliable and frequent service from the team and confidence in the player himself. 

In most other Championship sides, he’d get even less of a look in A lot use just the one striker, and the better sides would want a higher energy levels The more tradional pairings tend only to be found in the lower leagues A shame, but Jordan has failed adapt to the modern game

An on form Rhodes seemed to know what was happening before anyone else did. He would think quicker than the others, just watch his goals for Blackburn he did all sorts of things to trick defenders and keepers.

He seems to have lost his belief since joining Boro. I don’t think he can complain too much about his time here as he has had games and he has missed a lot of good chances. I just hope he can get something back as he is one of the good guys in football, he threatens to with a typical goal and then it goes again. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

An on form Rhodes seemed to know what was happening before anyone else did. He would think quicker than the others, just watch his goals for Blackburn he did all sorts of things to trick defenders and keepers.

He seems to have lost his belief since joining Boro. I don’t think he can complain too much about his time here as he has had games and he has missed a lot of good chances. I just hope he can get something back as he is one of the good guys in football, he threatens to with a typical goal and then it goes again. 

Exactly, for Blackburn, about 3 years ago. The Rhodes we have seen for the last year is not the same player and there are no signs of it coming back.

14 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Exactly, for Blackburn, about 3 years ago. The Rhodes we have seen for the last year is not the same player and there are no signs of it coming back.

We haven’t, but the game is the same as it was 3 years ago despite what some seem to think.

49 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

In most other Championship sides, he’d get even less of a look in A lot use just the one striker, and the better sides would want a higher energy levels The more tradional pairings tend only to be found in the lower leagues A shame, but Jordan has failed adapt to the modern game

I get all that but when he has played for us he has had good chances to score goals and not taken them. Anybody who goes home and away will have seen this.

If he had taken 50% of those chances we wouldn’t give a flying you know what about the rest of his game. 

His problem has been missing chances, which has sapped his confidence and made it difficult to start him.

2 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I’ve often wondered, if it wasn’t for that game, would our fans have been so desperate for him to sign.

He was perfect that day.

But... it was lg 1

But he has been just as good for Blackburn in the championship.

FFS.

3 hours ago, Carbone said:

You're welcome

The point being that I'm pretty sure Rhodes is finished as a striker at this level but nobody seems to want to acknowledge it and only blame others 

From what I’ve seen of him so far I have to agree , I just feel that he can be better maybe not with us though .

2 hours ago, Carbone said:

Exactly, for Blackburn, about 3 years ago. The Rhodes we have seen for the last year is not the same player and t.here are no signs of it coming back.

It wasn't 3 years ago.

His last goal for Blackburn was on the 23rd Jan 2016, he signed for Middlesborough on the 1st of Feb.

His 6 in18 for Middlesborough in the Champ wasn't too shabby either, with him getting his last one on the 29th of April 2016 helping Boro win promotion.

Not really Jordan's biggest fan, think we needed some speed up top, but he gets a disservice on here at times.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.12.43.jpg

I have the trust in Jordan Rhodes. 

When you have the instinct and the feeling that Jordan had before. You can not lose that. He can make goals. 

My hope is that in the next three months that he can do that and bring back his quality

I believe in him and I believe he can do that.

Maybe tomorrow if he starts or comes in the game we hope that 

We don't lose the trust in him.

You don't lose that instinct and feelings that Jordan has.

When the goal goes in next time he will have the new motivation and feeling that I can score goals.

Jos went on to explain his record at re-motivating strikers who are going through a similar barren run, citing one lad in Germany who was the same and wasn't scoring/happy but Jos got him fired up, banging in goals and eventually going to Borussia Dortmund for 10 million quidddddd

If he comes in the game though.........

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You raise an interesting point

It would be very interesting to see Rhodes' stats and see how many shots on goal he has actually had

3 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

I'm hoping if JR gets a chance that it comes off for him.

Right decision to take him out of the side when his confidence was perhaps at the lowest it's been in the time since he joined.

Be great to see him prove the doubters wrong.

But it's not really a case of being doubters but a case of being realistic. How many games/chances should he be given? 

We have to judge him on what we have seen in the last 12 months and not on what he did three years ago.