Graph on comparison with previous seasons

Guest Quist

8 minutes ago, Peter Brayshaw said:

Yep, just need to turn our 4 wins in 13 form, into 3 out of 3 and we're on our way!

Certainly more 'doable' than 9 on the spin...with Dingles and Millwall the next 2 up.

Depends whether your bottle is half full or half empty...

lol

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

To get where we need to be at the half-way point we need 9 wins and a draw from the next 10.

Any less and we'd need to average well above 2 points per game in the second half of the season, which is a big, big ask

half-way.jpg

Your points required projection looks alarming if you assume we are still aiming for the top 2 Mr Harrowby.

Most of us I think would now be content to finish 6th or above, so the usual 73-75 point total is definitely achievable.

2 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Certainly more 'doable' than 9 on the spin...with Dingles and Millwall the next 2 up.

Depends whether your bottle is half full or half empty...

lol

At the moment it feels half empty after Bolton, Birmingham and Derby. I can't imagine how empty it'll feel with anything other than 6 points from the next 2

30 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

not as dramatic is it when in fact, 3 wins on the spin will get us back on track....

That is relying on other teams to flounder as well ...

long term wise .. i can't see it happening. At present, based on performances, there is no chance in hell that we will string a running run together ... I mean, 10 game winning run .. fóok me ..

:tango:

Edited by Hack-Abusi

4 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

That is relying on other teams to flounder as well ...

long term wise .. i can't see it happening. At present, based on performances, there is no chance in hell that we will string a running run together ... I mean, 10 game winning run .. fóok me ..

:tango:

be interesting what the top 3 were on after game 13 last season - I don't see a Brighton, Newcastle or Huddersfield emerging at this point - possibly Wolves but the others are less than convincing...

My take on this to get in contention we need 5 wins in next 7 games.

Should add that is for play offs. It would require exceptional form for automatic promotion.

Edited by Quist
Further explanation

5 hours ago, Muffin Owl said:

Your points required projection looks alarming if you assume we are still aiming for the top 2 Mr Harrowby.

Most of us I think would now be content to finish 6th or above, so the usual 73-75 point total is definitely achievable.

I know Mr Muffin but do we really want to go through the play-offs again?

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

Still more than 2/3rds of the season to go..

True, but to get to 90 points from 16 where we are now we'd need another 74 points. 

That's an average of 2.24 points per game over the remaining 33 games - that is some run of form

13 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

True, but to get to 90 points from 16 where we are now we'd need another 74 points. 

That's an average of 2.24 points per game over the remaining 33 games - that is some run of form

The way it's going, you might secure an auto with points in the low 80's?

Interesting graphs. The trouble is we had 4 winnable games  (or maybe 10 points anyway) to get us back on track - Bolton, Derby, Barnsley, Millwall. So far played 2, lost 2. It's going to be a hell of a turn around. Not impossible but wow it would get the old blood pumping around again.

Edited by doubleo

This is a slow motion worm - 36 weeks compared to the 3 hours 20/20 cricket - folks giving themselves aneurysms!

I can't imagine the magnitude of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and suicides after a Yorkshire T20 Blast....

On 26/10/2017 at 13:46, Peter Brayshaw said:

It was 22 points from 15 games, or stats show it's virtually impossible to make the playoffs. As such we can still make that mark with 2 wins in the next 2 games.

Oh Dear - its getting harder to believe and I ( really want to believe).

On 27/10/2017 at 00:36, HarrowbyOwl said:

Roughly the same as our S2 neighbours have done over their last 56 games but, of course, most of those games were in the pub league and they do have an exceptional manager. Blimey.