Sheffield Wednesday 0 : 0 Bristol City OMDT

Morning fellow Owls!

What a fortnight! The International break that seemed as though it would never end-  is over!

Our neighbouring home nations have all failed to qualify. Which is a huge shame as I always like to see our neighbours getting through.  As it is, there will be only us English under the stewardship of Southgate.  No Italy either.  It somehow won’t seem real with them not there. Showing the world how to pinch games when it matters. I'll miss them.  Still......will save us having to play them.

Hirst-gate rumbles on and on and on and on. 

My own situation hasn’t much improved. I’m still in the old camper van in the woods. Though Stubbs has managed to bring me some pot noodles, a calor gas stove and a crate of lager. It’s not the best diet but it’s better than nothing. And like a celebrity that sleeps rough for charity with my new diet I’m feeling a closer bond with my fellow fans.   The lager is from Mrs Firkin who runs the Minotaurs Head. She’s still open for business, despite the presence of the sentinel Tripods which have surrounded the village. She’s a rough old bird though. The lager was in tins. Which surprised me a little as she's a tennant of Snooty Ales and we only do drought.  I'll be having a word with her if I ever escape from here.....anyway.

The Wednesday – V- Bristol City

No automatic alt text available.

We welcome Bristol City to Hillsborough and their squeaky-whispering manager Lee Johnson. He’s from Newmarket. Nearly 100 miles outside of London, but somehow he’s managed to acquire that small mouthed Fagin sounding quality you associate with an untrustable cockernee type.  

Anyway.  Here we go with the good news.

Bristol City play 4-4-2 – Hurrah!

We’ll match anyone who plays the same system as us. Man for man we’ll take anyone to town as we proved against the Villa with our superb display.

Bad news is…

That’s mainly at home. Away from home they tend to go with a 4-1-4-1- Boo!

Much debate about whether Wednesday go with the same side.  If the game had been on the following Wednesday after the Villa than I suspect, we would. But with that fortnights break who knows what’s happened. Maybe someone has shone so much in training that Carlos won’t be able to resist having a tinker. Or maybe someone has picked up a knock that we don’t as yet know about. 

I hope to see Rhodes continue up front. I’m a fan of Fletcher, but when goals-scorers start finding the net then they should be kept in and given every chance to keep the confidence up and the run going.  Again. I just hope the break hasn’t been a drain on the positive energy that Rhodes was showing at Villa park.

KIERAN LEE

At this moment he is 100 %. He is training 100%. When training is more hard maybe the next day we must manage him. We have three games next week and we believe he can be important, if not all the games, some of them."

Will he be put back in?  I’d hope he’d keep Butterfield in after his Generals display against The Villa he was an absolute metronome with his passing and allowing Bannan to shuttle wherever he wanted. Nothing against Lee of course, who’s probably our best line breaking midfielder with his darting runs beyond the front man.  But it’s all about balance isn’t it?

Bristol City at home. We’ve played them 18 times in the last 26 years.  So many goals...

And yet ....whenever they come to Hillsborough my mind always, always wanders back to one moment…

giphy.gif

Dirty Mark Aizlewood. Yellow card.  Mind, these days a similar tackle on Fernando would probably result in a booking for diving.  Aizlewood. Dirty get. Never any intention other than to nail Trevor.  Wilko shipped Aizlewood quick sharp when he was at L**ds.  In 2004, Aizlewood was fined £1,800 after assaulting television presenter Jane Harvey during an interview for BBC investigative programme ‘X-Ray’ by grabbing her around the neck and pushing her down a flight of steps.

Anyway…

Here's some stat type stuff that many of you seem to enjoy.

Or at least you probably will do till you see City are one of the best away sides in the division.

Image may contain: text

I think one thing we will see is goals.

This fixture does seem to throw them up. 

Come on Wednesday!

See I told you we could do the thread without smutty remarks about Bristols!

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Sheesh Snoots now I can put out the light. What kept you?lol

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Morning fellow Owls!

What a fortnight! The International break that seemed as though it would never end-  is over!

Our neighbouring home nations have all failed to qualify. Which is a huge shame as I always like to see our neighbours getting through.  As it is, there will be only us English under the stewardship of Southgate.  No Italy either.  It somehow won’t seem real with them not there. Showing the world how to pinch game when it matters. Still. Will save us having to play them.

Hirst-gate rumbles on and on and on and on. 

My own situation hasn’t much improved. I’m still in the old camper van in the woods. Though Stubbs has managed to bring me some pot noodles, a calor gas stove and a crate of lager. It’s not the best diet but it’s better than nothing. And like a celebrity that sleeps rough for charity with my new diet I’m feeling a closer bond with my fellow fans.   The lager is from Mrs Firkin who runs the Minotaurs Head. She’s still open for business, despite the presence of the sentinel Tripods which have surrounded the village. She’s a rough old bird though. The lager was in tins. Which surprised me a little as she's a tennant of Snooty Ales and we only do drought.  I'll be having a word with her if I ever escape from here.....anyway.

The Wednesday – V- Bristol City

We welcome Bristol City to Hillsborough and their squeaky-whispering manager Lee Johnson. He’s from Newmarket. Nearly 100 miles outside of London, but somehow he’s managed to acquire that small mouthed Fagin sounding quality you associate with an untrustable cockernee type.  

Anyway.  Here we go with the good news.

Bristol City play 4-4-2 – Hurrah!

We’ll match anyone who plays the same system as us. Man for man we’ll take anyone to town as we proved against the Villa with our superb display.

Bad news is…

That’s mainly at home. Away from home they tend to go with a 4-1-4-1- Boo!

Much debate about whether Wednesday go with the same side.  If the game had been on the following Wednesday after the Villa than I suspect, we would. But with that fortnights break who knows what’s happened. Maybe someone has shone so much in training that Carlos won’t be able to resist having a tinker. Or maybe someone has picked up a knock that we don’t as yet know about. 

I hope to see Rhodes continue up front. I’m a fan of Fletcher, but when goals-scorers start finding the net then they should be kept in and given every chance to keep the confidence up and the run going.  Again. I just hope the break hasn’t been a drain on the positive energy that Rhodes was showing at Villa park.

KIERAN LEE

At this moment he is 100 %. He is training 100%. When training is more hard maybe the next day we must manage him. We have three games next week and we believe he can be important, if not all the games, some of them."

Will he be put back in?  I’d hope he’d keep Butterfield in after his Generals display against The Villa he was an absolute metronome with his passing and allowing Bannan to shuttle wherever he wanted. Nothing against Lee of course, who’s probably our best line breaking midfielder with his darting runs beyond the front man.  But it’s all about balance isn’t it?

Bristol City at home. We’ve played them 18 times in the last 26 years.  So many goals...

And yet ....whenever they come to Hillsborough my mind always, always wanders back to one moment…

giphy.gif

Dirty Mark Aizlewood. Yellow card.  Mind, these days a similar tackle on Fernando would probably result in a booking for diving.  Aizlewood. Dirty get. Never any intention other than to nail Trevor.  Wilko shipped Aizlewood quick sharp when he was at L**ds.  In 2004, Aizlewood was fined £1,800 after assaulting television presenter Jane Harvey during an interview for BBC investigative programme ‘X-Ray’ by grabbing her around the neck and pushing her down a flight of steps.

Anyway…

Here's some stat type stuff that many of you seem to enjoy.

Or at least you probably will do till you see City are one of the best away sides in the division.

Image may contain: text

I think one thing we will see is goals.

This fixture does seem to throw them up. 

Come on Wednesday!

See I told you we could do the thread without smutty remarks about Bristols!

Nice to see you Snoots even if a little late. I assumed you were analysing the Coutts incident as that January fixture is looming large. But on reflection Brizzle city is far more important.

Form, more to the point, finding it and maintaining it is so important to us right now. Them across the City are making us shudder but we must handle the pressure .

We have it in us lets make sure we flop it out and they all will do a runner ...Come on Wednesday UTO WAWAW.