Is Jordan Rhodes the new Francis Jeffers?

Jordon Rhodes is a very good striker at this level and a very driven and respectable individual. He's not had the time and service to succeed here yet.

Francis Jeffers was an overrated, overpaid, lazy sod who lived of having half a dozen good games for Everton for the rest of his career. We should never have signed him. There is an idea from some people that he was one of those players who "needed better players who were on his wavelength so he couldn't score goals" strange he never scored any goals anywhere else isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, richjacq said:

When he went off crocked yesterday i had a sudden realisation that he is the Jeffers of the current era. 

No One will ever be as bad as Jeffers 

Fox in the box my Arse 

5 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Jeffers didn't give a bobbar. Jordan clearly does. You can tell he wants to succeed.

To be fair though he didn't look particularly bothered at missing a sitter yesterday... Compare that to Fletcher's reaction when he missed a chance :wacko:

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He is what he is, but I blame the idiots who thought it was a good idea to sign him We will look back on this as the signing that derailed the project

I was delighted we signed him - he’s been a disaster so far.

Going exactly as I feared 

Interesting that the 2 signings supporters have demanded in recent years, Rhodes & McGugan, have been absolute disasters.

No wonder i rarely agree with anyone on here

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Jordon Rhodes is a very good striker at this level and a very driven and respectable individual. He's not had the time and service to succeed here yet.

Francis Jeffers was an overrated, overpaid, lazy sod who lived of having half a dozen good games for Everton for the rest of his career. We should never have signed him. There is an idea from some people that he was one of those players who "needed better players who were on his wavelength so he couldn't score goals" strange he never scored any goals anywhere else isn't it?

Jeffers played for England.  Rhodes had to defect to Scotland and still can't get in their squad or ours.  Jeffers played loads of games in the Premier...Jordan hasn't. Jeffers was crap for us but he wasn't as bad as some make out before his injuries 

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Jeffers played for England.  Rhodes had to defect to Scotland and still can't get in their squad or ours.  Jeffers played loads of games in the Premier...Jordan hasn't. Jeffers was crap for us but he wasn't as bad as some make out before his injuries 

Hi Francis.

• Haha 1