Sheffield Wednesday 0 : 0 Bristol City OMDT

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I must put a Makeson on my bucket-list.

Always wondered if it tastes as lousy as it looks.

Remember my Great Aunt Doll used to send me round the shop to fetch her a Mackeson.

I would've been no more than 5

44 minutes ago, A12owl said:

A bit like Marmite. You either love it or hate it. Cider and Mackeson was my tipple in my younger days (that's a long time ago) in the Olive Grove. Its called a Black Velvet. Bet it's never drunk now. I was in my younger days. 

Im sure Cider and Mackeson once won Opportunity Knocks.

10 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Wern’t they a tag team on the Saturday afternoon wrestling ?

In my youth I once umpired a charity cricket match and wrestler Tony St Clair bowled and ran like a complete wus.

I didn't tell him mind.

Well done Snoots - great effort from your dogging forward listening post in't woods....

Never a dull game between us and Brizzle - either we win with a few quality goals or we get made to look like a bunch of plums.

They are slick on the break and strong at the back despite a dodgy start last year - just like us in CC's first season [sound familiar?]  except we have changed to play to the opposites strengths and they have gone on to improve.

Mindless balls into Flint will just not cut it - but we have a chance with slick interplay between Bazza, Hooper and Rhodes and hopefully someone running at the lumbering CBs.

Hoping Hooper gets in the goals - we don't want that thick Leon cast off being top goalscorer for the division this year...

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Whaheeeeey proper footballs back, not that false toxic international crap, today we should be back on the map with a good win, Bristol City seem a decent side though, but today we should all be in it together and get behind our team whether it be for real at S6 or listening or watching on the tinternet at home stroking our keyboards, all differences should be temporarily set aside, petty club politics and views and all, at least until after the match...WTF:

ctw.png.99847785d6737c8b1f9a0db56f8569f8.png

One complaint, Snoots. Who's the team in 6th place at home? Didn't know Sheffield Club were back in the Championship. I detest us being referred to as Sheffield. We're either SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY or Wednesday.

As for you that don't know Mackeson Stout, you've never lived. Most of us older ones started drinking by being given a drop from Grandma's after you'd fetched it from the Beer-Off. It was either that or Taddy Nut Brown Ale - anyone remember that? And I well remember getting paralytic on Poor Man's Black Velvet - either Mack or more often Guinness and cider.

As for beer, it's correctly referred to as Draught., the draft being an Americanism. 

Oh for a pint of Draught Stones now!