ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 8 corporate hospitality

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Every one of his ask the chairman had made like he knows what he is doing but it is anything but.

We have an aging under performing squad, good young players not tied down to long contracts meaning they can leave for nought no sponsorship, no corporate sponsors as the prices are just too high, no 150th anniversary as no one bothered to do anything, club shirts still not all available, a manager who thinks two wins means he's a world beater but still we play the boring dier rubbish.

All in all give it 6 months if we are not promoted i see DC selling us before he has to put his hand in his pocket. Instead of using the cash cow fans and the FFP excuse Every time someone says why are you not putting any money in.

You plank lol

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing that I cant get my head around is this

If corporate boxes don't generate significant profit then why do football clubs fall over themselves to build as many of them into their stadiums as possible?

Sometimes they even redevelop whole stands purely in order to accomodate more of them

Clearly there is a potential demand for this type of hospitality but the pricing has to reflect your customer base and the product on offer. Now I readily accept you Don't just offer this just for the sake of offering it. Businesses should close down poorer performing divisions even if they are turning a small profit or try and increase said profit. However if the result is no customers I suggest that is not a good outcome unless you are not bothered at all

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

blokes got summat to sell and names his price if the customers think it's too expensive or a rip off  then don't buy ......I always thought that was the basic concept of buying & selling and fail to see what people are bitching at .

Part of it is the approach of the Club in negotiations. I directly know from a business acquaintance who was responsible for negotiating the contract with the Club what happened here and he has no reason to lie. 

I look at the long term effects, if we got to the Premier League then it will sort itself out. Don't and where are your corporate customers now - probably Doncaster racecourse. 

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Part of it is the approach of the Club in negotiations. I directly know from a business acquaintance who was responsible for negotiating the contract with the Club what happened here and he has no reason to lie. 

I look at the long term effects, if we got to the Premier League then it will sort itself out. Don't and where are your corporate customers now - probably Doncaster racecourse. 

my heart bleeds for them, there was no negotiations with the rank & file when he put prices up to 49 quid ....

44 minutes ago, torryowl said:

my heart bleeds for them, there was no negotiations with the rank & file when he put prices up to 49 quid ....

The bit that rankles is not the price.

Would your attitude be the same If Wednesday wrote to you and offered you a season ticket on the South Stand for £600.

You accepted the offer, filled in and signed the attached form and returned it to the club.

In your mind you had purchased a season ticket for £600.

A few weeks later Wednesday qualify for the play offs.  The club rings you up and says actually we’ve changed our mind.  It’s now £700 and you need to buy it before the play offs start. Otherwise we’ll be putting the price up even more.

Out of principle you refuse. Wednesday then lose the play offs and contact you and say £600, how about it? 

Would this annoy you? Would it be so willingly swept under the carpet if it had happened to the vocal masses?

I really don’t think so. It would’ve made headlines on TalkSport and Sky.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, torryowl said:

No and that wasn't right either

Lets be clear once you have no corporate customers, once you have limited POTG folk, once you have creamed everything merchandise wise, tell me who is actually left to turn to apart from season ticket holders 

Football is always about today so perhaps that is simply what we focus on, but lets look ahead 2 may be 3 seasons, we aren't in the Premier League, the funds have dried up, some of the decisions made today for me have a huge capability of causing long term damage to the Club

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Would your attitude be the same If Wednesday wrote to you and offered you a season ticket on the South Stand for £600.

You accepted the offer, filled in and signed the attached form and returned it to the club.

A few weeks later Wednesday qualify for the play offs.  The club rings you up and says actually we’ve changed our mind.  It’s now £700 and you need to buy it before the play offs start. Otherwise we’ll be putting the price up even more.

Out of principle you refuse. Wednesday then lose the play offs and contact you and say £600, how about it? 

Would this annoy you? Would it be so willingly swept under the carpet if it had happened to the vocal masses?

yes it would annoy me the but if they dropped it back to 600 I wouldn't cut off my nose to spite my face by not accepting it ...... ....he's just the bloke in charge he aint Sheffield Wednesday and( hopefully not sounding like some saddo with nothing better to do) that's where my  loyalty lies and there's nothing he can do( unless he prices me out)  that would  drive me away .

15 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Sounds very similar to the kit excuse. It's a shame that the club won't mention the kit manufacturer's name so we could get both sides of the story.

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

Every one of his ask the chairman had made like he knows what he is doing but it is anything but.

We have an aging under performing squad, good young players not tied down to long contracts meaning they can leave for nought no sponsorship, no corporate sponsors as the prices are just too high, no 150th anniversary as no one bothered to do anything, club shirts still not all available, a manager who thinks two wins means he's a world beater but still we play the boring dier rubbish.

All in all give it 6 months if we are not promoted i see DC selling us before he has to put his hand in his pocket. Instead of using the cash cow fans and the FFP excuse Every time someone says why are you not putting any money in.

Still prattling on i see. 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

yes it would annoy me the but if they dropped it back to 600 I wouldn't cut off my nose to spite my face by not accepting it ...... ....he's just the bloke in charge he aint Sheffield Wednesday and( hopefully not sounding like some saddo with nothing better to do) that's where my  loyalty lies and there's nothing he can do( unless he prices me out)  that would  drive me away .

That’s the difference between buying a corporate package and a season ticket though.

I won’t compromise my love and support for the club. But I can do that by buying a season ticket (like I have).  I don’t need a box to support Sheffield Wednesday.

For Corporate entertainment I have loads of different options.

You can’t just change the club you support.

That is the fundamental difference that people aren’t understanding. I wouldn’t give Wednesday a £1,000 for business purposes unless I thought it gave good value.

Business is business.

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Lets be clear once you have no corporate customers, once you have limited POTG folk, once you have creamed everything merchandise wise, tell me who is actually left to turn to apart from season ticket holders 

Football is always about today so perhaps that is simply what we focus on, but lets look ahead 2 may be 3 seasons, we aren't in the Premier League, the funds have dried up, some of the decisions made today for me have a huge capability of causing long term damage to the Club

your asking the wrong bloke I have no wish to be in the prem and despise how modern football is run ........he's here to make money until he gets to the prem he has to make it anyway he see's fit to help cover some of  the vast amount  he's put in and stay the right side of FFP  and we have to pay up to help him do that .I don't like it , I don't like how he goes about things but he's the one who's put up the money in and who am I to tell him what to do or how to run his business ............

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Especially with United on the up and their fanbase growing. 

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Business is business.

This is the bit that I don't get. Everyone in 'Corporate Hospitality' understands the 'business'. In every business prices go up and you weigh up buying against the cost benefits. Club loyalty, unless a tax write off or the business you run is hugely profitable and you are a lifelong supporter, means nothing. It's about schmooozing clients and stroking ego's to promote business loyalty or create new business. 

Once again DC is very clear with his response. An excellent process. Well done.

12 hours ago, Walt said:

In a nut shell...Igglepiggle has had his boarding tickets for the Pinky Ponk revoked after already agreeing upon a price. Upsy Daisy reckons that she can't make money on such events even if the Tombliboos, Wottingers et al were all aboard and paying full whack. Quite what Makka Pakka thinks is anyone's guess.

Or is that Cbeebies?

Makka Pakka can f@cking do one.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Sounds very similar to the kit excuse. It's a shame that the club won't mention the kit manufacturer's name so we could get both sides of the story.

I'm assuming for the reasons @rickygoo mentioned we can't do that or might end up in court.

I'm no expert but seems ridiculous that for telling everyone the truth you can potentially end up in court.