Jos "I have the trust in Jordan Rhodes"

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.12.43.jpg

I have the trust in Jordan Rhodes. 

When you have the instinct and the feeling that Jordan had before. You can not lose that. He can make goals. 

My hope is that in the next three months that he can do that and bring back his quality

I believe in him and I believe he can do that.

Maybe tomorrow if he starts or comes in the game we hope that 

We don't lose the trust in him.

You don't lose that instinct and feelings that Jordan has.

When the goal goes in next time he will have the new motivation and feeling that I can score goals.

Jos went on to explain his record at re-motivating strikers who are going through a similar barren run, citing one lad in Germany who was the same and wasn't scoring/happy but Jos got him fired up, banging in goals and eventually going to Borussia Dortmund for 10 million quidddddd

Owlstalk Shop

Rhodes is lacking in confidence, and his goal scoring instinct, probably hasn’t left him, but it’s missing the point

A fit and firing Rhodes might be good, but at this level, that’s not enough from a striker these days That’s the problem

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Rhodes is lacking in confidence, and his goal scoring instinct, probably hasn’t left him, but it’s missing the point

A fit and firing Rhodes might be good, but at this level, that’s not enough from a striker these days That’s the problem

Personally I think if he’s doing what he’s akways been good at then it’s enough. But he’s not taking his chances. 

4 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

Personally I think if he’s doing what he’s akways been good at then it’s enough. But he’s not taking his chances. 

Rhodes could have 150 shots in one game and not score and people on here would still blame Carlos/our style of play 

10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Rhodes could have 150 shots in one game and not score and people on here would still blame Carlos/our style of play 

You raise an interesting point

It would be very interesting to see Rhodes' stats and see how many shots on goal he has actually had

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

I'm hoping if JR gets a chance that it comes off for him.

Right decision to take him out of the side when his confidence was perhaps at the lowest it's been in the time since he joined.

Be great to see him prove the doubters wrong.

Absolutely. But he's been here for a year now. With all the pessimism around the club, the only optimism seems to be for Rhodes and I'm not really sure why  

Just now, Carbone said:

Absolutely. But he's been here for a year now. With all the pessimism around the club, the only optimism seems to be for Rhodes and I'm not really sure why  

From my perspective...........mainly because he's done it before.

It is a bit of a head scratcher to think that in between a transfer to Boro from Blackburn where he was scoring, there's a player that just isn't capable anymore.

May be a case of having peaked to early in his career and that could be taking it's toll but it's a very steep decline if that's the case.

Generally, if we sell a striker they go on to score goals for another club lol

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

we all remember his goals against us at Hillsborough.

I’ve often wondered, if it wasn’t for that game, would our fans have been so desperate for him to sign.

He was perfect that day.

But... it was lg 1

18 minutes ago, Carbone said:

You're welcome

The point being that I'm pretty sure Rhodes is finished as a striker at this level but nobody seems to want to acknowledge it and only blame others 

Is that you Rocket ? 

Edited by S36 OWL

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

I’ve often wondered, if it wasn’t for that game, would our fans have been so desperate for him to sign.

He was perfect that day.

But... it was lg 1

Fair point, but did you see his play off final - winning performance.

And overall goal record.

Of course, we shouldn't have signed him because doesn't fit our system, players.

But we shouldn't have signed Abdi, D'Arby, Fletcher, Butters and loads more.