Carlos Inners!

40 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But Citizen Corbyn produced a manifesto which was the biggest work of fiction since War and Peace, and the young swallowed it.

In Carlos' case the evidence against him is there for all to see almost every time the team plays.

Taylor.png

Good call 

2 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Oh good, another pointless inflammatory post.

He's the only manager to do anything with Wednesday in two decades. We don't pay FIFA ball, we play a possession based game that suits or current players.

And my thinking is is better to play patient, thoughtful football and get promoted (and hopefully stay there) than to strive to be the highest scoring or most exciting perennial mid table team in the Championship.

I especially want Carlos to stay if the chosen manager is going to someone like Pulis or Megson.

In any case, the season isn't even quite half over, and we're ten points from the playoffs.  I'll save my bedwetting for a time when it's actually needed.

Team will look a much better side with FF and Boyd on the wings in attack than it is right now.  When that happens, hopefully we'll stop stalling out in attack in the final third.

So there's your answer.

Well, it's an answer- i'll give you that.

He's the only manager to be provided with the resources to do anything at this level. Yes, we have recruited players to suit a patient (i.e. Slow), passing build up- but it's blatantly obvious that style is not effective enough to achieve something pretty fundamental - score enough goals.

"the season isn't even quite half over, and we're ten points from the playoffs. " - I think that's the problem! How on earth do we manage to be 15th and 10 points off the play offs after only 22 games?! It's appalling!

And re the injuries- all teams get injuries- we're never going to have a clean bill of health, but we have one of the biggest squads in the league, yet we're miles away in terms of both points and performance. In addition, Carlos didn't have a clue where the play FF and Boyd at the start of the season when they were fit- he admitted as much himself.

30 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

What about it?

He is the only manager to have us anywhere near promotion........TRUE 

We do play possession, based football with a pretty methodical approach and short passes - which suits our team of aging ex-PL players, who are good on the ball but not particularly physical, and certainly aren't going to win any accolades based on their pace (or lack thereof)........YEAH WE CERTAINLY ARNT PHYSICAL AND HAVE ANY PACE 

I do think it's better to play this style of football rather than being a team that can create a chance on a smash and grab counter, but can't defend enough to ever win games.  I'd rather routinely win 1-0 with boring pragmatism than routinely lose 3-2 with an attacking team that's constantly caught out..........WHILE I'M NOT SURE THAT THE STYLE WE PLAY IS OUR ONLY OPTION WE CERTAINLY ARNT SUITED TO SMASH AND GRAB ON THE COUNTER ....WITH YOU ALL THE WAY ON A BORING 1-0 WIN IS BETTER THAN AN EXCITING 3-2 DEFEAT 

36 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

What about it?

He is the only manager to have us anywhere near promotion.

We do play possession, based football with a pretty methodical approach and short passes - which suits our team of aging ex-PL players, who are good on the ball but not particularly physical, and certainly aren't going to win any accolades based on their pace (or lack thereof).

I do think it's better to play this style of football rather than being a team that can create a chance on a smash and grab counter, but can't defend enough to ever win games.  I'd rather routinely win 1-0 with boring pragmatism than routinely lose 3-2 with an attacking team that's constantly caught out.

Our most effective half hour in the last 2 months was when we lumped it up to Big Dave against Hull.

I long was in but now im out

does that make me disloyal?

we tip we tap we can't attack

its mekkin mi blood to boil!

two cbs with dodgy knees

and full backs who can't cross

wingers playing inside out 

and forwards growing moss

the midfield sits in our own half

and after several touches

thwy knock it back to Westy boy

who kicks like he's on crutches

after Hull and after Hudders 

we all know what we needed 

some power some pace to match the grace 

instead we have receded

i leave you now and bid goodnight with this god awful sigh

if Carlos stays in disarray we'll ship five at the sty!

1 hour ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Fair play to you fella or lass for sticking to your belief. Seriously. 

Thanks, assuming there isn't anything facetious hidden in there.

Don't get me wrong, the poor run of form raises the eye brows, but I'm just not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater this early in the season; particularly when we've found ways to wee wee games away in the final minutes.

If we even just closed out those games like we should have we would be right up in the 6th or 7th position.  I think we'll right the ship, and hopefully look much, much better in attack when we get Boyd and FF back into the mix.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Possession counts for nothing with no end product. The play is too slow and allows opponents to regain their shape thus be coming difficult to break down. We arent good enough to break teams down. We have minimal shots on target and our lack of pace is also down to a lack of fitness. As for clean sheets we don't have enough of them to win games 1-0. Carvalhal has lost the plot.

Agreed in principle: We have the possession, but it doesn't do is any good when we become useless in the final third and can't even muster a shot - we waste the ball from the fullbacks way too much for my liking.

I do think FF and Boyd working from either flank is the catalyst we're missing to start seeing some end product to our attacks.  As it is, we fail to break disciplined teams down.

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

Ok I'll indulge you and toryowl.

Does it really suit our players?

Performances and results indicate not.Lack of shots on target also.

Contnually win?Need I go on?

We finished in the playoffs two consecutive years.  Obviously doing something right.

The season isn't decided in the first week of December, and our leading scorer for the past two years has been out since the end of September.

This is not the first team in history to have a poor run of form, and I assume our results will improve as we get our players back.

1 hour ago, BC1867 said:

Indoor owl...yeah definitely indoor. 

Ffs what a delusional guy. The fact that you say our current style suits our players is flipping nuts. There could not be a more untrue statement, such is the disconnect between Carlos and transfers. This is despite the fact Carlos himself doesn't seem to be consistent on his involvement in transfers; one week claiming he is not involved, the next week claiming he looked at 200 centre backs before settling on van aken.  

Quite a few insults, not a lot of substance.  And isn't an outdoor owl just a regular owl?

So tell me, what style of play do you imagine our players are best suited to then?

I don't see a heck of a lot of pace out there, and we're certainly not a physical side to be reckoned with or with dominating target men able to play long ball like it was the 80s again.

We don't have the youth or fitness to be play an aggressive press.

Please correct me, because you make it seem as if I'm so obviously wrong.

4 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

We finished in the playoffs two consecutive years.  Obviously doing something right.

The season isn't decided in the first week of December, and our leading scorer for the past two years has been out since the end of September.

This is not the first team in history to have a poor run of form, and I assume our results will improve as we get our players back.

Unless we finish in the top six this season will be a failure. To achieve this we probably need to win 17 out of the remaining 25 games , when we have only won 6 from the first 21 games. It aint going to happen .

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Our most effective half hour in the last 2 months was when we lumped it up to Big Dave against Hull.

Not for nothing, but I actually really like Dave coming on as a sub for exactly that reason.  He's a handful out there. 

Certainly had more urgency to the attack, but disagree that we were really playing a long ball game though.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Unless we finish in the top six this season will be a failure. To achieve this we probably need to win 17 out of the remaining 25 games , when we have only won 6 from the first 21 games. It aint going to happen .

I assume you're basing this off historical numbers for promotion?

Can't say for sure, but the league seems way more wide open this year to me.  As I mentioned in other posts, only ten points between 5th and 16th.  Consistency seems to be an issue for everyone except Wolves.

Seems up for grabs to me, especially as the league takes a toll on starters down the line.

Edited by Indoor Owl

9 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Our form over the last 12 months has been mid table. What makes you think we will go on a necessary run that will be automatic form just to get in the play offs.

Our best results this season against Villa and Leeds we played a high pressing game funnily enough.

9 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Our form over the last 12 months has been mid table. What makes you think we will go on a necessary run that will be automatic form just to get in the play offs.

Our best results this season against Villa and Leeds we played a high pressing game funnily enough.

As I mentioned in the other posts, I think we'll go on a run based on having an attack that gets more than two shots on target once FF and Boyd are back in the squad, and if we can avoid giving away the game by forgetting how to mark a man in the last five minutes of the bloody game.

We've had a bit of a perfect storm of bad officiating, strikers missing chances from six yards out, and forgetting how to defend; but even if we had just managed to defend our leads in the last ~5 minutes of the game and not given away two wins we'd have six points more, and we'd be sitting in 7th place instead of 15th.  6 points between 7th place and 15th - and we threw them away in the final minutes.

But lots of football left.

A little improvement in luck, and a return to some better form and we're there.  Not even the halfway mark yet.

Edited by Indoor Owl

19 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Quite a few insults, not a lot of substance.  And isn't an outdoor owl just a regular owl?

So tell me, what style of play do you imagine our players are best suited to then?

I don't see a heck of a lot of pace out there, and we're certainly not a physical side to be reckoned with or with dominating target men able to play long ball like it was the 80s again.

We don't have the youth or fitness to be play an aggressive press.

Please correct me, because you make it seem as if I'm so obviously wrong.

1 insult: delusional. You can't watch us and think: yeah the style we play is best for our players: if it was we would win more than we do.

Under CC'so watch, the club has collected (at some considerable expense) a number of box men for strikers. Yet simaltaneously has not recruited anyou genuine wide man with pace to beat the full back and cross to them. This is a failure.

If we spent more time getting the ball in the box quicker (rather than passing it around the back and middle in a slow fashion with no penetration, our strikers may do better (albeit without the full compliment of having pace around them or in their number). This is a failure of style.

CC has completely screwed the pooch this season. Not amount of faux justification of his "style" has any credibility, certainly not when all the justification appears to stem from the squad imbalance he has overseen and created by the recruitment decisions made on his watch.

Indoor owl - indoor because you can't get out to watch us much. That was my implication.  bobbar joke I know but made worse by me having to explain it to you.

The flawed logic in your argument would say that Wenger should stay at Arsenal because the squad ofor players fits Wenger's style. This ignores the fact he hasn't saw fit to have meaningfully replaced Vieira, Petit or Keown since they left the club. 

Sorry pal, it's either winning football or it isn't.  The rest is flipping bullshit nonsense. We haven't won enough so CC can get to roger imho.

Bye now.

6 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

As I mentioned in the other posts, I think we'll go on a run based on having an attack that gets more than two shots on target once FF and Boyd are back in the squad, and if we can avoid giving away the game by forgetting how to mark a man in the last five minutes of the bloody game.

We've had a bit of a perfect storm of bad officiating, strikers missing chances from six yards out, and forgetting how to defend; but even if we had just managed to defend our leads in the last ~5 minutes of the game and not given away two wins we'd have six points more, and we'd be sitting in 7th place instead of 15th.  6 points between 7th place and 15th - and we threw them away in the final minutes.

But lots of football left.

A little improvement in luck, and a return to some better form and we're there.  Not even the halfway mark yet.

You sound more like Carlos with every post.

In the  grand scheme of things finishing in the top six for the last two seasons means   nothing as we capitulated in both play off situations ,which amounts to failure ,therefore why keep throwing that in , yes it looks good on paper but that's it ,We started the new season (I.E. this one) on a par with every other team in the league ,,We have virtually done nothing to give us beliefe we are going to get anywhere near top six as yet in fact quite the opposite is happening ,and yet we are expected to want this manager To stay ,lol ,Sorry the football is Turgid the manager never seems to learn from one game to the next , he blames everyone and their mothers for his actions when we play mindnumbing football  and people  are supposed to pay exhorbitant ammounts to support and watch that ,laughable or tragic whichever way you wish to call it but it aint working

2 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

What about it?

He is the only manager to have us anywhere near promotion.

We do play possession, based football with a pretty methodical approach and short passes - which suits our team of aging ex-PL players, who are good on the ball but not particularly physical, and certainly aren't going to win any accolades based on their pace (or lack thereof).

I do think it's better to play this style of football rather than being a team that can create a chance on a smash and grab counter, but can't defend enough to ever win games.  I'd rather routinely win 1-0 with boring pragmatism than routinely lose 3-2 with an attacking team that's constantly caught out.

We don't do that though do we? I get where you're going but that game plan has been totally worked out (most brutally by the pigs) and we don't have another way of playing. That is down to Carlos being stubborn. 

Answer me this - do you think Wilder would get more out of this team. I'm utterly certain he would.

15 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

We don't do that though do we? I get where you're going but that game plan has been totally worked out (most brutally by the pigs) and we don't have another way of playing. That is down to Carlos being stubborn. 

Answer me this - do you think Wilder would get more out of this team. I'm utterly certain he would.

We have our Wilder: He's the bloke everyone is desperate to fire.

Playoff final in the first year because it took teams by surprise, teams learned to buckle down against us and we have more difficulty.

Also, when it comes to Wilder, one swallow does not make a summer.  I'm predicting United finish right around where we are now, if not a little lower. Injuries will take their toll, and they'll get found out - if they haven't already (1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses in the last five).

And to answer your question, my answer is I don't know enough about Wilder to be sure, but my intuition says no: As far as I can see we're a squad staffed to play one style of football, and it's not the style Wilder has his bunch playing.  We couldn't play their game - don't have the quickness for it.  In fact I think any significant change of style for us, including by CC, is square peg into a round hole and wouldn't be pretty.

I don't think it's down to stubbornness at all,  we're a very one dimensional squad in my opinion, and playing a vastly different style is a non starter.

For the record, I don't think we were really found out by United (we're a known quantity, but can still be very difficult to stop because we're good with the ball), I think the players didn't show up to play.  Lazy effort.

Edited by Indoor Owl