ASK THE CHAIRMAN - PART 8 corporate hospitality

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t know what the pulled posts said. The libel laws are stacked against ordinary people. Sometimes they can’t afford to fight those with deep pockets. 

Fare enough I didn't see the posts but it's hard to see DC has done anything wrong without evidence to the contrary. 

Just now, roaminowl said:

I didn't mention your typo. It wasn't relevant to my point.

If you're insinuating that I don't understand the law connected with free speech, I'm inclined to regard it as defamation of character. I'm currently in conversation with my legal team and may be taking you to court. Be careful. 

Just now, Internationowl said:

If you're insinuating that I don't understand the law connected with free speech, I'm inclined to regard it as defamation of character. I'm currently in conversation with my legal team and may be taking you to court. Be careful. 

I hope that's a joke...and if it is then it's not funny. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I reckon we're seeing the club moving away from trying to get George The Butcher to have a box to getting McLaren, Apple and Uber to have them instead

If course why would Mclaren, Apple and Uber go to Old Trafford to watch the Champions League and Man Utd every week when they can pay double the price to get second rate service and watch Sheff Wed vs Bristol in a box with astro turn for the carpet.

I don't know why we have sold all the boxes.

Oh wait a minute I have it they are a rip off, if the club cannot make a profit selling them at £25,000 then how are Sheff Utd doing it at £14,000 a season I think DC is believing his own propaganda again 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing that I cant get my head around is this

If corporate boxes don't generate significant profit then why do football clubs fall over themselves to build as many of them into their stadiums as possible?

Sometimes they even redevelop whole stands purely in order to accomodate more of them

They do generate money at the higher end, but more importantly, it tends to be steady revenue:

Corporate boxes typically sell at the same rate regardless of team performance, and often times are paid for and go unused.

That, and even outside of game time they can be used for events: When my company looked at possible event venues, a corporate room in Yankee stadium was $7000 USD for a night - even though the baseball season was over.  Madison Square Garden for a night when the Rangers were actually playing was around $18 000.

Serious cash to be made if you have the venues, even if there is no actual sporting event to be had. 

The boxes are at 60% occupancy now, but if (when) we get promoted I'll bet it's not going to stay that way for long.

Or at least, that is the lure of them.

Edited by Indoor Owl

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If course why would Mclaren, Apple and Uber go to Old Trafford to watch the Champions League and Man Utd every week when they can pay double the price to get second rate service and watch Sheff Wed vs Bristol in a box with astro turn for the carpet.

I don't know why we have sold all the boxes.

Oh wait a minute I have it they are a rip off, if the club cannot make a profit selling them at £25,000 then how are Sheff Utd doing it at £14,000 a season I think DC is believing his own propaganda again 

They only serve chip butties in their hospitality hence increased revenue.

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

They only serve chip butties in their hospitality hence increased revenue.

Every one of his ask the chairman had made like he knows what he is doing but it is anything but.

We have an aging under performing squad, good young players not tied down to long contracts meaning they can leave for nought no sponsorship, no corporate sponsors as the prices are just too high, no 150th anniversary as no one bothered to do anything, club shirts still not all available, a manager who thinks two wins means he's a world beater but still we play the boring dier rubbish.

All in all give it 6 months if we are not promoted i see DC selling us before he has to put his hand in his pocket. Instead of using the cash cow fans and the FFP excuse Every time someone says why are you not putting any money in.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

i must have told this story 20 times.

Box holders sign contracts.

Return to club.

Wednesday reach play offs.

Box holders told £5K increase and change in payment terms. Contracts not being honoured.

Wednesday lose at Wembley and tell Box holders actually we’ve changed our mind again, you can have it for original agreed price but on different payment terms.

At that point, Wednesday lost Box holders not because of the price but because that’s just not the way most of us do business.

Loads of us have told you the same story. 

Nothing more to say on it - so I won’t be.

Is it only 20 times ?

It seems many more than that to me. :wacko: